Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
sA434Ut.png

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Friends, I need to vent.

I most joyously started 2 this afternoon and... I'm just having a lot of trouble liking some of the things that changed.

The interface feels empty and sloppy compared to 1, and I find a lot of the navigating awkward. The whotsit that shows your crew status is cute, but feels very impractical in-battle. The management of weapons and crew skills is needlessly bundled up in a very small space. In most menus, almost anything you select needs to be confirmed by clicking another button halfway across the screen. Little things like those take up a lot of time in the long run.

The hacking/decryption stuff is angering frustrating me a lot too, mostly because once you botch it, you've lost your chance. I try to save often, but sometimes I just get so carried away, and then I don't have the option of loading and trying again.

All of these grievances will probably be gone by tomorrow once I am used to it:wacky:.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Friends, I need to vent.

I most joyously started 2 this afternoon and... I'm just having a lot of trouble liking some of the things that changed.

The interface feels empty and sloppy compared to 1, and I find a lot of the navigating awkward. The whotsit that shows your crew status is cute, but feels very impractical in-battle. The management of weapons and crew skills is needlessly bundled up in a very small space. In most menus, almost anything you select needs to be confirmed by clicking another button halfway across the screen. Little things like those take up a lot of time in the long run.

The hacking/decryption stuff is angering frustrating me a lot too, mostly because once you botch it, you've lost your chance. I try to save often, but sometimes I just get so carried away, and then I don't have the option of loading and trying again.

All of these grievances will probably be gone by tomorrow once I am used to it:wacky:.

Fucken put your fist to your screen and I will bump it from the other side of the globe

That's basically the way I saw it going fresh from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2. I literally got out of my seat and walked to the shops to buy the second game, and going into it immediately felt incredibly sloppy and awkward in the navigation and UI department.

I liked the minigames a lot, but apart from that the first time playing it through the game felt like two steps forward and one step back in a variety of departments

Airling

I romanced Liara first game, and unknowingly set myself up for the sting when in the 2nd game she just... pretends nothing ever happened. WHYYY LIARA?!:'(

Now I'm romancing Thane. Yep, I'm setting myself up for emotional annihilation in the 3rd game, aren't I?

Airling

Ah shweet. I got that with the deal, but I can't quite tell if it's actually active and working or not.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It's a particular dialogue option when you see her on Illium that is obviously "I would like to activate this DLC storyline now" :monster:

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Man that whole thing with Liara in ME2 really upset me on an emotional level (I romanced her in ME1 my first playthrough).

It drove me into Tali's arms NO REGRETS

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I romanced Liara first game, and unknowingly set myself up for the sting when in the 2nd game she just... pretends nothing ever happened. WHYYY LIARA?!:'(

Now I'm romancing Thane. Yep, I'm setting myself up for emotional annihilation in the 3rd game, aren't I?

While I've never experienced them myself, Thane's romance scenes are quite nice and touching.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Go, Kimble. You playa. :awesome:

I always ship Talibrations, it just has to be said. <3

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I killed Tali. I liked Legion better, but I killed him too. I didn't mean to! I'm out of playable characters now, :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I didn't kill Tali. :(

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The game's been out a while but please keep spoilers spoilered. Mostly because people in this thread are playing through the series :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Spoiler tagged now, whoops. Sorry! :)

I had a pretty good discussion with a friend I met up with
and completely forgot that EDI dies if you destroy the Reapers. I felt like a major dick after that. So if there's ever a remastered version, I'm going to seriously struggle with the final decision. The only one I haven't tried yet is the control option, so that would be more than likely in the scenario.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I like Refuse, personally. It's like "Here are three options, pick one." and Shepard's all like "Yeah, fuck that."

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
But but but how do you even save them, :(.
or the millions or however much of whatever Tali's masked brethren are called. Or the geth. I like the Geth moar though. BOW BEFORE YOUR ROBOT OVERLORDS

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I don't know what you people are talking about because I dealt with Cerberus and then had a party at my apartment and nothing else happened. NOTHING.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
River in Egypt, etc. :monster:

Saving both requires a variety of variables that are influenced from choices made in ME2 as well as ME3, as well as your influence score you accumulate throughout the game. I'm not sure saving both is possible if you haven't imported a save, since ME3 selects "default" choices for newcomers

Airling

I'd almost hoped that I wouldn't have enough paragon or renegade to keep both Jack and Miranda loyal, but I seriously hope I've got my shit lined up right to save Tali and Legion.

Top Bottom