Man makes real life Buster Sword and Sephiroths Masamune.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I've been watching these videos for a while now, the man makes alot of really cool swords and other weapons. Most recently he made Clouds Buster sword and then today uploaded Sephiroths masamune.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
That Buster Sword is tasty. Got a really sweet replica of the Masamune off Global Gear a few years ago but I think they've stopped selling it since, either that or they have it listed under a different name for copyright reasons. They did the Fusion Sword replica too

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The Masamune arguably could be if you were strong enough that holding it felt like holding a regular katana, but somehow the Buster Sword seems impractical no matter how strong you are. Unless you're riding a horse.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I reckon you could use the Masamune Braveheart style, wait until the guy with the Buster Sword charges at you whilst you repeatedly say "Hold". Then, at the last second, pull the Masamune up and impale that motherfudger before he reaches you.

As for the Buster Sword, wait on a ledge above a doorway and drop it on them as they exit...getting it up there in the first place could result in hernias though >_>

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Lawl, the Masamune looks rather wobbly there, :monster: Off course, they made it out of a single piece of solid steel, the traditional sword would be made out of folded hard and soft metals or something like that. Not sure if that would matter much though.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Yush, normally swords are made out of folded carbon steel. At Masamune length it still bends but it's more of a flexible stretch than a wobble. T'would also be fairly light all things considered. It'd probably still bend to breaking or at least warping point if something heavy or thick enough came at it at speed, which somewhat negates my Braveheart plan. ¬_¬ Swords that length were usually used by horseback guys (cavalry?) as spear type things to clear out infantry and look badass doing it.

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
In real life zweihanders and other such oversized weaponry had specialized uses. I believe blades as big as Sephiroth's would be held by multiple people with the explicit purpose of clearing out infantry sorties. Zweihanders like Cloud's were mainly used to knock pikes out of people's hands on the front lines. I had the theory you would wield one as far as you could and destroy a bunch of distracted people, then drop it for a more functionally appropriate weapon when the situation got hairy and someone had you in their crosshairs.

I believe I was close, sans the pikes thing, which my friend told me about.

However, the inhuman strength necessary to wield one practically in a combat situation is reserved for a special few, and their zweihanders aren't as thick or immense as Cloud's greatsword. There have been some men historically who would decapitate multiple people with a single swing and fought with zweihanders like Guts does, but I don't think that would work with the Buster Sword. Too thick.

Built for mako and cell infused super soldiers I'm afraid.

xxx_geostigma_xxx

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Those are awesome replicas! I own 2 sephiroth blades, 1 kadaj sword and 4 cloud swords and 2 of those are his advent children buster swords 1 comes apart into 4 different pieces and the other comes apart in 6 different pieces.

Top Bottom