Movies that made you cry

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
That the one with Hugh Jackman in it and the chick from the mummy? Complete mindfuck imho.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Yeah thats the one.

Well, I got it :P

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
It confused the hell out of me as well, but I enjoyed being mindfuck'd by that film in particular. I had to see it about three times to understand it. Also, awesome images/CGI were awesome.

The first Pokémon movie made me cry.

No, it was not because of how much the movie sucked (I repressed that insight while watching it back then) but because a classmate of mine and her mother had just died in a horrible accident, and so watching the dramatic death/revival scene just made me cry so loud my mother came and comforted me. I was 11.
In retrospect the whole scene is stupid with its message 'tears bring people back to life'. ...WHAT?!

Other than that I can't recall any movie that made me cry considerably. Rewatching the ending of disney's Beauty and the Beast about a year ago made me teary, but no liquid was spilled.

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
[quote author=Cookie Monster link=topic=332.msg16580#msg16580 date=1234285159]
It confused the hell out of me as well, but I enjoyed being mindfuck'd by that film in particular. I had to see it about three times to understand it. Also, awesome images/CGI were awesome.
[/quote]

The part that got me in that film was when
after he realises since the tree is dead and he wont be able to get the sap that he will die. When he sees Izzy's vision again and he says "I'm going to die.", the happiness on his face when he says is just causes me to break down. Especially when she returns the smile and says "Together, we will live forever."

Yeah, that was a really powerful moment. The soundtrack just makes it even more spectacular. After watching this, I watched Requiem for a Dream again, so I was left feeling depressed for awhile. The ending to RfaD is one of those endings that gets to you a bit too much.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I very very rarely cry at a film, but Pursuit of Happyness got a few tears out of me. Seriously, coming from a very poor background, I could relate to this feeling of hopelessness, this feeling of "what's the fucking point?". The courage and resilency of the father is astonishing and Will did a great job protrayinig him.

Other than that...? I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm a rock when it comes to tear-jerkers. Just don't get to me all that often.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Stella link=topic=332.msg16400#msg16400 date=1234227769]
I Am Legend
[/quote]

Close one, but no :monster:.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
MY NAME IS DOCTOR ROBERT NEVILLE. I AM BROADCASTING ON ALL AM FREQUENCIES. I AM A SURVIVOR LIVING IN NEW YORK CITY. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
I didn't really give a damn about Neville. :monster: After Sam died, I just didn't care anymore.

When I was at the movie theater watching The Pursuit of Happyness, everyone was crying except me. I felt so out of place~

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
[quote author=Countess Ariadne link=topic=332.msg16732#msg16732 date=1234306694]
I didn't really give a damn about Neville. :monster: After Sam died, I just didn't care anymore.

When I was at the movie theater watching The Pursuit of Happyness, everyone was crying except me. I felt so out of place~
[/quote]

I didn't like that movie :(

Not because I thought it was sad, mind you. I just thought it was a bad movie.

Cryers: Moulin Rouge always because I am a sap. A Little Princess, BECAUSE ALL LITTLE GIRLS ARE PRINCESSES ;_; Grave of Fireflies - anyone with a heart should cry at that movie. Oh, and Old Yeller.

Bonaventura

Carpe Diem
AKA
G's Apple
I don't remember the last time I cried at a movie, but when I was young, ''Dragonheart'' and ''Terminator 2'' made me cry xDD

Thought ''Bicentennial Man'' still makes me sad kind of.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
WHEN I WAS
A young boy.

Ghost made me weep.

But Grave of Fireflies, Kenshin OVA and Mask of Phantasm DO make me cringe to this day.

haichinamie

Banned
I almost slit my wrists over Pocahontas: Journey to a New World because they totally fucked over the plot of the first one and the beautiful love that Smith and Pocahontas shared in favor of historical accuracy! OGM!

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Cryers: Moulin Rouge always because I am a sap. A Little Princess, BECAUSE ALL LITTLE GIRLS ARE PRINCESSES ;_;

DEFINITELY TEAR JERKERS! A little princess is so sappy, but I cry every time! I think I'm going to go watch it now. :monster:

I cried during P.S. I Love You, too. The ending was happy and everything, but her process in getting over the loss was sad.

Beeble

Pro Adventurer
The one that comes to mind at first is The Land Before Time. It's so sad when Littlefoots mum dies. I've got a hard time watching it to this day.

Other than that, there are loads of films that makes me at least want to cry.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Beeble's on the money with that one. The Land Before Time is so sad :( I can;t remember if I ever cried watching it but still.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think the movie I cried the most times during it, was the Sex and the City movie. Both happy and sad, but when Carrie just blows up in Big's face, I always break down. >;

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
For some reason, I'm having trouble remembering movies that I really cried at. I shed a few tears during Patch Adams, and the ending of Donnie Darko was a bit sad...Oh! I cried during a few episodes of Scrubs (even if they aren't movies!) I almost started crying at the end of And the Band Played On, Grave of the Fireflies, and Backdraft...And I actually felt really sad when the fireman in Ladder 49 stepped on those rats. The crushing of the bones and bodies was totally exhaggerated, but I couldn't get the image out of my mind...Other than that, the movie didn't have a real affect on me.

I remember, years ago, watching Rugrats in Paris during some school class (I guess the teacher decided that PG-13 was too risky for us or something). It was funny, though, because I had a sudden mood swing and almost started crying when I really thought deeply about Chuckie not having a mother and feeling that loneliness, feeling left out, issues that may come with watching your friends have a happy relationship with their mothers. It inspired a novel idea! Meanwhile, most of the other kids were off to the side playing volleyball with a wadded up piece of paper :monster:

Top Bottom