Mobius FF x FFVII Remake Prelude Event

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer

http://www.finalfantasy.jp/mobius/s...8ec0.html?_ga=1.3428080.1766883955.1440590616

Looks like the promotion of Final Fantasy VII Remake is starting early. Mobius Final Fantasy will be running a "Final Fantasy VII Remake Prelude" collaboration event called "Eclipse Contact" in which the city of Midgar suddenly appears in the world of Paramythia, along with the mysterious youth Cloud.

Rewards include the enhanced Masamune + weapon, an Aerith Echo Fairy, and three cards: The Unknown Rebels, Barrett: FFVII Remake, and Cloud: FFVII Remake. A Cloud-themed "SOLDIER 1st" job card will also be available to Wol.

The campaign runs until February and will be distributed in three chapters.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Those green eyes on Cloud look mako-tastic! I'm really stoked to see all the huge build-up to this event.

X :neo:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
job_all110.jpg

SOLDIER 1st Job Card (Deathblow: Omnislash / Warrior Type)

abi_all0904.jpg

Cloud: FFVII Remake Ability Card (Blade Beam / Dark / Ranger)

abi_all0905.jpg

Cloud: FFVII Remake Ability Card (Finishing Touch / Wind / Warrior)

abi_all0906.jpg

Barret: FFVII Remake Ability Card (Satellite Beam / Light / Warrior)

abi_all0907.jpg

Barret: FFVII Remake Ability Card (Grenade Bomb / Fire / Mage)

abi_all0908.jpg

The Unknown Rebel (Flash Grenade / Light / Mage)

abi_all0909.jpg

The Unknown Guardian (Tear Gas / Water / Support)

abi_all0910.jpg

The Unknown Activist (Soma Drop / Recovery / Support)

abi_all0804.jpg

Guard Scorpion Type-1 (Flash Grenade / Light / Mage)

I'm just so stoked about the Turks!!!!!! I can't wait to see Reno come slouching in to the church and just stand there casually watching Cloud and Aerith.

I really hope this game comes out at the beginning of the summer so I can give it my undivided attention.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
abi_all0909.jpg

The Unknown Guardian (Tear Gas / Water / Support)

Ohhhh yes please. Biggs. Yum.

Edit: Is Mobius Final Fantasy an app game for iPhones and iPads? I'm curious, this is the first I've heard of it.

Last edited:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
This is interesting and cool, apparently the Cloud event happened, and in his story was released like Midgar reactors, and each of the story was a Midgar reactor unlock or something, and they find a crystal and Aerith's theme starts playing and there is talk about Cloud trying to find his way home and the Promised Land or something, also the SOLDIER and Aerith costumes are called One Time date or the Aerith Echo fairy says she will go out with you once to Cloud, or something, idk :pinkmonster:

This is interesting and cool, apparently the Cloud event happened, and in his story was released like Midgar reactors, and each of the story was a Midgar reactor unlock or something, and they find a crystal and Aerith's theme starts playing and there is talk about Cloud trying to find his way home and the Promised Land or something, also the SOLDIER and Aerith costumes are called One Time date or the Aerith Echo fairy says she will go out with you once to Cloud, or something, idk :pinkmonster:
Getting Final Fantasy Tactics "Cloud lost in the lifestream so he appears in another world" flashbacks. :awesomonster:

Coooooool. Reactor #1 video.

EDIT: More FF7 Mobius videos can be found on the same YouTube channel.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
As near as I can tell, the Aerith costume is just called "AerithEcho" (エアリスエコー):

mK78hKj.png

Above that, you have "Fairy Selection" (妖精選択), and "Fairy List" (妖精リスト) above all the thumbnails, so that suggests to me that the name we see there is the costume's name.

Meanwhile, the SOLDIER job is just called "SOLDIER 1st" (ソルジャー1st):
PgJQCol.jpg

What you heard about Aerith's theme playing when Cloud and the player find that crystal is true, though. Cloud wonders "Is this magic?", but Echo tells him "This is the radiance of your planet. Your world isn't here -- the light of your homeworld still dwells in your memory. Even though you couldn't remember, you never lost sight of your homeworld."

[Note: What I've rendered "homeworld" is literally "birthplace."]

The player's character asks him "Do you want to regain the past?" -- to which Cloud responds "Not interested. What about your past? My present self belongs to me." The PC replies "From what I've learned, what there is of your present self doesn't remember the light of where you come from."

Cloud says "It is a gentle and ... warm light. If this planet contains such light, I think it would be a good homeworld to go back to." Echo then tells Cloud "You can't go back. And because you can't return to the past ..." She trails off. Cloud asks "... Is that the way it is?"

Echo goes on: "Your memories won't return if you proceed to the future, but the crystal will take you to a new world if you want it. You --" She breaks off her sentence and looks at the PC here as well as she says "Both of you can go to your Promised Land."

The PC replies "Me too?" Cloud asks him "What will you do? I'm going to hope in this crystal and take the journey." The PC responds "I defer to you. It's your crystal."

Echo then asks Cloud something like (I had trouble with this sentence) "Are you able to shake off the past without a layover if you've decided you're going?"

Cloud responds "I have no intention of going back into memories. I want to go to a world that's moving forward."

He then says, "Let's go" -- but the player character tells him he won't be going with him. Cloud asks him "What if it's better there?" The PC responds with "Or worse."

Cloud tells him "You have a negative attitude." The guy responds "You're one to talk, aren't you?"

That last bit is pretty funny, especially because earlier in the event, Cloud repeated the "I don't care what your names are" line from the beginning of FFVII after meeting the player and Echo. :monster:

Oh, and lastly, I never saw anything where Echo says something about a date. Maybe it's a condition-based thing that just didn't appear in either of the playthroughs I watched.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So, because we know such conversations will happen long before FFVIIR is released, I think there's bound to be some folks who view the above segment as romantic because of Aerith's theme playing -- and in fairness to them, while it may have been chosen simply because the tone is fitting for the scene, I also can't think of a time it played in the original game that didn't involve Aerith. So maybe it is referencing her.

On the other hand, there will also be folks who say that if the segment is meant to be in reference to Aerith at all, Cloud saying "I have no intention of going back into my memories. I want to go to a world that's moving forward" is hardly a good sign for romance there.

A fair point as well, but, honestly, I think the whole goal of that segment and that line in particular is to be a meta commentary on the remake, as well as what fans should expect from it. As they've been telling us in interviews, Kitase, Nomura, et. al. are going to make a new experience rather than simply rehash the original.

Last edited:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Excellent, thank you very much Tres!
:kittyhug:

Is this the one date thing?

https://twitter.com/xx_nekoya/status/677716195756408832

Also what does the description under the name for the Aerith costume say? :)

Yeah, I didn't think the costumes specifically themselves being called something like "One Time Date" made that much sense, since that could imply it was a one time only thing, when they have at least two potential dates, the park thing, and the Gold Saucer, and the date with someone at the Gold Saucer probably being the more well known of or prominent of FFVII lore, First time or first date or something might have made more sense to me.

It would also make more sense for it being something Echo said if the case, maybe she has a personality similar to Aerith's :huh:

I wonder if that's the thing you can put Echo in the Aerith costume while she says it?, that would be extra cute, although Echo is cute in the Christmas look already though, well the whole thing is just really cute overall in general really
:kittyhug:

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yes, there's the "one date" quote. I'll translate that in more detail (as well as the description of the Aerith costume) soon. About to fall asleep at the moment. :monster:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Speaking of dates...

Maybe it's only me, but after that monologue in the reveal trailer, I take all commentary/speeches in trailers regarding FFVII as a reference to the fact that there is a Remake. So, I took this "date" thing as something that SE has with their fans, like "we're making FFVIIR, it's a date, wait for us!". And Cloud being lost there and having his memories of his birthplace still in his head, except from a reference to his effed up mental condition regarding his birthplace (Nibleheim), I took it as "the fans still remember this shit and won't let go"... something like this, anyway. :geek:

Too much? :shifty:

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So, I forgot to come back and finish this. :monster:

Dialogue boxes from the "1 date" thing:
毎度 おとり役ありがとね
突破できたら ごほうびあげるよ
Echo: "Thanks for always doing decoy duty. When we get out of this, I'm going to give you a reward!"

何をくれるんだ?
Cloud: "What are you going to give me?"

私と1デート!
Echo: "1 date with me!"

……ほうびなのか それは
Cloud: "... That's a reward?"

And the description of the AerithEcho outfit:
みんなの記憶に生きる永遠のヒロインの装いです。

"Outfit of the heroine who lives forever in everyone's memory."

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I saw the gameplay of this on Youtube and it caught me by surprise. I hope they'll add the FFVII characters again for Kingdom Hearts 3 to promote FFVII remake(and also promote Square Enix to continue the Compilation of FFVII and yes, I know I've said this, but the Compilation ends in 2017 and I really don't want it be abandoned!)

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
As near as I can tell, the Aerith costume is just called "AerithEcho" (エアリスエコー):

mK78hKj.png

Above that, you have "Fairy Selection" (妖精選択), and "Fairy List" (妖精リスト) above all the thumbnails, so that suggests to me that the name we see there is the costume's name.

Meanwhile, the SOLDIER job is just called "SOLDIER 1st" (ソルジャー1st):
PgJQCol.jpg

What you heard about Aerith's theme playing when Cloud and the player find that crystal is true, though. Cloud wonders "Is this magic?", but Echo tells him "This is the radiance of your planet. Your world isn't here -- the light of your homeworld still dwells in your memory. Even though you couldn't remember, you never lost sight of your homeworld."

[Note: What I've rendered "homeworld" is literally "birthplace."]

The player's character asks him "Do you want to regain the past?" -- to which Cloud responds "Not interested. What about your past? My present self belongs to me." The PC replies "From what I've learned, what there is of your present self doesn't remember the light of where you come from."

Cloud says "It is a gentle and ... warm light. If this planet contains such light, I think it would be a good homeworld to go back to." Echo then tells Cloud "You can't go back. And because you can't return to the past ..." She trails off. Cloud asks "... Is that the way it is?"

Echo goes on: "Your memories won't return if you proceed to the future, but the crystal will take you to a new world if you want it. You --" She breaks off her sentence and looks at the PC here as well as she says "Both of you can go to your Promised Land."

The PC replies "Me too?" Cloud asks him "What will you do? I'm going to hope in this crystal and take the journey." The PC responds "I defer to you. It's your crystal."

Echo then asks Cloud something like (I had trouble with this sentence) "Are you able to shake off the past without a layover if you've decided you're going?"

Cloud responds "I have no intention of going back into memories. I want to go to a world that's moving forward."

He then says, "Let's go" -- but the player character tells him he won't be going with him. Cloud asks him "What if it's better there?" The PC responds with "Or worse."

Cloud tells him "You have a negative attitude." The guy responds "You're one to talk, aren't you?"

That last bit is pretty funny, especially because earlier in the event, Cloud repeated the "I don't care what your names are" line from the beginning of FFVII after meeting the player and Echo. :monster:

Oh, and lastly, I never saw anything where Echo says something about a date. Maybe it's a condition-based thing that just didn't appear in either of the playthroughs I watched.

Clerith is canon. The spinoff game has spoken. :monster:

SLFFVII

FFVII RP in Second Life
AKA
Floyd Gilmour
I didn't even know Mobius was a thing and now I am dying inside that it isnt in english.

Top Bottom