• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Naruto: "Ultimate Ninja Storm" Series

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Awwwwww yiss. Finally I can play as Sakon. :monster:

Edit: Holy shit Tayuya looks awesome. Seems like she's a 'ranged' character as I expected, but the variety in her moveset is exciting!

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I really need to get back in and complete this. .___. I've been megatimes slacking. I think that I have a much harder time getting through heavily compartmentalized storylines like the timeline vs. when they had a more cohesive storyline experience.

X :neo:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
You really should. I actually much preferred the timeline way of showing the story. Give me an open world and I get distracted by collecting things and forget about the story. All tension gets lost. :doh:

With the timeline I get an experience similar to the anime, though with much better fight scenes. I'm seriously impressed how much they manage to improve and ramp up the excitement of boss battles in the game, compared to their anime/manga counterparts.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I think it's because I'm taking a break between each section that I'm not feeling a pull to get back in to it, because it's just like completing a bunch of vignettes. (Also, I'm always sad when it's just an inserted anime scene still, rather than using the game engine to portray the same events).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Beat it today. Later on it got really good, but the ending reminded me that I never beat the DLC Sage Kabuto boss fight in UNS3, so I decided to try it out aaaaaand noticed a couple things:

One: the combat is a lot smoother in 4, and the non-reliance on items and using them in advance to make fights winnable is really nice. I don't have the item set to make it through that fight once it gets to Itachi, so it's still all just nope nope nope nope nope nope nope forever for that fight.
Two: Every single cutscenes in that from the conversation to the minor things is just. SO. good. They make most of the UNS4 stuff just comparatively gut-wrenching in how unpolished they are. The final Chapter scene with Boruto in UNS4 is what the whole of the other cutscenes are like. There were just so many parts in 4 that I wish had been done all the way.

Either way, I'm leaving that boss fight in 3, since I'm not gonna grind items for it.

How are the DLC missions for UNS4, by the way?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@Joe: Have you played the DLC? I haven't broken out and messed around with this game for a bit and am curious what you think of it if you have.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yeah I played through it. Tbh I wouldn't pay the full price for it as is. The story is as short as you'd expect it to be and a lot of the running around, adventure mode stuff is off little interest to me. The set pieces in the story are pretty fantastic though.
The characters are all great. Naruto and Sasuke feel suitably godlike, even compared to their 'The Last' iterations.
Boruto has two new sets that are true to character, one with some interesting interactions with the jutsu device. Sarada is also pretty awesome. Mitsuki feels great but I feel like I wanted to see some of his abilities that don't get seen in the Boruto film. All of the kids' awakenings leave a lot to be desired.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Thanks! Looks like I'll hold off and keep playing XV until I have a way to grab this a little cheaper then.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I am conflicted. On the one hand I am like yes CyberConnect2 please bring out those games again because they were fantastic.

On the other I want them to make OTHER games. The world needs more GOOD anime fighting games. Srsly.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I am conflicted. On the one hand I am like yes CyberConnect2 please bring out those games again because they were fantastic.

On the other I want them to make OTHER games. The world needs more GOOD anime fighting games. Srsly.

One the other OTHER hand, they're also probably sinking a lot of work into helping with the FFVII Remake, so at least we're still getting some quality content from them in the mean time that doesn't take up too huge of an effort from them.

(Also, not-so-secretly hoping that Asura could be a DLC Character for Marvel Vs. Capcom ∞)

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I played around three battles in the road to boruto game then insantly removed the game from my xbox.
Even though it was free on gamepass I still feel like I was cheated.
Fighting was lackluster at best, movement was clunky and trying to lock on enemies while fighting was annoying asf.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series games are WAY more about the cinematic recreation of the series with combat that's fun but primarily visually analogous to the series. I wouldn't ever suggest checking it out as a fighting game, and if you're not going through the story mode of the game, you're missing out on the main thing that the games have to offer. The combat is most fun when it's being stitched together with the cinematic QTEs, and other moments placing you into the events of the series.

That being said, I'm looking forward to checking out the content update. It'll have been two weeks since the FFVII Remake came out by then, and it'll make for a nice second little thing to shift focus to for a bit.

X:neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
In a post-FighterZ world it's now really hard to go back to the CC's Storm games when ArcSys showed that you can have both the solid fighting game mechaniques and your over top cinematic presentation analogus to the show :monster:.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
As much as I love 2D fighters, ASW games in particular (Guilty Gear is probably my third favorite video game franchise behind Metal Gear and Final Fantasy), I really do enjoy the third person arena style gameplay of the Storm series when it comes to recreating the fights of Naruto, especially when there's also an RPG style adventure mode to tell the story.

I wasn't expecting CC2 to even come back to the brand, so it's nice to see a new port/DLC pack for Storm 4, even if it's nothing flashy. I can't help but be disappointed that they didn't at least redesign Momoshiki's transformation to match the manga version, but hopefully this means CC2 isn't done with the Naruto brand.

Top Bottom