• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #17: Ask Tetsujin anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This is a new thing we're doing where we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=5]Tetsujin[/member], who has elected to share the following information:
Hi, I'm Tetsujin~

So uh. Random info about me.
I'm 28 years old and from Bielefeld in Germany (there is a long running gag in Germany that Bielefeld does in fact not exist...it does though. I swear. :shifty: )

I've been here pretty much since the beginning and consider TLS my e-home.
The name Tetsujin has been with me ever since I started using the internet (around 2003/2004).

I'm a heavily introverted person who prefers hissing at people from inside my mancave instead of going out and socializing. I suspect this might be the cause of my Forever Alone™ status. :lol:

When I'm not in hiding I actually like traveling and seeing new places and cities and stuff. I just don't get to travel very far with my limited resources at the moment. :P

...I ran out of things to say, so just ask me shit already. :monster:

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Do you mind me calling you Tets?

As a long hair - do you have any specific haircare routine or products? or do you just wash and go?

How many sugars do you have in your tea/coffee?

Pick 3 TLS members to have to a dinner party/bad film night and why?

Is Germany as clean and tidy as I hear it is?

3 non-sentient things you'd rescue if your house was on fire?

Favourite item of clothing?

What are you looking for in a woman?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Tetsujin...that's 'iron man', right? (Don't speak Japanese, could be wrong) Where did you get that name?

What is this ACF thing you oldsters keep talking about?

Where's the farthest you've travelled?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Do you mind me calling you Tets?

No. :monster:

As a long hair - do you have any specific haircare routine or products? or do you just wash and go?

I use shampoo and conditioner, that's about it.

How many sugars do you have in your tea/coffee?

I don't drink either. :P

Pick 3 TLS members to have to a dinner party/bad film night and why?

Aaaah, that is a hard question. I'm anxious about having to pick people because then others might feel left out. :lol:
I also feel I would have to know people better to make an informed decision. :shifty:

Is Germany as clean and tidy as I hear it is?

No, there's just as much shit lying around and graffiti on the walls as in any other place to be honest.

3 non-sentient things you'd rescue if your house was on fire?

Hmmm, that's a good question.

- my money stash :P
- my backup harddrive
- a red panda plushie my best friend gave to me :P

Favourite item of clothing?

A long coat that I once got on eBay from an Australian person who on the other hand bought it at a place called Village in Tokyo which is like a small boutique that often creates designer shit for Jrock dudes and where I suspect Tetsuya Nomura sometimes goes to masturbate in the stalls or something. :monster:

Also, my leather jacket.

What are you looking for in a woman?

Hmm, it would probably be easier to answer if I had some more relationship experience. I suspect as you gather experience you get a clearer idea of what you want and what you don't want as opposed to initially where you're all like "must be hot and like the same shit I do :wacky: "

I don't know, I guess someone who'd be like a best friend to me and understands that I need a lot of alone time and stuff. :monster:

Tetsujin...that's 'iron man', right? (Don't speak Japanese, could be wrong) Where did you get that name?

I liked the track, thought the name sounded cool - so I named myself that on the internet. :P
Yeah, it means 'iron man'.
(Truth be told, I didn't even bother looking up the meaning back then - for all I know it could've meant 'cock muncher' or something...)

What is this ACF thing you oldsters keep talking about?

Advent Children Forums. Was a pretty big site back then. Drama happened and it imploded.
Their Crisis Core themed frontpage is still up, curiously...

Where's the farthest you've travelled?

Kecskemét, Hungary.

It was a school trip actually, where we visited a partner school of ours to hang out with a class of theirs.

I have yet to leave Europe. My time might come next year to travel to Japan which I am equal parts excited and nervous about. :P

Ghost X

Since you don't drink tea or coffee, what you do drink? and why? :closedmonster:.

What are you nervous about in regards to visiting Japan? Are you climbing volcanoes? (too soon? :awesome:).

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
If I hug you, will you turn into a huge teddy bear? :)

Name one thing that scares you. Name another thing that makes you laugh.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Since you don't drink tea or coffee, what you do drink? and why? :closedmonster:.

Milk.
...it's great when you add vanilla and raspberry flavor. :awesome:
Everything is better with vanilla. Fact.

What are you nervous about in regards to visiting Japan? Are you climbing volcanoes? (too soon? :awesome:).

I...might stay away from volcanoes for the time being. :awesome:
Nervous because of all the moonspeak. I mean, they do say you get by with just English especially in touristy places but still. I should brush up on my Japanese anyway...

If I hug you, will you turn into a huge teddy bear? :)

You'll just have to try and find out. :awesome:

Name one thing that scares you. Name another thing that makes you laugh.

Scares me: Spiders. I am an arachnophobe after all.
Outside of phobias though...being lonely when I grow old and withering away in some retirement home or something. =/

Makes me laugh: Watching Game Grumps. :P

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
What's your favourite food? Do you like kirschetorte (I don't believe there are people who don't)? What's Christmas like in Germany? We have the Frankfurt market come to Brum every winter and I love the foodstuffs because we generally don't get them here (another reason to love Aldi, they stock some tasty seasonal stuff). Where have you been in Britain? What's a typical day for you? Best castle you've visited (you seem to have visited several IIRC)?
Do you like German beers or are you one of those weird contrary types who likes Other Stuff? :P Do you have any pets? How is it I've known you online for aeons and yet still don't know much about you? ANSWERS, NAO! :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
What's your favourite food? Do you like kirschetorte (I don't believe there are people who don't)?

My favorite food since childhood days has been spaghetti bolognese. It's also the only meal I can prepare by myself so far. :lol:
I haven't tried Kirschtorte to be honest. I have eaten Erdbeertorte (strawberry pie) though. It was good. :3

What's Christmas like in Germany?

Well, there's Christmas markets all over the place where they put up stalls and shit all over the shopping districts where you can get Christmassy stuff and food.
Christmas presents are also given on Christmas Eve instead of the morning after. :monster:

Where have you been in Britain?

I've been to London (three times), Nottingham (twice), Guildford and Leeds. Mostly to visit friends who live there.

What's a typical day for you?

Get up, have breakfast, internet, feeling sorry for myself, more internet, binge watching stuff, dinner, internet, sleep.

The typical life of someone w/ depression and over four years of unemployment. :wackymonster:

Best castle you've visited (you seem to have visited several IIRC)?

To my recollection I've only visited about two or three actually, including the one here in Bielefeld. :P

Out of the few I've seen, Schloß Drachenburg easily wins. :P
It looks like a freakin Disney castle or something.

1603_668434889840563_973473805_n.jpg

I wanna see more eventually...there's a couple I wanna visit in Bavaria, like Neuschwanstein (which literally *was* the inspiration for that Disney castle).

Do you like German beers or are you one of those weird contrary types who likes Other Stuff? :P

I don't drink alcohol actually. :monster:
I tried a non-alcoholic beer once. I imagine this is what hot cat piss would taste like. :closedmonster:

Do you have any pets?

Nope. I wish I could have red pandas :P
Unfortunately, they are not domesticated and also endangered. :p I also reckon I'd need a garden for them to roam around in...

How is it I've known you online for aeons and yet still don't know much about you?

Hmmm, I guess I just don't really talk too much about myself here?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Is kirschtorte the same as black forest gateau? Cos I fucking love that stuff.

Top 5 game soundtracks and/or composers?

What is the worst thing about living in Germany/being German?
What is the best thing?

What do you do for a living? (Can't remember if you've ever said) Ignore this I am an illiterate dick :monster:

Stuff in your record collection you're embarrassed of?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Which Kamen Rider do you enjoy thoroughly the most since you saw some of the series?

If I came to Germany one day, and asked for where's the best places to go what would you recommend?

What do you consider to be a good business venture with the type of interest or hobbies you currently have?

If I am to invite you to comic-con in the US would you accept?

What other bands or genre of music do you find interesting?

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Testy bear said:
Christmas presents are also given on Christmas Eve instead of the morning after.

I fucking love that. It makes scheduling Christmas Day vs. Christmas Eve with the two families SO much easier!

My husband's family comes from Germany, and he still has family members living there. I'd ask what you'd recommend me to see, but since Reg asked that already, I'll ask instead: what's a good time of year to visit? When is it warm? When is it a low traffic season for tourists?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Is kirschtorte the same as black forest gateau? Cos I fucking love that stuff.

Nah, it was a different kind.

Top 5 game soundtracks and/or composers?

I don't really have a top 5 of favorite composers, more like a top 3.

1. Nobuo Uematsu
2. Yoko Shimomura
3. Chris Hülsbeck

As for soundtracks...ohh, this is hard. I listen to so many soundtracks and there are so many good ones. :@
I can't guarantee this is my all-time top 5 but these are the ones that I especially like that came to my mind atm:

1. Final Fantasy VIII...or IX? I can't decide. D:
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. Turrican 3
4. Soulstar
5. Secret of Mana

What is the worst thing about living in Germany/being German?
What is the best thing?

The worst thing: Our past, I guess. We were the Nazis once. You can't beat that on the crappiness scale.

Best thing: Free healthcare, no university fees :monster:

Stuff in your record collection you're embarrassed of?

Nothing actually. :monster:
Well, maybe Start Something from Lostprophets. Actually really liked the album but then their singer turned out to be a baby rapist, so...:closedmonster:

Which Kamen Rider do you enjoy thoroughly the most since you saw some of the series?

Out of the few I've seen (really need to catch up on newer/older stuff), I liked Kamen Rider W the most.

If I came to Germany one day, and asked for where's the best places to go what would you recommend?

Well I'm not exactly a travel guide but...maybe someplace in Bavaria? They have mountains and amazing landscapes and nice old looking towns. I kinda wanna go there again myself.
We used to go on vacations there many times when I was a kid. There was this small town called Hopfen Am See where we went camping. There's a lake and mountains and Castle Neu Schwanstein is fairly closeby.

The more I think about it, the more I long to go back.

I wanna see mountains again, mountains, Gandalf!

What do you consider to be a good business venture with the type of interest or hobbies you currently have?

Uh. I dunno. Doing Let's Plays for a living on Youtube? :monster:
Gotta have charisma for that though.

If I am to invite you to comic-con in the US would you accept?

Always wanted to go there anyway, so...:awesome:

What other bands or genre of music do you find interesting?

I do like rock/metal the most although I also listen to a bunch of other stuff...my taste can be all over the place.
I'm gonna be lazy and just link you to my last.fm profile :P

I'll ask instead: what's a good time of year to visit? When is it warm? When is it a low traffic season for tourists?

Well, it's warm in Summer. :wacky:
My city doesn't get any tourists...I assume tourist season would be during Summer? And Winter for mountain regions because of skiing and shit. :monster: So anytime outside of that? :p

Has Germany had an outbreak of ebola yet? :monster:

Not yet...:shifty:

Cabaret

Donator
What do you think of German stereotypes? Do you to conform to any? (idk, like drinking beer in Yopy sized volumes :P )

What would make you change your indoor habits to more sociable ones? Would you show that you were under duress or try to make the best of it?

What does :monster: mean to you?

Just before you go to sleep, what runs through your head/do you actively think about?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
What video game weapon would be your weapon of choice?

On the other hand, what would you hate to be saddled with as your armament?

What about FFVII/Final Fantasy in general appealed to you?

If you could have any two materia from FF7 to equip in your two-slot starter weapon, what would they be? :monster:

Also, no Michiru Yamane for best composers? PSSHAW! :P

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
What do you think of German stereotypes? Do you to conform to any? (idk, like drinking beer in Yopy sized volumes :P )

I'm not actually sure what our stereotypes are...except maybe the one where people think German is an aggressive sounding language. Which annoys me, because obviously they have only been exposed to Nazi party leader speeches and/or Rammstein. :wacky:
I don't think I conform to any stereotypes...and as mentioned earlier no beer/alcohol for me. :P

What would make you change your indoor habits to more sociable ones?

Not having anxiety issues, I guess. :P

What does :monster: mean to you?

It means everything and nothing.
It is the Alpha and the Omega.
There is no one singular meaning to it.
It is different for every person.
You have to find the meaning of :monster: deep within yourself
To understand what :monster: is to everyone else
Once you have done that, and found enlightenment
You will truly Know
How the Cookie crumbles.

:hugemonster:

Just before you go to sleep, what runs through your head/do you actively think about?

Usually just stuff that concerns me...either that, or I'm tired enough to not think of anything and fall asleep immediately.

If you could live in any world (excluding any FF world :P) what would it be?

Probably the Marvel universe. High chance of supervillainy and alien invasions, sure. But also a chance of winning the superpower lottery. :capmon:

Favourite "dad-joke"? Most hated one?

I don't think I know any? D:
I'm not even sure what qualifies as one. :lol:

What video game weapon would be your weapon of choice?

The Murasama from Metal Gear Rising. A samurai sword converted to a High-Frequency blade. Badass. :D

Metal%20Gear%20Rising%20Revengeance%20Samuel%20Concept%20Art%20%283%29.jpg

On the other hand, what would you hate to be saddled with as your armament?

Any of the Cool But Impractical Final Fantasy swords a la Buster Sword etc. :P

What about FFVII/Final Fantasy in general appealed to you?

The setting. Up until then, I had only known the medieval type of setting for fantasy games. The sort of semi-futuristic and somewhat cyberpunk-ish aesthetic of FFVII seemed like something I had never seen before until then.

Also, the FMVs. When I watched the FFVII trailer for the first time, they just made the game seem incredibly epic and like an interactive movie or something.

If you could have any two materia from FF7 to equip in your two-slot starter weapon, what would they be? :monster:

Hmmm. Fully-leveled Cure materia and Ultima. :P

Also, no Michiru Yamane for best composers? PSSHAW! :P

I've literally only played two games she composed for, Symphony of the Night and Rocket Knight Adventures (of which I don't remember the music as it has been way too long since I played it). :P

Cabaret

Donator
^ What a great film!

where/what would you go/do on a second date with 'dat special someone?

Why do you have anxiety issues?

Have you ever dressed up like the vampires in the Lost Boys cos you just look that damn cool with your long black hair?

If I were to make you a jam (of which I've been doing all summer) what kind of jam would you like?

What are you proud of having done in these last few weeks/month?

Where did your user name come from?

When people call you Tets, do you feel all cuddly inside?

Would you answer to Tets if someone called you it irl?

What do you find most eye catching/appealing in a potential partner? (EG bright sparkly eyes or a cool accent or ability to burn major cities to the ground or stuff like that.)

If you have a problem and no one else can help, who do you call?

What would you do if electric no longer worked and the world descended into chaos?

What car would you like to put the hammer down on?

When you go visit a place, what do you get up to generally?

What do you think of skin as an organ in general?

In the story of your life, what part would a film focus on?

Do you have any good scar stories?

Do you have techno joy or is all this new fangled technology just getting out of hand?

Why have you not yet stared a :monster: religious order? It is your duty.

(I agree that German is not at all aggressive sounding, in fact I think it's a rather beautiful and expressive language, but it is one that has never stayed in my head sadly)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
What do you think of skin as an organ in general?

I love you Cab :lol:

@ Tets, what do you think of your parents? Has your opinion on them changed as you've got older?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Do you like stollen? If you don't we may have to fall out. :P Sweet or savoury pretzels? Favourite musicians (non-FF)?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
African or Indian Elephants?

Underwear preference?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Why do people say Bielefeld doesn't exist?

Can you actually prove that it does?

Does it actually exist in the Negative zone?

Top Bottom