• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Man of Steel / Justice League / DC films

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think I remember hearing about this a long time ago. Or, at least there was something big Zack Snyder was doing a while back. Maybe it was something else, I can't remember.

Seems promising, though.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I vote Brandon Routh gets a second chance :awesome:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The character has become pretty stagnant. Snyder's hyper-stylization can only do the franchise good at this point, at least imo.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The character has become pretty stagnant. Snyder's hyper-stylization can only do the franchise good at this point, at least imo.

Eh.

The films were never anything special.

More than a few writers have done some great work with the character however. Especially Grant Morrison.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Eh.

The films were never anything special.

More than a few writers have done some great work with the character however. Especially Grant Morrison.

I was referring to the live-action portrayals :monster: Though I did enjoy Smallville for a short period of time.

I think Snyder could really do something interesting with the material in film format. I haven't seen all the Superman movies but what I've seen they've basically been doing the same thing over and over. The new one tried to do something new, but... feh.

Also kinda hoping Lex isn't the main villain =\

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I hate Smallville so much.

Darkseid should be the villain for maximum violence. Then again there's always Braniac, Zod, Metallo, Atomic Skull, Lobo, Parasite, hell even, lol, Bizarro.

If they ever use bizarro he'll just be an evil version of superman or something. no way they've have supes beat up a retard for a blockbuster summer movie

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
In his original appearances that's all he was.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I doubt thei'll use Brandon Routh again. Its a real shame because I thought he did a great job. I did like Returns, but I see what people didnt like about it.

If they recast, I'd love to see Jim Caviezel in the role.
18426140.jpg

If they wanted a Margo Kidder type Lois, Id say Courtney Cox. But I quite liked the touches of Catherine Hepburn that Kate Bosworth brought to the role, like in the animated series. Though im not sure she was right for the role, maybe too young. That what i worry about with the Natalie Portman rumours

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I always thought of a Henry Cavill type to play Superman. If I recall correctly, I think he was rumoured a few years ago, before Returns came out.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The only thing I can add to this topic is that the Superman as depicted in the most recent movie looks very corny. I vote nay to skintight suits and underwear on the outside in live action movies... on men :awesome:.

I also think live action superman only worked in the 70's and 80's.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Darkseid should be the villain for maximum violence. Then again there's always Braniac, Zod, Metallo, Atomic Skull, Lobo, Parasite, hell even, lol, Bizarro.
Surely, Lobo would be even more maximum violence? :awesome:

Anyway, I'd be more excited about this if Grant Morrison or James Robinson were involved with the story, but still... quietly optimistic.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Because he started off as a Superman villain.;)

250px-Superman_-_Return_of_Superman.jpg

Durr, that's the joke.

He was a superman villain for about 3 seconds, and then he would up playing a huge role in the GL mythos opposed to Supes'.

Hell, he's almost as much of a nemesis for Hal Jordan as Sinestro was.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Durr, that's the joke.

He was a superman villain for about 3 seconds, and then he would up playing a huge role in the GL mythos opposed to Supes'.

Hell, he's almost as much of a nemesis for Hal Jordan as Sinestro was.

True, true. But still...he's such a badass villain and I'd love to see how Snyder handles the character. :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I just hope it's not Luthor again.

But I wouldn't hope for too much after hearing all of the plot rumors going around.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Please, not Luthor! :faint:

Dunno, maybe it'd be too soon to have Cyborg Superman in the film so early. It would be nice if they at least introduced Hank Henshaw and took his character forwards from there.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
FFFFFFFFFFFFF IT'S GENERAL ZOD AGAIN. THAT'S AS BAD AS LUTHOR

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Amy Adams is so goddamn cute, imho.

But, they've should have chosen a different villain. Would have loved to see Brainiac. There's a lot they've could have done with that character creatively, and considering his abilities they've could have set up different routes for sequels, etc.

Top Bottom