Non-tag things

I'm pretty sure I've posted all of my non-tag stuff at FCF (and cropped them into tags in my thread here), but oh well; what I've got so far aren't really "serious" pieces, just me messing around, but I'm going to try to make some finished stuff over the summer, since I've certainly got enough free time now :monster: . Anyways:

25ps74n.png

35ltd9g.png

fp3sl5.png

And a doodle (don't know what I meant it to be exactly :monster:...) that I scanned in for tablet practice:

2wfoeuh.png

I've no idea how to go about coloring it; I'd give vectoring a try, but I have not the skills :( .

Last edited:

invisiblestories

Pro Adventurer
AKA
luxembourg, alice
Not sure if I saw these back on fcf, but I'm pretty sure I reblogged most of them on tumblr. :> Ohh, I think I never saw that 3rd one looks neat.

I agree with Tom, the last one looks promising. I really like it. Look for some inspiration on my tumblr if you want, I mean, I'm pretty sure I posted a few art blogs in which I turn to every time I need some inspiration. :>

Thanks, guys. I'll probably try to get some digital coloring practice in before I attempt to color the monster-thing.

I agree with Tom, the last one looks promising. I really like it. Look for some inspiration on my tumblr if you want, I mean, I'm pretty sure I posted a few art blogs in which I turn to every time I need some inspiration.

Cool :D ; I'll definitely check it out.

Another drawing-ish thing:

n4iedg.png

I might try to emphasize his horns or something, since it's kind of plain.

5yezkn.png

Some piranha plants; not very original, but they were fun to draw. It's pretty much done (aka I don't feel like working on it anymore), although I'm not sure if I should try to add detail to the spots or anything, or do something with the background.

I'm going to try to make more graphic design-y things next - I never intended this to be a drawing + digital coloring thread :monster:.

Shadow Spirit

Half-Alive
AKA
ShadyKun, Shadow, SS
Hehe, what tablet have you been using? I've just got a new Wacom Bamboo, but my brain still think I'm drawing with traditional media, and refuses to understand how a tablet works. =O

Good stuff. Hope you do merge both skills (drawing + PS) to make something completely made by you. =D

Hehe, what tablet have you been using? I've just got a new Wacom Bamboo, but my brain still think I'm drawing with traditional media, and refuses to understand how a tablet works. =O

I've got some kind of Wacom; I'm not sure of the specific type (Graphire, maybe?). I'm not too good with it - I have to work at a large resolution then resize to get my lines to look even sort of smooth. D:

Some more stuff:

65xxmf.png

2q9j8ur.png

^WIP-ish thing. I'm really stuck on what to do with the background. D:

2ezs5xw.png

^Texture practice more than anything.

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Very pretty and interesting work mate all your work seems so fresh and never gets boring.

*favorited*

Thanks for the comments ^_^ .

Another sketch sort of thing:

atnmft.png

(Yeah, very wonky anatomy - I didn't plan to draw past the lines under the mask, so he doesn't have a chin...) Sketchbook stuff never seems to scan well, especially not in pencil, but I tried. More stuff to follow.

Last edited:

cmXT

C00kay Munchsta
AKA
cmXT
fack gal, stop drawing so good :0 you should def do some big project in that drawing style, shit would be so cash

54etnd.png

Lightbeams are back :monster:. Probably'd look better against a lighter forum background. Used some textures from deviantart.

280ik49.jpg

Another sketchbook thing, with added digital circles; the scan was really bad, so the contrast is way adjusted, and I got lazy with the chalk. The mountain was done using a reference (from a brochure I had lying around).

you should def do some big project in that drawing style, shit would be so cash

Yeah, I'd like to do drawings that are more complete, but I don't really have that many traditional materials around. D: Though hopefully, if I can figure out how to better compensate for the scan quality, I can get get the sketches to mix better with digital stuff.

Last edited:

invisiblestories

Pro Adventurer
AKA
luxembourg, alice
http://i39.tinypic.com/atnmft.png

Nice. I love that bit of white on the top of the hair and the mask looks neat. I might steal that to sport sometime in the future. D:

http://i39.tinypic.com/54etnd.png

This looks good, nice concept and great use of those textures. Sorta makes me think about Zelda and Sword in the Stone as well.

I seriously don't even know how to give a proper comment on your stuff anymore. They look so beautiful on their own way. I really like where you're heading up. ;I

Thanks for the comments! :)

33l1evk.jpg

Somewhat WIP-ish - I've gotten suggestions about the bg that I've yet to implement.

o5e1kz.png

Yeah, originally a tag - just messing around with symmetry.

@DNA: About the wallpaper from the other thread, here's how it's coming along:
33m4uaq.jpg

(=/ It's not very original, and the bg's pretty plain atm but I can add more to it.) Let me know if it's alright so far or if you don't like it and want me to make a tag instead.

Top Bottom