(*Open Spoilers*) Hidden nods/winks to the Original Game

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Every time that Barret puts Marlene on his shoulder makes me think of the original character CG scenes.

Speaking of which – you don't really notice as much until the post-sector 7 pillar collapse scene when Barret holds Tifa's hand, but I love that the characters still have the incredibly cartoonish proportions that the original character designs had. It really speaks to how well the team nailed the look that it doesn't feel disconcerting when we see them 99.9% of the time, because they're all designed to feel realistic enough, and they exist in a world that's fantastic enough that those sorts of body shapes don't feel totally alien and wrong. It's also helped that those sorts of cartoonish proportions have a lot of other games, shows, and films that use those things, but this is one of the reasons that I'm glad that Remake didn't stick too close to "realism" in its portrayal

Seriously, this is the only scene where I finally thought about the game's exaggerated proportions:
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 5.03.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 5.04.04 PM.png

X :neo:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Speaking of which – you don't really notice as much until the post-sector 7 pillar collapse scene when Barret holds Tifa's hand, but I love that the characters still have the incredibly cartoonish proportions that the original character designs had.
Same here. But after watching this scene I came to think that in terms of real life Barret might be affected by acromegaly, hence enlarged hands and feet, deeper voice, thicker skin. I hope there are no complications though—they would make fighting incredibly challenging and painful.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Cait Sith grieving at the fall of the sector 7 plate.

That scene was amazing full stop, but to SEE Cait Sith just blew me away all that much more!

I loved every time there was an instance (poped up a few times) when we would have the victory fan fare and the team would do their "thing" and all be in a line when the battle would end..... THAT had me.

One of the final fights with Sephiroth was like the statue... but with different clothes.... well... clothes on for a starter.

IMG_2227.JPG

I loved the original elevator fight with the Hundred Gunner boss on the descent down Shinra Tower, there were a few nods there, that was freaking cool!!! Very nostalgic.

I thought the Rufus fight was well done also with him escaping hanging onto the side of the helicopter, I LOL'ed so loud!

Last edited:

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
Watching the opening cutscene when the little girl looks at the mako reactor gave me goosebumps. The reactor spits up some of the mako in the form of a million tiny particles that whisk away in the breeze. The screen cuts to a black background and some these tiny particles remain on the screen. It looks a lot like OG FF7 with the stars. Then it transitions right into the first shot of aerith in the alley. Thought it was brilliant.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Not sure if it counts but if you keep returning to Aerith's church at some point you will find some elders who have gone to pray and who are wondering where Aerith went. I thought this was a nice nod to the OG where if you return you can find some children playing in the church who wonder where the flower girl went :)
Going to check that on my next playthrough :D Nice catch ;)

Top Bottom