• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
There's going to be a live stream on Jan 31st, 9PM JST.

https://twitter.com/DFF_OperaOmnia/status/821557284899692544

I will inform you of new icons 行い I will do the official live broadcast from around 21 o'clock on January 31 (Tuesday) 🎉 its name will also announce the details of the "Dissidia FF Opera Omnia LIVE # 0 coming soon!" Program again However, there is information on 📅 delivery date, so do not miss it

So it looks like they will reveal the date a week on Tuesday.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Really looking forward to how this game turns out, especially it's more story than all of the previous Dissida games had been. Wonder how the walking-free world or whatever gameplay will be like, because so far we've seen cut-scenes and battle gameplays of this game so far.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Going by the tweets, the characters travel around in groups, similar to the previous games. The story is split into chapters as well.

Chapter 1 has:

Warrior of Light
Cloud
Tifa
Vivi
Hope
Sazh
Y'shtola
Rem

Chapter 2:
Cecil
Zidane
Vaan
Yda

Chapter 3:
Edge
Bartz
Yuffie
Yuna
King

Chapter 4:

Onion Knight
Yang
Terra
Penelo

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
It'll be available from tomorrow, February 1st. Still japan only though.

Aerith also just revealed
C3fSf5GUYAA_KCR.jpg:large

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
fuuuuck i don't know if my phone will have space for this and i can't afford a new one right now

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
At the moment, yes. There's a chance she could appear in the arcade version since she was in 012. Probably a small chance though, since she was assist only.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Don't know why they couldn't think of what to do with a staff wielder for a fighting game. Just study Kilik and Seong Mina from the "Soul Calibur" series.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Derp. I wrote "The announcement of the 1st of February as the Japanese launch date for Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia" here without realising that it's already the 1st of February (here, and in Japan). Edited now. :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
They announced it on the 31st of January which was yesterday both in Japan and here in Australia, so today is the 1st already.

I was actually expecting this game to be released in Japan in March this year, so this is a nice reveal, and with Aerith being there as a full character, for once. Now if only they could bring up Reno like how he appeared in Final Fantasy: Curtain Calls.

It'll never happen, but hey, one can dream.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Don't know why they couldn't think of what to do with a staff wielder for a fighting game. Just study Kilik and Seong Mina from the "Soul Calibur" series.

This. I don't like this insistence lately that Aerith is a dainty flower who can't fight. She can fight, and is pretty feisty about it, too.

This is one thing that I worry about for the remake. I'm afraid they'll lose her personality. :(

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA

This. I don't like this insistence lately that Aerith is a dainty flower who can't fight. She can fight, and is pretty feisty about it, too.

This is one thing that I worry about for the remake. I'm afraid they'll lose her personality. :(

Yeah, don't mess with Aerith, especially with her personality or temper.

But yeah, losing her personality in the remake is another worry for me. My first is making Reno look too old and/or worse, older than Cid. I love Reno post-original game and pre-remake. In other words, in Advent Children/Complete and Crisis Core.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Cid's only 32 during the original game, though, and Reno was considered a senior Turk at least as far back as seven years before the original game. It's entirely plausible that they're around the same age.

Reno could even be older, though he does look younger in Advent Children.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Cid's only 32 during the original game, though, and Reno was considered a senior Turk at least as far back as seven years before the original game. It's entirely plausible that they're around the same age.

Reno could even be older, though he does look younger in Advent Children.

Well, just because Reno's ranking is that of Second in Command doesn't entirely mean he's the same age as Cid or even older. Plus, we have to remember that the graphics of models in the battle scenes were an entirely new thing back in the 1990's, especially since FFVII is the first game to have 3D models.

Reno does look younger in Advent Children, and don't forget Crisis Core, especially the only FMV scene in the helicopter in the near ending of the latter. I hope they still keep him looking young, because as far as ShinRa goes, they hire teenagers to work for the company.

Cissnei's about Cloud's age since she's the youngest to have joined the Turks, and both Zack and Cloud joined ShinRa when they were just both teenagers. Who's to say that Reno didn't end up joining in his mid-late teens as well?

But that's my opinion that I'm gonna stick with, since a lot of people outside of this site(okay, Kion(AKA :Dasha) has Reno aged 26 in the fanfic story "Taking Care of Reno" during the events of the original game).

Not only that, Reno's hair was short in both Before Crisis and Crisis Core, except in the latter's ending that it was long, just like in the Original game and in Advent Children, so it's clear that he just let it grow.

Plus, I don't treat characters as just, well, just animation, I respect and see them as their own people in their universe as I do with real people in reality.

Anyway, I do hope Opera Ominia Dissidia will be released overseas. It looks like a fun game to play.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Cissnei's about Cloud's age since she's the youngest to have joined the Turks, and both Zack and Cloud joined ShinRa when they were just both teenagers. Who's to say that Reno didn't end up joining in his mid-late teens as well?

Nothing, Reno probably (though not certainly) did join the Turks when he was in his mid-late teens. When that event was in relation to everything else is what's uncertain. Reno is the third in command of the Turks before Before Crisis even begins. He's not a senior Turk, like Zack can be a SOLDIER First Class at a young age. There's nothing above him other Tseng and Veldt and not, unlike Zack, for a shortage of options. As such, he's probably been there for a while to earn the reputation he has.

I can see 26 but 33 is entirely reasonable as well. Cid's the one that's unreasonably young. All the same, the danger that they will make Reno look old instead of all bishi like Advent Children is pretty slim.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA

Nothing, Reno probably (though not certainly) did join the Turks when he was in his mid-late teens. When that event was in relation to everything else is what's uncertain. Reno is the third in command of the Turks before Before Crisis even begins. He's not a senior Turk, like Zack can be a SOLDIER First Class at a young age. There's nothing above him other Tseng and Veldt and not, unlike Zack, for a shortage of options. As such, he's probably been there for a while to earn the reputation he has.

I can see 26 but 33 is entirely reasonable as well. Cid's the one that's unreasonably young. All the same, the danger that they will make Reno look old instead of all bishi like Advent Children is pretty slim.

I'd like to think Reno is 26 in Advent Children while 24 in the original game, and I hope you're right about them not making him look old in the Remake.

Plus, when it comes to ShinRa, age doesn't matter to them. Look at Shelke for example. She was only nine when they took her due to her SND ability and took her to Deepground.

Anyway, we're getting off topic here. Let's continue talking about the Dissidia Opera Omnia game.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'd like to think Reno is 26 in Advent Children while 24 in the original game, and I hope you're right about them not making him look old in the Remake.

Plus, when it comes to ShinRa, age doesn't matter to them. Look at Shelke for example. She was only nine when they took her due to her SND ability and took her to Deepground.

For her SND ability (Reno possess no equivalent unique ability) and they don't trust the child with anything beyond that. Azul outright said her position as a Tsviet was a joke. And anyway, the SOLDIERs, Zack and Shelke included, are genetically unhanced. Reno is just a normal man. Zack, needed as much a three years to get the position he did, starting at 14 and even he only got there through the removal of other SOLDIER First Classes and great desertion other Seconds. Reno is already third in command of the Turks when Zack is just Angeal's project, before any great departure from the Turk ranks take place.

Cissnei remarked on her youth because the subject came up. She's not much younger then Zack is in CC but her already being a Turk at all is noteworthy to someone that has met Reno, Rude and Tseng.
There's no way Reno is just one year older then Zack.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA

For her SND ability (Reno possess no equivalent unique ability) and they don't trust the child with anything beyond that. Azul outright said her position as a Tsviet was a joke. And anyway, the SOLDIERs, Zack and Shelke included, are genetically unhanced. Reno is just a normal man. Zack, needed as much a three years to get the position he did, starting at 14 and even he only got there through the removal of other SOLDIER First Classes and great desertion other Seconds. Reno is already third in command of the Turks when Zack is just Angeal's project, before any great departure from the Turk ranks take place.

Cissnei remarked on her youth because the subject came up. She's not much younger then Zack is in CC but her already being a Turk at all is noteworthy to someone that has met Reno, Rude and Tseng.
There's no way Reno is just one year older then Zack.

It's not my fault ShinRa is totally nuts, and I'm saying that there's no way Reno is older than Tseng who can't be older than Cid(even though I think Tseng is close to being 29 in the original game since has been a Turk a little over ten years, even before Crisis Core), and I seriously don't like the idea of Reno being older than Rude. I prefer it to be the other way around, and Reno calls Zack 'Slick', not 'Kid'.

Besides, age doesn't count in ShinRa. Only the skills matter, especially when it comes to teenagers and Reno might've been lucky and maybe was hired at some point as a teenager.

Plus, it wasn't really confirmed if he was Third in Command or not.

Anyway, we are getting off topic again. Do think there's a chance we can get Opera Omina Dissidia overseas, or will this be another game that won't have an intenational release like Before Crisis, Agito and G-Bike?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
It's not my fault ShinRa is totally nuts, and I'm saying that there's no way Reno is older than Tseng who can't be older than Cid(even though I think Tseng is close to being 29 in the original game since has been a Turk a little over ten years, even before Crisis Core), and I seriously don't like the idea of Reno being older than Rude. I prefer it to be the other way around, and Reno calls Zack 'Slick', not 'Kid'.

Besides, age doesn't count in ShinRa. Only the skills matter, especially when it comes to teenagers and Reno might've been lucky and maybe was hired at some point as a teenager.

There's nothing stopping Tseng or Rude from being older then Cid either. They can all be in their 40s and it would not conflict with anything.

I'm not saying they HAVE to be, but they can be. Just as, if not more easily then they can be young. Reno not calling Zack kid is not what is problematic with him being more then a year older.

And again, age is disregarded for their scientific experiments. also nepotism got Rufus a significant position at a relatively young age.

Other then that, Shinra employs adults mostly. The scientists are all adults, the board of directors are all adults, Vincent was an adult. Cissnei being a Turk at 15-17ish was something worthy of note, prompting a statement she is the youngest Turk ever. Tseng being a Turk when Aerith was a child given his romantic interests I get warrants the idea he started early too, back then. Reno getting there young too doesn't conflict with anything, nor is there anything to imply or neccesitate it. Him getting that young start around the same time Zack likewise did is a baseless assumption. There IS plenty to imply he and Rude had already been with the Turks a while already.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so, this game, huh???

i started it today, it's not bad so far. i like the dissidia brave/hp battle system being translated into turn based rpg form

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
it takes place in a world that was created as somewhere the warriors summoned by spiritus and materia could get respite from fighting, but space-time distortions appear in this world and starts bringing in monsters and would eventually destroy this world. so the crystal summons a moogle who is tasked with finding warriors to seal those distortions.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
it takes place in a world that was created as somewhere the warriors summoned by spiritus and materia could get respite from fighting, but space-time distortions appear in this world and starts bringing in monsters and would eventually destroy this world. so the crystal summons a moogle who is tasked with finding warriors to seal those distortions.

Slight Deja Vu' with the first Dissidia much? Sounds fun, though. Wonder if Spiritus has anything to do wtih the distortions? Especially since he replaces Chaos while Materia replaces Cosmos.

Top Bottom