Ori and the Blind Forest

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
fgR4uVD.jpg

Q4 2014 (XBO/PC)
2015 (X360)

Oh no feeeeeeeeels

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
That looks gorgeous, and exactly my kind of game with gentle creatures and forests and beauty not Skullpisser2057 or some shit.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It's a sort of sidescrolling action platformer - kind of blends a touch of combat with lots of platforming

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Kind of reminds me of Lost Winds.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'm megaexcited for this, it looks so damn pretty! The platforming seems to have a wee bit of a Rayman vibe to it, so it should be tasty.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This was only a few dollars on steam so I bought it. Pretty much a 10/10 platformer, the music, visuals, and gameplay are all stellar. The story is simple and sweet. I got the "definitive edition" whatever that is. I like the levelling system as well. And Ori is adorable, I want her as a friend.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I have the base game, bought it before the definitive edition came out. I could upgrade for 5€ but I don't know if it's worth it. I guess I'll probably do it. I still have over half the game left to play.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

The Definitive Edition has 2 completely new zones, one of which is story-related (BABY NARU OMG), but they seem to be completely optional as I beelined for the main story for the <3 hour completion achievement and didn't encounter them at all

I'll probably run it for New Game +

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Got myself this for Christmas. Since I don't have the original version I got the Definitive Version (and the OST). It turns out that you get the original game for free if it wasn't in your library when you buy the Definitive Edition XD.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I've played this... it's really, really good. Both story-wise and game-play wise.

If they end up doing what they did with the last game though (release a definitive edition) I'm waiting until that comes out.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Oh, and for anyone still on the fence (and/or who don't have an Xbox), the Definitive Edition is on sale on Steam for 9.99 USD atm

10 bucks for Ori is a steal imo, for me it was one of the best (if not the best) games I played in 2015. If you turn your nose up at it as some generic twee baby game with merely good art and sound, the gameplay will beat you into the ground for it - it is a 100% precision platformer and one of the best representations of the Metroidvania genre in a very long time. The visuals and music are just cherry on the cake.

There's so much about this game, it's design, pace and cadence that fits classic Metroidvania to a tee, all the while feeling absolutely natural to the progression of the story. It's a real show of how you don't necessarily have to have a game that does everything in a new way, all you have to do is have a game that executes what it does to the best polish possible.​

Last edited:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Installing this game right now. After having heard so much positive feedback, I can't wait to start!

Reactions: Ite

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It is an amazing experience. It's like... playing a painting that moves. The OST is one of the best game OSTs out of the West in ages.

Reactions: Ite
Top Bottom