• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Midgar 3D Model - Yes it's still going!

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Death and Rebirth, seems only like yesterday I was posting a thread about my WIP ShinRa building 3D model on ACF.

Anywho, first the Introduction, for those of you who used to frequent on ACF, I was the user 'Noen' who was making the 3D model of Midgar and other random FF stuff, tho over time the thread died off, then the forums died off, and now there's a new one. And since X-SOLDIER suggested i should post a new thread for the model, here it is! (You guys need an art section too :P).

So then, a lot has changed since the last updates on the old thread, so here's a bunch of new render that I actually just did up over the last couple of days.

First up a familiar pic, it's the floor 66 conference room only now properly rendered with lighting and shadows.

Next, the President's Office all nicely rendered too, no idea if this has changed since last time :P

Now this pic is part of my massive texture update on the ShinRa HQ, its floor 69 with my new Crisis Core style materials (these were pretty much made for the interior of the 2 flanking towers and the SOLDIER level when I get to it) tho I plan to make the tower levels more white and grey for a more classic feel.

Pretty Mako Reactor Bumpmaps

And here's a uber massive render of the whole city (OMG ITS FINISHED! ....ha ha just kidding I only duplicated a section of Sector 5 and pasted it in Sectors 7, 8 and 2 so it would look better)

Finally, here's a teaser pic for something I've been experimenting with (just note its a long way off from being something playable)

So, overall I still have plenty to do since I only work on this every now and then when I'm not making a cosplay or other artwork. I'll post more updates as they come but in the meantime feel free to check out my deviantart which is where I have been posting my renders since I stopped with the ACF thread (Also got my share of cosplays on there too :P). http://noengaruth.deviantart.com/

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Nice to see you around. :D

The new renders are looking really good. I especially like the bumpmapped one of the Reactor. The lighting on the other indoor renders have done a lot for the appearance of the building overall. (How long did that massive render take you?)

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Neat-o. Is the kinda cartoonish~ish style (especially in that conference room) intentional or...?

Must've taken forever to make all that, great work. And lulzy that you've chucked it into the Crysis engine thingy, :monster:.

NoenGaruth

AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
[quote author=X-SOLDIER link=topic=59.msg483#msg483 date=1228305935]
(How long did that massive render take you?)[/quote]

bout an Hour, on a PC more powerful than my home one (still trying to tweak the settings to make it go faster)

[quote author=X-SOLDIER link=topic=59.msg483#msg483 date=1228305935]
Neat-o. Is the kinda cartoonish~ish style (especially in that conference room) intentional or...?[/quote]

lol, the cartoony look wasn't intentional, just things like the table are plain colours and not textures, I'm actually gunning for a more realistic look.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Wow such detail, I know 3D graphic's take forever to design, its hard, and this looks good, you should feel accomplished.

Those are amazing! I know a lot of people who will love to see those.
Also *look at devart* you make quite the sexy Rufus. :-*

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Indeed you do make a good looking Rufus, like really good, accurate if you will. The Wutai picture (showdown) was very nice, the bridge just happens to remind me of one of the many in Wutai. It's incredible.

NoenGaruth

AKA
Thanks all, glad you like my renders!

lol, i see a couple of you were browsing my cosplays too (don't mind the RenoXRufus stuff going on....I don't really approve of such things but the Reno in that pic is a persistent person and keen on that pairing)

and also I have a couple more renders to share, this one isn't going on my dA considering the Sister Ray is still a WiP. (Whipped this one up to use as a desktop)

and here's a pic of the ShinRa HQ lobby, currently I'm in the process of retexturing it since the yellow in the stairs is just plane ugly, probably gonna go with Crisis Core style colours (I have also been wondering weather or not to give the lobby the reception desk and closed off showroom like in CC, tho maybe it was remodeled into what is seen in ff7 after an attack from Genesis or AVALANCHE?)

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
There's also that large period of time after Zack & Cloud get captured up in the ShinRa Manor where they could've remodeled / repainted things after god knows what else happened. I think a showroom'd be a pretty rad idea.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
What modeling program do you use? I know most people use either Maya or 3DSMax (and spend most of their time arguing with each other about which one is best).

NoenGaruth

AKA
I use Maya 2008, which is of course far superior to 3DSMax :monster:

...well I have nothing against 3DS, just find Maya more user friendly.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Yay, great to see you here. Man, I've had one of your renders as my desktop for over a year now. Its always awsome to see updates whether its on DA or anywhere.

btw, have you done anymore work on the church. I cant remember if i saw it with all of the textures. I remember you were looking for a texture for the pillars.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Oh my gawd, that is quite amazing. I took 3D Studio classes for three years in high school, (I sucked btw) so from a technical level I can understand how freaking time consuming this must have been. Seriously, kudos. I tip my hat in you general direction! :monster:

NoenGaruth

AKA
[quote author=Pixel link=topic=59.msg856#msg856 date=1228553871]
Yay, great to see you here. Man, I've had one of your renders as my desktop for over a year now. Its always awsome to see updates whether its on DA or anywhere.

btw, have you done anymore work on the church. I cant remember if i saw it with all of the textures. I remember you were looking for a texture for the pillars.
[/quote]

Yo, long time no see.

Ok the church, pretty much haven't added anything new to it in a long time, did optimize the polycount of it a little while ago, and recently was playing with the lighting, and in fact i have a test render i whipped up of it. Still needs work by I've been focusing above the plate lately...

(The flower bed will be returning soon after a long absence as they used to be paint effects which were causing major lag in the scene, but I've got a way around that now!)

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Fantastic job as always. It'll be nice to have the flowers added in finally though. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You still going to release the map as a mod for Crysis?

I seem to recall you mentioning the idea somewhere.

Looks fantastic btw.

NoenGaruth

AKA
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=59.msg1762#msg1762 date=1229109479]
You still going to release the map as a mod for Crysis?

I seem to recall you mentioning the idea somewhere.

Looks fantastic btw.
[/quote]

Yep that's still the plan (unless a better game comes along) as I'd really love a decent means of letting people explore the city. Just depends on how long it takes me to finish the actual model.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
And once that's done, if ever, you'll be spending forever² on finishing up / making it playable, :monster:.

NoenGaruth

AKA
Okay everyone, I'm in need of some opinions.

Behold the lobby (still workin on the lighting)

Currently I'm working on it, and since I'm in the process of overhauling it with better textures (since those bright yellow staircases are so damn ugly) as I stated earlier I'm pondering again what layout to have the lobby, CC or VII, possibly even both (the closed showroom cept the doors removed and the doorways a bit bigger).

for comparison here's shots of the two

Now regardless of the style I'll be adopting most of the crisis core colour scheme and put in those red hanging Shinra banners (those are present In dirge too).

Now to my second part, since I'm in such a Crisis Core mood I'm planning on starting the SOLDIER level of the Shinra Building, of which I'll include the main area with the windows, the briefing room, that weird holodeck place and Lazard's office somewhere above it.

So pretty much the Interiors of HQ will be:

Lobby > SOLDIER level > Lazard's office > Floor 59 > Shin-Ra Tower floors 60-70

Then there's also the Turks located in the right tower that flanks HQ, which so far will have a reception level, some kind of office/kick back area for the Turks themselves and Tseng's office at the top (I know for a fact that Tseng's office is located in the central building with the Giant logo but the roof isn't high enough there so I'm going with this.

And also the flanking tower on the left is for a department of my own design which i like to play around with ideas in.

So thats pretty much a rundown on HQ, Stay tuned for WIP's of the SOLDIER floor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom