Opinions on Having a New Game+

Should there be a New Game+

• Total voters

DarkCloud

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I would love to see a NewGame+ mode. Although I am on the fence on whether or not there should be extra story pieces to uncover through subsequent playthroughs.

JayM

Angry Lesbian
I like the idea of extra content after you beat the game, but not so much in a NG+ format. My personal favorite way of handling this (for an RPG anyway) is the way Fire Emblem: Awakening does; you can save after you beat the final boss, and when you load up your "clear" data, you're at the start of the final chapter, but there's a bunch of sidequests etc. that are open now. So you can go and beat the final boss and watch the end again, or you can mess around with the extra stuff.

That's the only way I'd be okay with it, personally. :/ I love playing games more than once, but if you're superpowered at the beginning, it just makes all the combat tedious IMO.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I think it should have NG+ in the sense of starting the game anew with all your levels and weapons carrying over from the last playthrough. No need for new story stuff, optional or otherwise. Let all of that be in the first playthrough.

I think every game should have NG+ to be honest. Its so fun to just massacre your way trough all the early game enemies.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I wouldn't mind the addition of Compilation stuff in NG+, but I'd prefer it even more if there was a Mass Effect 2 style thing where upon completing the game you're dumped back on the Highwind and can go do all the optional stuff. I mean, we know the planet survives so I wouldn't mind that.

It'll be really interesting to see what they do with the ending honestly.

However, I think we might be overestimating what they're going to do. If they add a Deepground optional dungeon, cool. If they add it and we lose say... Bone Village, I'm not cool with that. I feel like additional content is always going to come at the expense of other stuff.

Reminds me of The Last Story, where you can keep playing even after 'the end' of the game. I like that idea, it's nice to see the world of the game after the traumatic events are over, and all the locations and NPC's are affected. They could even add a few more extra quests only there after you beat the game, but not in a NG+.

Top Bottom