• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Lunafreya is up and she's the next major hyped up unit, so I went for her had really good luck with her kit and I have a fair bit of content now to catch up with as I've been sick the last 2 weeks so good to have stuff to do for a bit now!

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I was lucky and managed to max out her kit chasing the BT. I have just enough resources for Tifa and Rinoa, then I'll save gems for Aerith's BT.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Paine BT/FR (FR partner is Dark Knight Cecil)
Balthier BT(already has his FR in JP and will be coming to global soon, partner is Cid Highwind)
Lann and Reynn FR (Yuri is their partner)

Are all coming up in JP soon.

I'm gonna be so broke for gems when they arrive in Global!!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So I have been VERY quiet on this thread as of late, not because I'm not playing, I pulled Rydia FR recently and within a very short amount of pulls and did a dance becauae my luck had been absolutely horrendous as of late and then squealed when they announced Rosa was getting her BT/FR on the JP side of things and lost my shit when I saw they were adding her TAY costume so that'll be my wallet emptied when she comes to global.

Kain is also still my main team member, that guy is lethal and Tifa she's probably the stupidest damage dealer they released with BT alone, never mind doing FR damage.

I will probably have a lot of thoughts on the 5th anniversary when it comes to it.

The story ingame I have immensely enjoyed especially the finale (I'm still wishing they'd give the FF7 cast their full memories back though!)

But the FR era I'm struggling to comment on really because it's really just about inflating numbers, I can't say I've really like this era in terms of how insane the HP of bosses and how much its basically fire damage at them and thats it for FRs. I have some FRs I do like to use, Yuna and Lunafreya are good for pushing quickly, Tifa is self sufficient for hers as well and pulls nutty damage and Kain well hes a favourite he'll never leave my team and I really like using Vaan.

Fusoya is coming up soon so that's something to look forward to.

Machina I went all out for during his BT so I'm FRing him too.

So yeah, I guess my next post will be over the anniversary stream although I don't think any global first will top Garnet's BT global first announcement (unless they announce Rikku or Red XIII) that girl didn't leave my party until Lunafreya came to global and lucked in on her and that was only because Garnet didn't have an FR once she gets hers in global she'll go straight back on the main team.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Its almost time til 5th anni.

I've heard a few rumours here and there about the global first announcement.

I've heard its an existing character getting a BT & FR that's supposedly been datamined doesn't seem as fully confirmed compared to Garnet's datamine last year though, I'm not sure how I feel about the character in question if its true, mostly due to I've never really used them and they're not a favourite but that's fine because not every character can be a favourite and I know there'llbe others incredibly hyped so its kinda fun seeing other peoples excitement. The global firsts tend to be busted at any rate so its going to be worth a pull no matter who it is.

I like a mix of favourites and Meta to play with and as I got very lucky with only 45K spending for Fusoya I'm quite happy to invest in whoever it turns out to be Learning new kits is fun so if its not a favourite or someone I use very regulary I'll get the benefit of learning their kit as well and experimenting with them in my team composition.

I look forward to seeing what we get!

Edit: unlike last year when I lost my shit with excitment and did a lot of posting and updates throught the stream I'm sick at the mo so watching the stream first then will do a post of thoughts after.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Woowwwwww, wooooww I actually sat up in my bed and had to hold my yell in because Penelo!!!

Ok the dataminers were completely wrong which is hilarious ( they were saying its Yda) and I completely missed those hints when it all made perfect sense especially as I'm replaying XII right now! should have cottoned on! but oh my fucking god Penelo!!! I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING this beats my Garnet Hype hands down!

Shes busted like stupid busted her rework, FR and BT made my jaw drop at how stupid good she is and she's already an extremely fast FR charger, rhey love making globa firsts ridiculous!

They've introduced her A2 costume so immediately buying that, her theme is her BT they put Edward as her FR partner which is sooo damn perfect and well I thought nothing would top Garnet's but they completely proved me wrong! I'm currently replaying XII and thus has just pumped me right up I have Penelo maxed already, tokens at the ready for the BT so only need to gem the FR.

Can we also talk about the 535 free pulls???

Also Dare 2 Defy I am so glad they took the feedback on board about defeating Shinryu in one! And with so many FR characters now this is going to be so much less tedious!

Crevasse I'm excited for.

Jessie is a skip, DKC incoming and Ashe income so they're the focus.

Also I spied a Laguna rework in there now thats very interesting and exciting because I went all in for Laguna he still holds up well in content!

The frying pan extra skin was gold. I'm tempted.

Brb off to go see reddit lose their shit both good and bad! My night has been made I'm so sick right now and this is just a nice little boost.

EDIT: I was right, reddit seems to be quite salty although some like me are super pleased, also irked at the amount of people calling her and Vaan useless/pointless characters in XII, shows who does and doesn't understand their roles or XII's story.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@Ite the saltiness over at reddit is quite funny.

I've big love for 12 and its story, wasn't on board with it when it first came out I'm so glad in later years I picked it up and gave it a second chance because I appreciate the story far more than I ever did back when I was a teenager.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So!

Penelo's FR was a pity however I also got her BT on the way as well as Y'shtola which I didn't have either and 2 Ardyn dupes so I would say that was worth the pity!

The 50+1 Cloud's BT was the guaranteed BT which I already have, everything else bar 1 LD, (Cait Sith's) were dupes so it was nice to get something new and happy for the sheer amount of free powerstones I got!

Time to go to work but I'll have a play around later when I finish.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I managed to get 2 Penelo FRs and Ardyn FRs on the free pulls, but both I’ve never seen Ardyn’s LD. I end up giving up every time he appears.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@ultima espio There's still a chance you might pull the LD on the free ongoing daily multi, fingers crossed!

I did a couple of Lufenia crevasse stages used Penelo on the last one with the 7 or more buffs orb, girl pretty much one shotted once I charged her, and FRd her, I used Luna's LD call to get a couple of extra turns then wiped them out. She can reach 999% with a couple of turns to spare.

I plan to do a few Shinryus I've been skipping to see how she actually does there later and maybe attempt a few Shinryu Crevasse stages but so far yeah shes she's absolutely worth the pull. Also with the incoming Echo Era worth noting Penelo will not fall off here because of how much her FR increase gives.

Attempting D2D properly this time now that theres a wide range of FRs to use.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
After the absolute disaster of Ashe's banner where after close to 1K tickets her FR still refused to drop (Rinoas dropped freaking SEVEN times! Wtf is up with the rated on that banner) DKC was kind and dropped both BT and FR in 50K. I'm not even going to attempt anymore resources on Ashe at this point, because I now need to save for Rubicante.

Top Bottom