• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Mass Effect Series

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Lmao I just wanna see asari commando unit born from liashep.

If it's a solid continuation of the trilogy there is just so much I wanna see.

Like what ending they decided to go with.
Did joker and edi have kiddies?
Did garrus and Tali have kiddies?
Are quarians able to breath without their suits?
How many kids did wrex have?

I'm seeing a trend.....

Reactions: Lex

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
So... if I'm understanding that trailer correctly, they're coming back to the Milky Way. Which hopefully means they're done fucking around in Andromeda. Which I hope is true, cuz fuuuuck that galaxy and everything that came with it.

Lex

Administrator
They seem to be hinting at a game that connects Andromeda with the original trilogy. Idk if they'll do two timelines or what. They did make a fairly big deal of connecting Liara to Andromeda in that game if you did all the Benefactor stuff and checked out Ryder's dad's room often.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Timeline is doable if they fix the travelling without mass effect relays.

Andromeda left during the time of ME2 while liara was hard into being the shadowbroker and she helped secure a lot of the resources required for the arks. Its roughly about 600 years between the arks leaving and arriving in Andromeda so like you mentioned earlier lex if this is older liara then all that remains is explaining how they joined up two galaxies without mass effect fields.

That said I suppose the technology behind mass effect fields were well studied so even if the catalyst blew them all up it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the various races banded together and reconstructed them or focused on new FTL drives making travel seemless.

That said there is nothing to say the tidbit we saw is even that far in the future as it's just liara(mibbe) finding a piece of n7 armour which could have just been years after the crucible blew up and just fanservice to stop fans complaining of how bad they fucked up with Ryder.

Ugh fuck bioware and dropping this without more info XD

Lex

Administrator
Maybe they're gonna start fucking with wormholes? That's really the only thing that could connect the two galaxies eh. Unless they discover like a super relay that somehow wasn't destroyed along with the rest of them.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It'll possibly be something like that yeah, not a stretch at all. I was already raising my eyebrows when it turned out they came to Andromeda in a generation ship instead of some relativity-bending transport mechanism. I don't mind it though, it's more 'hard' science.

Anyway, any bets on whether they will allow more character customization this time? e.g. play as one of the alien races instead of the very generic humans?

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
If they do manage that it kinda just cements that Ryder is actually fucking useless as a saviour lol.
The big "will they survive" will be pretty much answered the moment the new alliance pops up one day laughing at them still using thermal clips XD

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Ok so I went wayyyyyy down the rabbithole after the teaser dropped.

Ahem.

Reaper present in the background as you watch what we think might be liara climbing up the snowy slope.

Could reapers be the key to FTL travel continuing and the ending was symbiosis?

N7 gear liara finds is the side piece of an n7 helmet. (See attachment)

HOWEVER!!!!!!!
Final moments of shephard show him mangled and bleeding from everywhere after surviving the reaper beam.
He has no helmet on at this point!
So....is the helmet a piece of his n7 armour that was blown off and left in the pile of human bodies on the citadel?

Thank you for listening to my tedtalk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201212-172445_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20201212-172445_Reddit.jpg
    796 KB · Views: 6

Lex

Administrator
I'm not so convinced the gear belongs to Shepard now, the more I've thought about it. The wreckage I thought was a Mass Relay in the trailer actually looks more like the Citadel, and Shepard fell back to Earth, not some random frozen planet with a bunch of moons. It seems an odd thing for them to tease the way they did though, so I could be wrong.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I just assumed with the explosion of the citadel it might have rocketed parts of it (and Shep) across the galaxy. Maybe it's taken 800 years for liara to put together the world's biggest human jigsaw?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Regardless though, how are they going to account for our neopolitan ice cream ending of ME3? Those are 3 very different settings.

I don’t really understand people’s beef with the end of ME3. I mean, it wasn’t good, but it did let us decide the entire fate of lifeforms in the galaxy. That’s hardly a “your decisions don’t matter” moment like everyone complains about. I chose to make everyone a hybrid — is ME5 going to reflect that??

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
The fact the reaper is notable in the trailer background could symbolise the synthesis ending where they got rid of the divide between organic and machine.
I think that ending was widely seen as the most paragon option as it solved a great deal of the issues in the galaxy, i.e reapers & Beth as well as helping to improve the lives of the quarians who (if you chose that option) were being helped by the reapers with tech to improve their immune systems.
Would also explain how travel is available to Andromeda as the reapers always had access to higher levels of tech than the alliance anyway.
Would be the easiest "galaxy calming" option and if they do bring back Shep then he was already the bionic man anyway so no issues there.

Lex

Administrator
Regardless though, how are they going to account for our neopolitan ice cream ending of ME3? Those are 3 very different settings.

Everything I can see points to them choosing a canon ending, and that ending being Destroy. This is what the majority of fans had been hoping for and notably the reapers live in both "synthesis" and "control" endings, but not "destroy". Liara is walking up a dead reaper, there's a dead reaper in the background, there's destroyed relay/ citadel debris everywhere. The mass relays are destroyed in every ending (except control, but that's debatable) as the Citadel itself is essentially the controller of them all.

I don’t really understand people’s beef with the end of ME3. I mean, it wasn’t good, but it did let us decide the entire fate of lifeforms in the galaxy. That’s hardly a “your decisions don’t matter” moment like everyone complains about. I chose to make everyone a hybrid — is ME5 going to reflect that??

On release it was objectively garbage, honestly. With the free extended cut DLC released a couple of months later, it becomes a matter of whether or not you accept the plot (personal taste). Prior to that DLC it's just a frantic mess laden with inconsistencies and little to no exposition/ explanation, with the scenes to follow not well done enough to compensate.

That said, I still can't stand the ending even with the extended cut DLC. It made me feel slightly better about it, but only because it added things that should have been there in the first place (i.e. hints at the fate of our squadmates).

They had set a precedent with how Mass Effect 2's suicide mission played out based on recruitment choices, loyalty missions, whether or not you took ship upgrades, and then your choices in the final mission itself requiring you to actually know your squadmate's strengths and weaknesses. Something akin to that is what people went into the end of ME3 expecting, with the outcome varying based on the choices you had made throughout the trilogy. Some of this came to fruition in Priority: Tuchanka (probably the best part of the game) or Priority: Rannoch. This kind of thing adds appeal to replayability because if you get a bad ending or squadmates die in ME2, you can do another playthrough or make different choices to experience another outcome.

If we specifically examine Priority: Rannoch, there are various key factors leading up to what choices you can make and whether or not they will be successful, saving both the Quarian and the Geth, committing genocide, or Tali sacrificing herself.

This kind of thing goes back to Mass Effect 1, where Wrex can attempt to kill you if he doesn't trust you (based on either his loyalty or your persuasiveness).

The end of the trilogy should have been (IMO) a culmination of all of those things, but based on decisions you'd made throughout the trilogy that the developers consistently said would matter in the end. The whole trilogy was marketed that way. Mass Effect 3 itself was marketed by the developers that way specifically with regard to the ending. And the ending that they put out doesn't reflect that at all (some devs even spoke out about how it was changed due to rushed development at the time). I completely understand that they may have bitten off more than they could chew, and that it was a colossal undertaking.

What we got in the end was a "twist" that was way too far removed from the spirit of the story leading up to it. The implications of the three choices are obviously huge, but in practice they're meaningless because you're picking one of three colours (or the very short extended cut option that tells you you're shit for not picking one of them) regardless of any choice you made throughout the three games it took you to get there.

In spite of how much I hate the ending, the OG Trilogy is still one of my favourite stories of all time. It just deserved a far better ending than it got.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^Perfectly said. It's not that you don't have a choice, it's that you have exactly one choice, on which absolutely none of your prior choices have any bearing.

And also that, yeah, even though the choice results in very different settings, it changes extremely little of your own personal payoff as a player.

Lex

Administrator
And also that, yeah, even though the choice results in very different settings, it changes extremely little of your own personal payoff as a player.

This is the crux for me. And like, it's been 8 years now ya know? I've had plenty of time to replay, let it sink in, re-think it - I've given it several open minded chances. I've literally done mental gymnastics to try and make it work for me, but I still just think it's shit. I'm older and wiser, but I'm every bit as disappointed in that ending as the day after I first finished it and got a message telling me to buy DLC :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Totally fair. I definitely benefited from having all the DLC integrated into the game (I can’t even imagine the game without the Citadel DLC) and heavy forewarning about the limp-dick ending.

Lex

Administrator
There were just some very basic things missing from the end of ME3 at launch. Like the part where you're running towards the beam - prior to the extended cut DLC your two squadmates just disappear, fate unknown. I might actually look it up and see if someone's made a chart or something lol.

jabloniaki

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I love Joker. But I remember feeling incredibly pissed off after the Thessia mission, and although I thought the paragon option with him was aggressive, I thought it was really appropriate for the tone of the moment. I remember actually feeling pissed off with Joker but then regretting how aggressive that option was. Definitely a weird one.

Top Bottom