NEW TRAILER!!!!!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So they look like they did some Limit Breaks in the trailer (Yes I've watched it 3 times already). Also wait, is that not Barret's original voice actor? Maybe he just wasn't super excited or something, but he sounded different to me. Glad that Cloud is the same though.

Edit: Biggs looks hot.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
They seem to use the special attacks when the bar is filled red. but the limit bar is still empty. Perhaps if you chain successful attacks you get to use a special attack. Also when they perform the 'special attack' the attack icon changes colour

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If I didn't know better, I'd say that developing Final Fantasy XV sped up development for the Remake.

Midgar finally looks like a place you can explore and talk to people in (if that's the case, I can only imagine how big some of the in-game dungeon areas will be, like Nibelheim Mountains and Caverns).

The Battle System looks very much like FFXV's (if Duscae is any indication), though I don't know how character switching will work this time around, it should be fun.

Summons and other stuff shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Cutscenes will probably be arranged a little differently, as instead of having "partial control" over Cloud when he gets cornered by the Shinra Guards, they just had him get surrounded and quickly escape on the train in one big cutscene.

I'm pretty sure lots of fans will be in for more surprises and probably do a comparison video between the original game and this once it's fully out there.

The game will also probably be a lot more balanced compared to the original. Manipulate was probably one of the best Materia in the game, as I recall, and using that to train your allies in to using/abusing Limit Breaks was way too much fun, but probably wouldn't work in a game like this.

That said, Limit Breaks might be a bit more action oriented than before. I think that was Climhazzard we saw, but I could be wrong.

Splintered

unsavory tart
The menus always change over time. I think they did the same thing with FFXV and KH3, those are dummy menus just to place there.

I'm not to worried about most of the limitbreaks, they seem easy to implement. I'll be interested to see how they do Tifa's and Cait's. And someone (I think Kuja) mentioned something about summons in the other thread.

That'll be hard to put in real time fighting. :/

EDIT: Damnit Blade you have both ninjad and contradicted me, *fighting pose*

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Oh yes, and this is related but, I heard mention that Nomura might want to do remakes of Final Fantasy V and VI after this. It seems he specifically singled them out when mentioning them.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Nomura needs to get back to Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends with You. All things considered, VII is a long ways away. I'll be surprised if we get KHIII in 2017, and FFVII later than that.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I like that they don't seem to have Mr. T'd the shit out of Barret's voice in that trailer. Dunno if it'll be the same in the entire game, but I'll take what lack of stereotyping I can get :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Taking a break from my hiatus to pop back in so I can share my reaction with the world:

You can watch it here, no FB embedding.

Lost my shit.

Crisis Core esque battle system
Opening Bombing Mission remastered great
Materia system must be in place
Like most of that was in-engine.

So fucking good.

................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Barret's ballsack! When the remake was revealed, I mostly felt shock and numbness. But now upon seeing this trailer...I screamed out loud so much that the neighbours must think me in horrible pain. But these are shouts of joy that I didn't think I could feel anymore for Final Fantasy VII.

................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixel

The Pixie King
Glad they changed the newcomer line to newbie. I have faith in the localisation team just for doing that.

Cloud looks a bit weird though. Hair is too big or something, or he's too pale. Im not sure. Wedges VA can fuck off.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
It was a good time joining the google hangout group, even if I had no mic or cam. Not like you missed much tho, just Channy fangirling while bf hovered overhead spouting things like "nerds!" "I made that" and "I bet that stupid brown haired chick is in it" :monster:

To me, sounds like Biggs is voiced by Yuri Lownthal.. he plays a heavy hand in games and anime. I doubt they'd use Zack's VA/Rick Gomez elsewhere in the game... though it is early on that maybe the dots couldn't be connected. Who knows.

I like that they don't seem to have Mr. T'd the shit out of Barret's voice in that trailer. Dunno if it'll be the same in the entire game, but I'll take what lack of stereotyping I can get :monster:

I actually kinda miss Mr. T/AC Barret. He sounds too srs. :monster:

but in the end

Friends1.gif

The voices are awful, except for Barret's. Why is Barret wearing sunglasses? Who needs sunglasses in Midgar? (everybody knows Rude's are prescription sunglasses).
Sorry that sounded negative. I just wanted it to be perfect.
:hairflip:
Midgar is awesome!!!!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
No kidding, I've been checking the PlayStation store every five minutes since they announced the port was coming to PS4 today.

giphy.gif

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
...Yeah Wedge is kinda weird. I mean, sounds like your typical comic relief sidekick lackey (owait, is that a technical term known by people? :awesome: ) ... but could be better.

Top Bottom