• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
it's not really the same as the original dissidia's. it's a world made so the warriors can have some peace rather than as a battleground, the characters all have their memories of their worlds and histories (or did they have that in dissidia? i can't remember now, i was thinking they couldn't clearly remember)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
They were beginning to regain their memories nearing the final battle against Chaos in the original Dissidia, and both Cloud and Kuja both, along with Sephiroth had most of their memories in it's prequel, I think.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
it's not really the same as the original dissidia's. it's a world made so the warriors can have some peace rather than as a battleground, the characters all have their memories of their worlds and histories (or did they have that in dissidia? i can't remember now, i was thinking they couldn't clearly remember)

Peace from fighting on their own worlds or peace after their craptastic Dissidia experiences with Chaos and Cosmos?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Peace from fighting on their own worlds or peace after their craptastic Dissidia experiences with Chaos and Cosmos?

I don't think it's related to the PSP games. It could be similiar to World of Final Fantasy, only without the chibi styles and without Lann and Reynn.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

the spiritus/materia one? although the way some of the characters speaks they seem to have just appeared in this world without knowing where they are or that they aren't in their own worlds (those fissures you have to close connect to different worlds so one of the reasons to deal with them is to prevent them damaging their home worlds as well)

they've started an event where you can get squall on your team, so i am wondering if some characters will be event-only or if they do appear in the regular story too (i have done two chapters out of an available five so far). but events seem to also give you 5 star equipment for the event character as a reward so even if you're not getting someone new it's still something useful

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Just as long as they don't add Snow into this game and that they'll add Reno in Dissidia Arcade or at least in this tame as he was added in Theatrhythm Curtain Call(as did Barret, Vincent, Yuffie, AC Tifa, AC Cloud and even CC Zack),I'd be so happy.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
there was a bit of a clearer illustration within the game

P9ORaBM.png

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
They already teased Snow when they revealed Vanille, so he's coming :P

I saw a shadow of Vincent too, but I'm not sure it's legit, it was just a chibi version of his FFVII art.

tumblr_okralugMSu1tf0rhyo1_400.jpg

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that was from that special anniversary site about ffvii collaborations with mobile games, so it's legit. tifa, cloud and yuffie are available in chapters one to five (the only ones available right now) so i am guess aerith and vincent are going to be added in either a future chapter or event

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Not really sure how I feel about each character only having three Brave attacks and one HP attack at most. I mean, from my limited ability to understand the Japanese streams I've seen so far.

Seems like it could get repetitive really damned fast.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
they don't necessarily have 3 brave and 1 hp attacks, it depends on the character. each one has one single-hit standard brave and hp attack, then two abilities (one from the start and one after levelling up their skill tree/straight line). those abilities are either brave attacks, hp attacks, or status related. tifa has a multi-hit brave ability (beat rush) and another ability which doubles her brave points. yuna has esuna to remove status ailments and an ability which raises a character's brave points by half their current number. tina's abilities give her an attack stat boost and changes her hp attack. rem has cure to restore character's hp and turn convert to give her turn to another character. vanilla has two brave ability which cast deprotect and dispel on the enemy. hope has shell and protect.

i don't know if they will be new abilities added later, currently the level cap is 50 (though levelling up doesn't teach new abilities) and the crystal activating skill thing has 50 (49?) levels. but the set up for equipping abilities is laid out in a way that would allow for more to be added in the future.

i think the number of characters (24~5 right now) makes up for the lack of individual variety.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
It'd be cool to finally see Vincent since his real last appearence was Dirge of Cerberus, not counting the musical Final Fantasy games.

I'd love to see Rinoa, Reno, Selphie and Serah in this game, though.

Gotta complain about Snow, however, because he's one of the most annoying guys I've ever seen.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
No, no word on that. Though everything else on mobile has made it out of Japan after at least 6 months, so I think we'll see it. I'm trying to post each weeks event so we can estimate who we'll get if we get an English release.

This weeks event is Eiko based:
C68BDRCXAAAeNEX.jpg
C6x5uQQV0AAVQnQ.jpg

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
It's all new.

Do they keep their memories this time? I saw a cutscene from the Eiko event where she had a heart symbol above her head when she met Zidane, I wasn't sure if they could remember their past this time or if it was a reference to the original scene.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
There was no new character last week, it was a boss battle with an ice giant I think. But this week we have Tidus. Just Lightning left and there will be all the main protaganists. Until they add Noctis. He'd probably appear in the main game first though.

Top Bottom