Now just the official "Fuck Konami in general" thread #fuckonami

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
It´s ok to be salty with the publisher not supporting the proyect you were passionated about but he´s taking the salt way to far, move on from the past GDT, you´re better than this.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Jeeeezis. Just when you think that the ridiculousness has hit its apex, it just keeps going up.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
"You are unfairly sullying the reputation of our company."

Now, putting aside that they've done all the work on that front themselves, their choice of words implies that there is still a fair way to go about sullying their reputation, so I'd like to hear more about that.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Can we please just make this thread title "Fuck Konami" I still keep getting excited when I see it pop up :sadpanda:

Ghost X

I wonder if other Japanese corporations act this way. What if a big player of Nintendo or Capcom or whatever had creative differences, etc. Would these companies make life hell for their former employees too? :p.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
#fuckonami thread has been renamed. Also, the Kotaku article goes into pretty good detail about how uncommon all of this is.

X :neo:

Ghost X

It actually doesn't, which is why I and at least one commenter in the article itself asked the question. The article talks about how uncommon it is for a person to talk about a former employer. Kojima is being the abnormal one here :p. Not that I don't sympathise with him. If it is normal for Japanese corporations to act this way, it is crazy. Reminds me a little of how South Korean corporations have perhaps too much influence in South Korean society (which is saying something given how our own western governments are bought :p).

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I wonder if other Japanese corporations act this way. What if a big player of Nintendo or Capcom or whatever had creative differences, etc. Would these companies make life hell for their former employees too? :p.

Didn't Capcom like spite fuck the Megaman franchise after one of it's cocreators left the company?

This is only other thing off the top of my head that would come close.

Konami sure knows how to take the freaking cake though.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I will copy & paste this comment from /r/metalgearsolid

Just a heads up:

The actual Nikkei article appears to only be a general report and comparison with other similar companies. No definite source appears to be given (only anonymous) and a result neither the content nor any sources cited can be examined nor verified. As such, caution with interpreting the legitimacy of the linked article is advised.

Update: A lot of news sites seem to be parroting the same "report" made by Kotaku which stems from the same single unverified Nikkei source. As such, there is still uncertainty in the claims made.

Update: After a comparison, the Kotaku article is focused only on bits from the original source, and is not indicative of the full report as a general report and cross-company comparison.

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'm kinda convinced it's a generation gap issue. Although it's starting to be more common for people to break off and do their own thing, not too long ago you were expected to practically stay with the same company till retirement or death. That kinda explains Konami's pearl clutching about Kojima's rebellious attitude.

That also means that people who have been working for generations continue to call the shots long after they've probably completely lost touch with what the younger generations are actually like. So they rely too much on stats and focus grouping, and going where they smell money, rather than risking experimentation and growth.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
My take on those rumors:

lRNtJjV.gif

Top Bottom