New scan of Advent Children Complete at

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
New scan of Advent Children Complete at

After this terrible trailer... SQEX gave us a good news. Advent Children Complete will come with "On the Way to a Smile - Episode Denzel" as the misterious OVA. V Jump has confirmed it on a scan.

Source: FF7AC reunion

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Re: New scan of Advent Children Complete at

Posted in the front page FGJ! :monster:

I'm glad that the OVA is the "Case of Denzel", since there are so many interesting things in it, like the
Lifestream causing as much destruction to Midgar as Meteor itself, Denzel's relationship with Reeve's mother, Geostigma and how Denzel encounters Cloud.

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo

It's my favorite episode on On the Way to a Smile. I'm really glad that they made an OVA based on it...
Let's see if Madhouse will be back as the animation studio

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Cool. Although I kinda guess that this one will not come with an English dub OR subs.
Then again, having already read the story, I'll know what's going on there anyway. :P

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Take that, 'new movie set after DC' :monster:

Although I guess it was technically right, in a way :monster:

*Utter and extreme fanboyism emotions*
My descent into madness is now complete.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

That should be cool. Do we know anything about the running time?

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo

Nothing...
Personally I think it will be something like Last Order (in running time), but can't guarantee

curiousACfan

Pro Adventurer

Glad to see others are excited about this, because my reaction was "...Really? LAME."

It's nothing new. Just an animated version of a blah story we've all read a couple times. Still, if someone enjoys it, good for them. I'll give it a look to see if they added anything new, but I'm not expecting much.

I do hope Madhouse returns for the animating duties, though.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Well Last Order was just a blah animation of a story we already knew, with the added bonus of creating a continuity confusion.

I think them animating one of the OTWTAS stories that focus on one of the lesser known characters is a good thing. Especially a story that shows distinctly what the after effects of Meteorfall were. It's the first time we've *ever* seen what the world was like after FFVII.

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios

That's kind of cool. The CG shots of Cloud with Marlene are cute.

A

Great Old One

I'm loving the screenshots with Marlene and Cloud. It's cute.

Isabella

Your Mom

I'm a little disappointed, as I was hoping for something new, too.

That shot of Cloud and Marlene drew a fangirl-like squeak from me that was entirely horrifying to my ears.

Bonaventura

Carpe Diem
AKA
G's Apple

I HOPED for a prologue to the next game, but this is also okay xD

And that screenshot with Marlene and Cloud is very adorable.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=536.msg19057#msg19057 date=1234895313]
Well Last Order was just a blah animation of a story we already knew, with the added bonus of creating a continuity confusion.[/quote]

You know, I actually liked Last Order. It did screw with a few things, but I still thought it was dramatic. And Sephiroth vs. Zack was on the money too.

curiousACfan

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=536.msg19057#msg19057 date=1234895313]
Well Last Order was just a blah animation of a story we already knew, with the added bonus of creating a continuity confusion.[/quote]

Conundrum. The word you're looking for is conundrum.

Catastrophe would also work.

Anyway, Last Order was a cool idea to me at least, because it was an animation of a story that wasn't blah. How many of us had always wanted to see more focus on the incident in Nibelheim back in 2005?

Yeah, we're a little tired of it now -- scratch that, a lot tired of it now -- but at the time, it was cool.

I think them animating one of the OTWTAS stories that focus on one of the lesser known characters is a good thing. Especially a story that shows distinctly what the after effects of Meteorfall were. It's the first time we've *ever* seen what the world was like after FFVII.

Maybe it will be great. I thought Last Order would be and I was so wrong about that. Could be the opposite of my expectations this time too.

I just don't expect it. And I'll admit that it's in no small part because I don't have as much of an interest in seeing more of that story like I did in seeing more of the Nibelheim stuff.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Despite some continuity stuff, I liked Last Order. Seriously, I think it's awesome. The music, action and animation. Plus, it was the first time I was taken back to the world of FFVII again after the original game (as I downloaded LO as soon as possible but did not download AC).

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer

Not very excited about this OVA. I'll probably end up watching it, though...

I really liked Last Order. The only thing I didn't like about it was when Sephiroth actually jumped into the Lifestream.

(I'm still not sick of the Nibelheim incident... It was by far my favorite part of the game. I had a save point just for it. XD)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Last Order was ok.

I'll take it over some shitty story about a throwaway character like Denzel.

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW

Don't forget that Last Order ties in to Before Crisis; Seph jumps into the reactor in both LO and BC. Both are narrated by Turks (in BC's case, a playable Turk, in LO's case, Tseng narrates). If we had BC, we would've been able to see the parallels, but we didn't, so it seemed out of place.

The new OVA has a chance to be good. I don't like Denzel much, and how I doubt many people actually care about him. But maybe we'll get some cool scenes and Cloti moments to help settle the LTD.

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo

Well, my oppinion is similar to Makoeyes...
Even if Last Order pleases me (in terms of animation), I think Case of Denzel is something "fresh", something we have never seen, just read... it gives a new life to the romance. In my oppinion it will be a good one, I'm really looking foward to it, I hope SQEX fulfil my expectations.

(Please SQEX, pick up BONES as the animation studio)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

I actually really found myself liking LO. Sure, some things were different, but it was still well animated and a lot of fun to watch. Plus I really liked seeing the cast of FFVII drawn in such an anime style as what what portrayed. It makes me wish FFVII would be turned into an all-out anime series! :monster:

(which I know will never happen but still)

Also, what's BONES? Is it affiliated with Madhouse? I first I almost thought you guys were talking about the TV show. XD

Top Bottom