• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[Nominations] 7 Best Moments From [Insert Character] In VII Remake

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
WARNING! PLEASE DO NOT VIEW THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T PHYSICALLY COMPLETED, OR VIEWED, THE ENTIRETY OF THE FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. SPOILERS WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE PRESENT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! BACK AWAY NOW!

Hey TLS community! It's really great to see everyone buzzing from finally getting to experience the VII Remake. We would like to put together a little video series detailing the community's favourite character moments from the game, as there are some absolutely cracking moments for everyone sprinkled throughout.

To keep this interesting, the videos and nominations will be split per main character. You have one week from now - Sunday 10th May at 2.30 pm GMT - to make your nominations, and we may then take those to the polls to determine the specific rankings (if required).

There will also be a separate 'Other' video if you would like to make various nominations for other characters like the Avalanche Trio, Red XIII or other NPCs. Basically, anyone else who may not have had 7 defining moments within the opening segment of the Remake. If we somehow reach 7 specific moments for a single character, then they may get their own video, lol.

So:

A) As a minimum, make a nomination for the best moment for each of these characters - Cloud, Barret, Tifa and Aerith (one moment for each)
B) Make as many additional nominations for any of the above characters as you like
C) If you want, make a nomination for any other character

----- ----- ----- -----

To kick things off, I'll offer my own nominations..

BEST MOMENT FROM CLOUD
The moment where Cloud In A Dress quickly cuts Tifa off, telling her that yes, he nailed it and to move on.

BEST MOMENT FROM BARRET
Barret smacking the ruins of Sector 7 with his fists after believing that he had lost everything. Perfect.

BEST MOMENT FROM AERITH
The permission to kill line to Cloud (followed by Cloud's 'denied') when meeting Leslie and his men at Don Corneo's mansion. That's the Aerith I love and remember.

BEST MOMENT FROM TIFA
Her resolution scene was incredibly touching.

Additional Nominations
Aerith saying that she isn't a damsel in distress in need of saving during the Church rooftop escape ... then proceeding to trip and almost fall. "Shit!" Lol. Oh, and when she says the line about Predators going after the stronger Prey, which is herself lol.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Best Moment for Barret:
Speech at the beginning of Chapter 2

Best Moment for Aerith:
Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven and making a deal with Tseng

Best Moment for Tifa:
Beginning of Chapter 14, scene with Cloud in the flower patch

Best Moment for Cloud:
Reaction to 3,000 gil handmassage scene

Additional Nominations:
Barret's reaction to Marlene saying her daddy told her never to talk to strangers
The Seventh Heaven scene with Aerith I think is also a best moment for Marlene

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Best Moment from Cloud:
Dancing with Rhodea. But I love all the Cloud moments during the entire Wall Market sequence.

Best Moment from Barret:
Scenes with Marlene.

Best Moment from Tifa:
Every Tifa scene is best. But yeah, her resolution scene stands out.

Best Moment from Aerith:
"Cloud, permission to kill."

Additional Nomination:

Caith Sith: You know which scene I'm talking about.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Best moment from Cloud
Mowing down those soldiers with the Hardy Daytona in the lobby of Shinra HQ

Best moment from Aerith
Using profanity when that ladder falls on the rooftops near the church. Maybe the fact that she seemed so sweet and innocent in the original game made this stand out.

Best moment from Tifa
Her dress when you pick the "sporty" option. This one reminds me of Chun-Li from Street Fighter.

Best moment from Barret
Climbing stairs at Shinra HQ. This one was a LOT funnier than the original.

Best moment from Jessie
Riding on the back of the motorcycle with Cloud, making her crush on him even more obvious

Best moment from Sephiroth
Killing President Shinra

Additional nomination
Aerith going all WWE on that Corneo thug with the chair

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
You already picked most of my tops from those characters, Claymore, so I would consider these my "second place" choices where applicable.

Cloud:
its a small moment, but when he says "This isn't over." after comforting Biggs in his final moments (as far as Cloud knows.) That's when Cloud becomes fully commited to the cause I think.

Barret:
The "I was wrong about you" scene with Cloud.

Tifa:
"Lessons from the ground floor."

Aerith:
Her "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. I thought it was very powerful.

Biggs:
The moment with the most impact was his "surprise he's alive" scene, but that's not really his moment. I found his "death" scene very moving.

Wedge:
When he builds up the courage to tell off the guards and helps people evacuate. Our boy was a hero!

Jessie:
Just, the whole bike minigame. The whole thing.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Barret: ch. 13 in sector 7 when he was calling out for the trio and Marlene

Tifa: When she comes back to save Cloud from falling off the top floor of Shinra HQ

Aerith: When she was talking talking with Marlene

Cloud: When he tail whips the Shinra grunts with the motorcycle

Red: the highway chase and he makes fun of Barret

Sephiroth: Killing Pres Shinra

The Trio: When they die!!!!!! haha jk

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
This sounds fun! A lot of good ideas so far too.

Barret: after Red XIII talks about Jenova and how Hojo has studied this alien for years, Barret says "I don't give a shit about any of that." Even in the face of extraterrestrial life, Barret still just hates Shinra (and is funny too).

Cloud: when he's facing off against Corneo's thugs in chapter 3, "Like I give a shit."

Tifa: the drink scene in chapter 3.

Aerith: the rooftop escape from the church.

Red XIII: The smile. That damned smile.

Edit: honourable mention for Tifa - when she and Cloud finish their first mission and she comes back and says "Now the slums should be safe!" while striking a pose. She usually isn't too goofy, so her acting like a dork in this scene was a nice touch.

Last edited:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Cloud: (to Wedge) "Really sorry about your a**." Also, when he picks up Jessie and carries her into the bar.

Barret: His breakdown after the plate collapse.

Tifa: Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt.

Aerith: "Cloud, permission to kill."

Jessie: Kissing Cloud and basically shutting down his brain for a few seconds. The entire bike ride, really. And her date invite.

Red XIII: Trying to smile, sassing Barret ("Says the 300 pound sack of it."), and how he introduced himself to Heidegger.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
BEST MOMENT FROM CLOUD
Him throwing his sword through the glass wall of the Shinra building when the party is escaping. Also his "Sorry about your ass" comment to Wedge.

BEST MOMENT FROM BARRET
Really liked his monologues in Chapter 16, like his "a good man is not without sin" while in the elevator and his "terrible but beautiful" speech about the view of Midgar while (Scarlet's Theme?) plays.

BEST MOMENT FROM AERITH
Her "let's make a deal" scene with Tseng and any scene that emphasized her familiarity/history with the Turks. Also her discovering something new about her sexuality when she see's Cloud is glammed up in his dress.

BEST MOMENT FROM TIFA
Her resolution scene goes without saying, but I also really loved her last minute save during Chapter 17. And sorta more indirectly, I really liked her relationship with Marle and the latter encouraging Cloud to actually be sincere and listen to her problems.

BEST MOMENT FROM RED XIII
His attempt to "smile" and any other moment that show's how he's still equivalent to being a teenager.

I think I can do this
HEIDEGGER
Trying to smile and only managing to look as if something has gone up his nose

SCARLET
Kneeing the news reporter in the balls

REEVE
Turning spinelessness into a fine art

HOJO
Psychologically torturing Aerith with descriptions of her mother's dissection

RUFUS
Literally every scene he's in

PRESIDENT SHINRA
That photo of him in the museum, spanner in hand, getting his hands dirty fixing something

PALMER
Chasing the Honeybee with a net and running out of breath

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
CLOUD
Trying to scare off Aerith when meeting her the first time by saying "so keep your distance"

AERITH
At Wall Market when asked to take a bet on head or tail
Sam: head or tail?
Cloud: no deal
Sam: not a gambler huh?
Aerith: Well I am!:troll: Tail!
and she fails:okay:

BARRET
Singing the FF battle theme randomly

TIFA
When she talks to Cloud in her room about going to town before you pick her dress
"Let's dress up and hit the town!" "Do you even have fancy clothes?"
That little dialogue is so... real. Their friendship becomes something super relatable. Love Tifa foreva!!!!!!!!! When will we ever see the crew hit the town together? Will we ever see it?:scared:

WEDGE
Taking care of his cats when the plate is about to fall

BIGGS
Putting his palm on Cloud's face before his "death", saying that Cloud and the orphans are much alike. Oh god ;_; He really cares about Cloud and at that moment I see him treating Cloud as a big brother ;_;

SEPHIROTH
When he gets staggered BY ME.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Don't forget you have until 2.30pm GMT this Sunday to get the last of your nominations in!

Here is a list of what we have so far...

BEST MOMENT FROM CLOUD
  • Cloud-In-A-Dress quickly cutting Tifa off - yes, he nailed it!
  • Reaction to expensive hand-massage session
  • That dance with Rhodea
  • Mowing down soldiers with Hardy Daytona in the Shinra HQ lobby
  • Comforting Biggs - "this isn't over"
  • Facing off against Corneo's thugs in chapter 3 "like I give a shit"
  • "Really sorry about your ass" line to Wedge
  • Throwing his sword through the glass wall to shatter it during the escape from Shinra HQ
  • Trying to scare Aerith at their first meeting "so keep your distance"

BEST FROM FROM BARRET
  • Barret's aftermath of the Sector 7 plate
  • Chapter 2 speech
  • Barret's reaction to Marlene remembering not to talk to strangers line to Cloud at Seventh Heaven
  • Climbing the Shinra HQ stairs
  • The "I was wrong about you scene" to Cloud
  • "They were supposed to return ... to us."
  • After the Jenova talk, Barret's "I don't give a shit about any of that" as he is focused on Shinra
  • Chapter 16 - his "a good man is not without sin" during the elevator ride and his "terrible but beautiful" speech about the view of Midgar
  • Singing the battle theme

BEST MOMENT FROM AERITH
  • Aerith's "permission to kill" line followed by Cloud's "denied" at the Don Corneo mansion
  • Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven / deal with Tseng
  • Aerith falling from the ladder - shit!
  • The predator and prey banter with Cloud
  • Going all WWE on the Corneo thug with the chair
  • The "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. Powerful
  • Gambling habbits with Chocobo Sam

BEST MOMENT FROM TIFA
  • Her resolution scene
  • The Chun-Li dress
  • The "lessons from the ground floor" during Sector 7 navigation / orientation
  • Comes back to save Cloud from falling from the top floor of Shinra HQ
  • The drink scene at the bar where she fells 'trapped'
  • "Now the slums should be safe!" goofy moment after her first mission with Cloud
  • Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt
  • Relationship with Marle
  • The talk in their room before you pick her dress. "do you even have fancy clothes" - felt like a real conversation between friends

BEST MOMENT FROM ... OTHER
  • Marlene - Seventh Heaven rescue via Aerith
  • Cait Sith - The one and only scene he is in!
  • Jessie - holding onto Cloud during the motorcycle segment
  • Jessie - kissing Cloud and causing his brain to shut down for a few seconds
  • Sephiroth - killing President Shinra
  • Biggs - his death scene
  • Wedge - When he confronts the guards to let people evacuate
  • Wedge - Supporting his cats during platefall
  • Red XIII - Making fun of Barret
  • Red XIII - his introduction to Heideggar
  • Red XIII - trying to smile
  • Heideggar - trying to smile
  • Scarlet - kneeing the news reporter in the balls
  • Reeve - turning spinelessness into a fine art
  • Hojo - psychologically torturing Aerith with descriptions of her mother's dissection
  • Rufus - every scene he is in
  • President Shinra - the museum!
  • President Shinra - dialogue with Avalanche at Mako Reactor 5
  • Palmer - chasing the Honeybee staff with a net

AKA
Alex
CLOUD: Blasting up in the Daytona to save the party while escaping the Shinra Building.

BARRET: "Wouldn't be the first time I spit in destiny's eye." That scene in Chapter 18. The character placement. The theme music swelling. That speech. One of a kind.

AERITH: Holding the flower out as her character theme plays. All this time later, it still gets me.

TIFA: The first time you control her in battle and see exactly how wild her combos can get.

RED: "Lab rat dog!"

MARLENE: The scene with Aerith in the bar. Her voice actor is going to go far if she can provide that kind of output at so young an age.

BIGGS: I'm tempted to say "all of his scenes" (seriously, whoever decided to model him after Charlie Sheen in Platoon is a genius), but his conversation with Cloud in the Pillar on the way up was so well-acted.

ROCHE: The second duel, with that theme music ("Ignition Flame"). "Let's push it past the redline," indeed.

WEDGE: The moment with the cats in the slums after completing Jessie's mission.

JESSIE: The kiss scene if you do well enough at the bike minigame.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
The nomination phase is now CLOSED!

Once again, thank you to everyone who nominated their favourite character moments within the Remake. We now ask you to uncover THE best character moment for each of our heroes!

The unknown journey is being battled here!

Top Bottom