Overwatch

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Played a bunch of Overwatch with my little brother yesterday & had a ton of fun. He's been trying to find heroes that he likes and has been mostly sticking with D.Va, Orisa, & Junkrat and sometimes it's fun to just stomp around in Quick Play, and right before we ended for the day, I had a perfect match.

X :neo:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
cover-desktop.jpg

http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/tracer-uprising

These are totally going to be the new skins related to the event on the 12th.

Blackwatch Genji looks amazing.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Man, if they start having some of their events be little mini-story pieces, that would be AMAZINGLY cool, especially if they give some background to what the maps and their objectives are based off of in the canon Overwatch universe.

I hate the Lucio change. I don't care if I can heal faster, the circle sucks. Also makes his movement a lot less effective since you need to babysit people in order to be useful. Which for the most part puts you directly in the line of fire.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I've heard that it feels really different across various skill levels of play.

On a side note, the Arcade event is a ton of fun. I like playing the any hero version of it way more than the "canon" version of it, although the story beats in the canon version are obviously way more interesting.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The canon version is superior imo but lacks the replayability that All Heroes offers. The back and forth dialogue between the strike team, Morrison, Amari and Reyes is fantastic. We need more lore-based events like this because for the little thing that it is, it's excellently done. Hearing pre-Reaper Reyes speak is awesome.

Got the Mercy strike team skin & DVA selfie highlight. ^_^

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
quality is kinda low but I made a quick montage for a friend who plays console that I think came out pretty neat if yall would like to check it out

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
That was awesome. Also a harsh reminder that I am terrible with characters like Widow :(

Played some quick play last night with a friend. Got matched with two more groups of two and had one of the best team experiences with strangers ever. Everyone was praising each other, we stayed as a group and absolutely dominated the other team. We stuck around for a few more matches together. More experiences like this please ^_^

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Glad you liked it :) I had a lot of fun making it and trying to get back into the swing of things haha.

And for real. For some reason champs like Mcree and Widowmaker i just CAN NOT land a shot with. If I ever manage to get a kill with them that's about as far as it goes. It's mind blowing to me to see people get back to back kills with heroes like them lol.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Man, I don't even know why I fucking bother with competitive Overwatch

It's a complete hamster wheel and on a general public scale the player rating system is fundamentally shit in design (basing most of the player skill on the outcome of a team game perfectly balanced around the contribution of 5 other teammates, then assuming over a billion matches the number that comes out is reflective of your own performance)

Tried making an effort to improve as a player and I actually end 200SR lower than where I finished last time, and in brackets 200SR is a fuckload of difference in player intuition

I fucking hate being this tilted

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
There's actually a lot of individual analysis that happens despite the team elements of the game. Also, if you can group up with even a couple solid people, it helps a ton. I do a SHITTON of solo queue and when you get a good win, offering to group up is often all it takes to start climbing back up, 'cause it lets you stay in a rhythm.

I topped out and ended this season at about 2350 which is the lowest I've done, but I also started this season low and dropped under 2k before the win/loss streaks got changed, so I'm not too bothered by it. I've been improving overall, and hoping to get back up to Platinum again next season.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Double XP this weekend for the end of the event.

Additionally, I've been REALLY enjoying this season so far. Dealing with Pharah & Symmetra are my biggest difficulties in the current environment. That being said, I had some good Highlights from last night (my lady loved the 4th one a lot).

Top Bottom