• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
For a minute, I thought Sasuke was acknowledging that Obito is not like Naruto (as an answer to what Obito and Kakashi were arguing about up to this point). But then he says "I won't let you be the one to kill Naruto, I will."

Oh well, whatever works at this point. He's still defending the base camp. :monster:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I always had faith Sasuke would go back to the good side for good, at some point. And now he's kinda there, I'm not sure he's staying...

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I think everyone's to the point of "if we don't defeat these guys, all the differences we have won't matter in the long run". They've got loads more to worry about whose side Sasuke is on.

And the Nindaime saying he developed fighting strategies for Edo Tensai is really creepy...

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Ch. 640 is out! http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/640/2

Uh-oh... I think this is the closest Sage of the Six Paths look-alike we've seen yet...

And I usually don't do fan-art for this series, but somebody did some awesome cyberpunk concept fan art...

Garra
gaara_by_james_face-d6any61.jpg

Nagato and Konan

nagato_and_konan_by_james_face-d6b1si8.jpg

Zabuza and Haku

zabuza_and_haku_by_james_face-d6c541m.jpg

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Shiiiiiit, son. That was a really intensely cool Chapter. I can't imagine how things're gonna pan out next week. The only oddity that feels strange to me is that it seems like Imperfect-Jubi Junchuriki Obito seems a little bit more like something I'd expect to see in Bleach, rather than Naruto due to how he forms the Bijudama into blades through his hands, and especially so with his latest appearance and the cloak being a part of him looking a little bit Zangetsu-like.

That being said, I do really like how he's the half-formed Sage with the one Sharingan, and the not totally restored Jubi in him and before that, the way he was spiraling out of control and growing a Bijudama-firing hand out of his face, and literally being torn to pieces by the intensity of it all was excellent. I'm still REALLY wondering what Kakashi's gonna do to get this all taken care of, because you KNOW he's gonna play a part in it at a critical moment. I have a feeling that despite the allegiances formed during the war, how this all plays out could breed inter-nation conflict again, once everyone sees the potential for controlling all that power.

Also - I expect the current Kages to be making an appearance soon.

X :neo:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Deviating a little bit from this week's chapter, which by the way was really interesting in a few ways, I'd like to ask you guys a question and see what you think.

You know how Kishimoto likes having important events in numbers such as X00 or X25, X50. When do you reckon the series is finishing? Somehow, I had the feeling it could be with 666, with his brother's manga having the number on the name and that. But as we get closer to the number, it's obvious it probably won't be the case. My bet is on 700.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I'm not even going to think about when the manga ends until the current war arc finishes... there's still way to many loose ends to make me think the manga will end in 60 chapters.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
One, it was nice to see a brief cutaway to Madara vs. Hashirama.

Two, at the same time, it was really cool seeing Shikamaru keeping everyone focused even though they're all way outmatched in terms of raw power, I can't wait to see how he manages to get the rest of the army to contribute to the battle when it's least expected. It's really pushing the idea of the bigger roles for the main characters in terms of what they'll be doing after the war.

Man, seeing Tobirama using Hirashin to just slam that shot back into Obito AND being visibly being portrayed as Minato's mentor in his techniques was pretty fucking awesome. I also love how dry he is when mocking the name of the 4th's really special technique, especially when they're doing the swap-out one.

It's interesting that Obito is using the black orbs at his back in a spherical defense, like Gaara's. The speed of the technique allowed Naturo & Sasuke's Enton/Futon Kagutsuchi Rasenshuriken to hit him without being blocked. I'm pretty excited to see how the intensity turns up once the other Kage get here.

And HOLY SHIT this chapter was awesome about having a gajillion 2-panel pages. The Mangapanda translation cuts a bunch of them into single pages which doesn't do the chapter justice. Mangastream continues to clean up the pages a little too heavily and I don't like their translations as much, but you NEED to go read it there this week just to see the VASTLY superior layout (plus, they always do translations for all the technique names): http://readms.com/read/naruto/641/2002/6

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Yondaime and Nidaime make a pretty kickass team~

also yes good, we finally get to see the other half of Kurama. It's a bit of a stretch, but maybe Minato's going to do a Heroic Sacrifice so that the two halves of Kurama reunites?

and aww, Naruto's full of pride for Minato. (and lol at Minato apologizing to Nidaime.) iFist pump for Naruto going into Sage mode also~

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Obito... you really should have known better then to insult a parent in front of his kid... especially when the kid has managed to surpass the parent in certain areas...

Ha ha, I like Naruto's solution to the "normal ninjutsu doesn't work" problem. Hey, the Bijuu aren't jutsu either...

And we finally get to see the other half of Kurama's chakra! :excited: Like how he/it doesn't sound that happy that Naruto figured out that the Bijuu are people too.

Love the what-if Obit gets Minato to think of. 'cause yeah, Naruto would have had an easier childhood if he wasn't a junchuriki, but he probably wouldn't be able to relate to anywhere near as many people as he has. And Kurama wouldn't have a good reason to be on his side which looks like it's going to be really important in the coming chapters...

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, several things here.

• Senjutsu vs. Ninjutsu is interesting as it's essentially "natural magic" vs. "artificial magic" makes it interesting for how his powers only directly nullify and counter the one source. I really like the idea that he can counteract Ninjutsu because the Sage essentially created Ninjutsu abilities, but Senjutsu is still effective because it existed even before he did, since it's natural energy.
• I'm wondering if Juugo will be involved at any point, since that's where his abilities stem from, and they could make him a really useful asset.
• That moment when you realize that Kabuto having Sage Mode was probably because he knew about this and made sure to obtain that capability as a contingency plan, so that at every stage of Madara's plan, he's still a legitimate threat to them if they attempted to turn against him.
• Additionally, since it's been established that the Toads & Snakes are both capable of teaching their human disciples Senjutsu, I'm curious whether or not Sasuke's next more will involve summoning a Snake, since he can't use Senjutsu on his own, but his experience with fighting Kabuto plus seeing the Toad/Naruto use those techniques should tip him off to that ability.
• Furthermore, I'm wondering if summoning contracts might end up being more utilized by some of the non-main / non-crazy elite characters as a way to contribute to this battle.

It's clear why Madara wants to engage Hashirama directly while he's at his peak, since Obito can straight out kill him, and he obviously wants to be the one to do that. His powers are now sufficiently non-Bleach-like which is nice, but it'll be interesting to see if he maintains his combat form as a sort of super-PTS-Gaara, or if he eventually starts to control some of the Six Paths abilities more like Nagato.

It's nice seeing how Naruto's scatterbrained yet observant attitude comes from his dad, and how much they think alike when viewing opponents that they identify with. It's interesting how much more you see of his parents in him the more we've gotten to interact with both of them. It's especially cool seeing Tobirama as a secondary mentor who can understand Naruto by comparing him to his dad, and being able to read them and coordinate attacks with them so well. The man would've been a HELL of a Hokage, and his radically different attitude makes me really curious about what his time in that role would have been like.

Lastly. OH MAN. KURAMA'S YIN SIDE.

I seriously can't wait to see how that pans out, because with the idea that he's mortal even as an Edo Tensei, it'll be really interesting to see how and when he plans on getting it to Naruto, and what the effect of that will be.

Tangentially related:

It'd be really interesting to see Naruto/Hinata & Sasuke/Sakura training together (for reasons other than pairing). Hinata's Doujutsu capabilities would be able to assist Naruto in controlling Kurama's Yin Chakra and balancing it, whereas Sakura would be able to assist Sasuke in recovering from the physically debilitating techniques that he uses.

Overall - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
What I really want to see is Kurama's interaction with the other half of his chakra... That's going to be interesting...

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I've never had a strongest "this is ending" feeling. And you know? It feels weird as Naruto's been going on for so long without really looking like it was going to end soon.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The mangapanda upload is the same one, since they're all about quick uploads. I'm thinking that if there're any translation oddities, we'll have ta wait for the Mangastream upload to find out. That'll also let us know as soon as the Japanese release is out.

That all being said, the chapter was cool. Madara holding off Hashirama still keeping that a stalemate has been an interesting tactic for letting the battle remain focused on Obito. I also like that his tactic was constructing a barrier to trap and kill everyone, that will damage other regions if the barrier is removed. It's tactically really smart.

I'm still convinced that Kakashi is somehow gonna pull of a trump card from his current position, but I'd love to know what Naruto's plan is. I'm pretty certain that however this turns out, his fathers birthday present for him is going to be the rest of Kurama's chakra, and it'll mark a really big turning point in the series and complete the "taking over for the previous generation" move that I've been speaking about a lot. I see this as building definitively to that point (probably reaching it at Chapter 50, or thereabout, since Kishimoto seems to plan out arcs like that).

I don't see it as "the end" so much though, but it is possible.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I do not specifically mean it's ending within 15 chapters. More like, we know it's heading towards the end and for me this chapter made it even clearer.

I mean, technically they could pull out something after the war, but the mood in this chapter was telling. They are heading towards the final conflict.

Top Bottom