Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Been a while since I posted but still playing daily and enjoying.

Just wanted to pop in how happy I am Kain got a much needed rework from his FR, gone from the weakest FR to now a much more set standard for the era, he was still always an excellent damage dealer in conjuction with using double jump with other FRs in use but using his own FR was always an issue because the increase was so poor.

Currently my roster is to the point where I can be picky about who I want to use for content and I can mainly focus on maxing favourites so FFIV and FFIX characters rather than pulling for meta characters which is probably a relief because the FE50 era is a big drain on force stones. I will say once Angeal comes to global he's instant pull and max out though partially as a favourite and partially because he's on par with Astos for damage (still the top and most ridiculous damage dealer in global)

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems

Oh man am I gutted everything recently the speedups which so many players thought was a server merger and its EoS. I'm just sad I won't get a chance to play as Angeal or FR P. Cecil or any of that. OO is one of the most generous and F2P friendly games out there and was such an amazing continuation of the dissidia games, sadly at the same time that generosity probably shot it in the foot in terms of revenue.

I really hope they do an offline version release of the story but I do not regret a single penny I spent on this game and I have had the most fun. I'll stick it out until the very end though.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Square just absolutely decimating their mobile games division. And before Global got to play so much. Wow.

Something must've finally shook them regarding this. Which is wild because with this game ending, the Dissidia brand is officially dead.

One has to wonder what S-E is chasing or hoping for with this continual boom-bust of their mobile games. At this rate only Brave Exivus and XV's shitty spinoff will be left.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
And they're still not learning with how many complaints I've heard about EC so far I dropped that one after a month.

Hard to believe its the end of dissidia without a foregone conclusion of the story and what was a very enjoyable era.

The FR era and the insane power creep it provided I think meant the balance went out the window, pulling for everyone to complete content wasn't a must anymore (said it myself a few days ago that my roster didn't need any more metas and I coild be picky) and that hit revenue hard. Merging the two servers wouldn't have saved it in the end only prolongued the ineveitable a little more.

Edit: Uploads of the end of the story will be happening on youtube so I guess thats something, will be able to watch the end of the story.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So the news ingame essentially consists of all gems sales now suspended, compensation for current active mog pass holders in the form of skip tickets and EP,

Heres unlimited resources to awaken your characters with the new coop event and here's a daily free multi draw every day until EOS and crystals weekly points increased until then too.

Oh we're also gonna give you sone costume tokens and increase cactuar tokens from the daily hunt etc and a final 50+1 draw for the anniversary.

Basically do whatever you want until game ends.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
This came out of nowhere, it’s not as if it was doing badly. Really disappointing considering they managed to keep it fresh and engaging for so long, it’ll be 6 years for us when it closes. Record Keeper got stale after 3.

No Red XIII, no Rikku, no Biggs or Wedge. So much we could have had.

Interesting that it’s both GL and JP. Perhaps they aren’t working with Team Ninja anymore? Or they are focusing on EC and Missing link.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Its sales lately hadn't been doing well on either side for about the last year, was one of the worser performing SE mobile titles. I always thought maybe another year max before EoS happened.

Well they have a gem shop exchange for ingots, cores etc at cheap prices and I have 200K gems to use up so I'm gonna max out every BT I own and every armour now and I will be blasting through my 800 remaining tickets on all those series banners

Also spent my last 50 BT tokens on the one BT that eluded me everytime I went for it over the years, Bartz.

Got nothing to lose and I intend to go full on to the end now.

Redfang

Rookie Adventurer
Aaaaaauuuuugggghhhhhh!!!! I feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy pulls the football away... flat on my back with a concussion. I’ve been waiting for Angeal since I started playing…now I’ll never get to play him and his story.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I Feel the same way and about Amarant since they got announced. Both of them had been in datamine hell since year 1 and it gave me so much hope when they finally emerged.

Really sad I won't get to pull for P.Cecil FR but at least I got my Kain update.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Even though I essentially quit near the end of the LUFENIA era, I won't admit that I feel very sad to see it go. I played it a lot back in the day, and I loved watching its scenes. OO also had a pretty large, active community and I can't help but feel sorta pissed at the fact that S-E gives zero fucks to acknowledge that long term passion and investment their fans have given this by simply....letting an offline version of it exist.

Something that'd let you watch all the event scenes, battle the simple offline story mobs, or just... Anything.

It blows my mind SE couldn't even allow that, especially since they did the same for KH Union X and other companies have managed such mobile titles after discontinuation.

It just strikes me as so lacking in consideration of their fans. Like, they can't even give one little thing back?

It really pisses me off. It's so shitty.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Even though I essentially quit near the end of the LUFENIA era, I won't admit that I feel very sad to see it go. I played it a lot back in the day, and I loved watching its scenes. OO also had a pretty large, active community and I can't help but feel sorta pissed at the fact that S-E gives zero fucks to acknowledge that long term passion and investment their fans have given this by simply....letting an offline version of it exist.

Something that'd let you watch all the event scenes, battle the simple offline story mobs, or just... Anything.

It blows my mind SE couldn't even allow that, especially since they did the same for KH Union X and other companies have managed such mobile titles after discontinuation.

It just strikes me as so lacking in consideration of their fans. Like, they can't even give one little thing back?

It really pisses me off. It's so shitty.

I believe they are putting the stories onto youtube or at least how it ends as global won't get the last story chapters, lost chapters and Intersecting wills that JP got, so maybe they'll put the whole thing up... they are also finishing Act 4 in JP as well so at least there'll be an end to the story.

I imagine theres players ripping out all out the custscenes from theatre ingame section as we speak to put online

So many players I've seen already are asking for an offline version I don't understand why they won't do that when KHUX got it.

I still sorta can't believe its coming to an end in 3 months.

Reactions: Ite

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
DFFOO gave me years of enjoyment, which I suppose would place it in my Top 10 all time Final Fantasies haha. It’s definitely the best gacha game I’ve ever played, to the point where it hurts to even call it one.

RIP.

Omnislash1993

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Omnislash1993
Dude I’ve been playing DFFOO for awhile and I cannot get my summons to level 50 does anyone have any tips?

Top Bottom