New Mod Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost X

There's been some folk who have abstained, and likely a lot of apathy, like in real elections :monster:. I think we got a fairly representative portion. Those who haven't nominated or voted can't complain, eh :P.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I'm going to vote, I just haven't decided yet. :closedmonster:

sleazy%20realtor-thumb-252x251-270457.jpg

An undecided voter, you say?

Lex

Administrator
15 votes seems like a small turnout considering how many members are on the forum. Maybe adding a week will get votes from a more sizeable portion of active members.

To be honest, I don't consider it a small turnout. I'd maybe agree if only 5 people had voted, but we technically have more than 6000 members - I certainly don't expect all of them to vote XD. In terms of members who actively post, I'd consider 15 to be an OK amount. More would be great, absolutely. A few people have voted since I posted that, and I expect we'll get a few more before Saturday.

What's worth remembering aswell is that we would probably have more votes if it was just a straight-up poll, because that requires almost zero effort. The nice thing about this system is that the people who have voted have taken the time to think about it.

REMEMBER TO GET YOUR VOTES IN EVERYONE, ONE DAY LEFT!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm going to vote, I just haven't decided yet. :closedmonster:

An undecided voter, you say?

Tennyo, have I ever told you how pretty you look today? How your hair gleams like the sun and enchanting your eyes are? :awesomonster:

15 votes seems like a small turnout considering how many members are on the forum. Maybe adding a week will get votes from a more sizeable portion of active members.

To be honest, I don't consider it a small turnout. I'd maybe agree if only 5 people had voted, but we technically have more than 6000 members - I certainly don't expect all of them to vote XD.

15 voters might be small in comparison to how many -active- members we have. How many of the nommed have voted out of that 15?

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
It's not a great turnout, but given it's been 4 weeks since mod nominations started I'd have to assume anyone who hasn't voted (and isn't abstaining for their own reasons) ain't really bovverd.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
It's not a great turnout, but given it's been 4 weeks since mod nominations started I'd have to assume anyone who hasn't voted (and isn't abstaining for their own reasons) ain't really bovverd.

Pretty much this. I don't think adding another week to a month long event will change very much. Another point for context is this time around the Nominee list is also rather large compared to past years and I know a few Noms (myself included) chose to not vote.

So that could also be a contributing factor when you consider potentially 10 people out of the active user base may not feel comfy voting etc.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Er, I think Lex said voting was closed, but he's not around to ask so send us the votes anyway and then he can decide if we'll count them or not :monster:

Lex

Administrator
And the mods, too. If you subtract those votes, the remaining votes probably come to around half.

Less than half of the people nominated actually voted. Only two or three mods voted (I decided against it in the end, in the interest of fairness. Any other mods voted on day one).

Also, why would you subtract any of those votes? They're every bit as valid as anyone else's vote. We're all members.

In total, 18 people have voted. The results will be announced shortly after Octo has double checked my count.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I subtracted them for the purpose of estimating how many votes came from members not involved with the voting as more than simply a voter. It wasn't intended as mods and nominees not deserving a vote so much as figuring out how many of the votes weren't from mods and nominees. I was also basing the estimation on the 15 confirmed votes so far, since there was no way of knowing how many votes would be made in the little time remaining.

Lex

Administrator
Just so everyone isn't waiting with bated breath right now, Octo isn't online to double check the count so it'll probably be tomorrow. We might also be reopening voting for one day because the second and third positions are almost tied. If it remains so, we might have three new mods rather than two, but we'd rather avoid having too many staff members. Stay tuned <3

Lex

Administrator
Tres, we mods wouldn't be able to vote given that we can actually see the results right now. I was thinking more along the lines of chasing people up and asking them to cast a quick vote tomorrow to make it a bit more decisive?

If I could solve this problem with mod voting I could just hand pick the second mod spot right now by casting my own vote, but that wouldn't be very fair would it? XD

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
If you want those of us who haven't voted to do so we could, since we don't know what the situation would be. I'm among those that haven't voted -- and that's only because this past week was balls-to-the-walls busy, no disrespect to anyone. Either way I'm fine with what happens, for my part -- I like all the nominees -- but I could try.

Lex

Administrator
I think we could get a few last minute votes in if I put out an announcement and have everybody poke a few people :P.

I'll wait for staff consensus on the matter. If enough people agree within the next half hour or so we should just reopen voting - we'll be waiting until tomorrow for Octo anyway. Official word coming very shortly. If anyone who hasn't voted wants to send their votes in in the meantime, feel free.

Lex

Administrator
Right, voting is now re-opened until 10pm BST/ 5pm US Eastern Time tonight, Sunday 1st May. The votes will be counted by me and Octo and the results posted shortly thereafter. One last chance to get your vote in :monster:

I'll also put out an announcement, feel free to bug any TLS buddies that haven't voted yet and may be nagged to do otherwise <3

Yop's not listed as Yop in the membership list, so anyone who doesn't know his alternate usernames might be confused.

[He is Cthulhu, right?]

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^yeah he is.
Thanks for voting.

Moar votes please people :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom