[Petition] BentStuff's Final Fantasy Ultimania books into English

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
I posted about this at a couple of other places including Facebook a while ago as well. Might do it again :pinkmonster: I think everyone who posted in here has done their bit, done all you could ask really especially those who put down hard cash. I don't think it's so much as the interest isn't there but more people are just being lazy, can't be bothered to click on a link and sign :monster: People are lazy :monster: There are millions of people who buy the games so yeah. There are probably people as well with good intentions who intend to sign but are busy and decide to do it later but forget because busy :pinkmonster:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Petition now has 534 supporters. I wonder how many are needed to make the difference?

Well, given how it requires one to sign up (or fill in personal details, I forget), I can imagine that for every signature there's at least ten people that want to, but don't want to fill in the extra details.

Sephiroth 713

Rookie Adventurer
I don't think it's so much as the interest isn't there but more people are just being lazy, can't be bothered to click on a link and sign People are lazy There are millions of people who buy the games so yeah. There are probably people as well with good intentions who intend to sign but are busy and decide to do it later but forget because busy

I agree, and I also cannot believe that there are people who give up on this "as a principle" and even if they are fans don't sign and limit themself saying that all petitions are useless without even trying.
As far as I'm concerned I'm waiting for an opportunity like this since I was 11, and now I'm 19.
Why there are people that don't get the importance of the situation and don't even want to show their interest?

Last edited:

Interbooks

Rookie Adventurer
Hi all.
Sorry for not being very present lately but I am working on the company translators database system.
Today I had a meeting with my boss and was assigned an assistant for this project. As we didn't receive any answer from our contact at SE we changed our plan.
Time ago we published in Japan "The Sandman: The Dream Hunter" by Yoshitaka Amano (Amazon link) so we decided to contact him. We also finally found a way to contact directly BentStuff Studio( you can't find the address or telephone number on the internet) so I need to create a presentation to show to those people.

Please send me a PM with every website where you posted this petition. I need to put everything together so any like, share, comment, video etc. is welcomed.

Regards

Sephiroth 713

Rookie Adventurer
Hi all.
Sorry for not being very present lately but I am working on the company translators database system.
Today I had a meeting with my boss and was assigned an assistant for this project. As we didn't receive any answer from our contact at SE we changed our plan.
Time ago we published in Japan "The Sandman: The Dream Hunter" by Yoshitaka Amano (Amazon link) so we decided to contact him. We also finally found a way to contact directly BentStuff Studio( you can't find the address or telephone number on the internet) so I need to create a presentation to show to those people.

Please send me a PM with every website where you posted this petition. I need to put everything together so any like, share, comment, video etc. is welcomed.

Regards

Sorry at the moment I cannot send to you the private message, see if you can enable that function in your profile. My fuction is now enabled (I asked if it was possible to do it in TLSF section: "Feedback, Suggestions & Questions"). Infact a while ago I couldn't use it neither.
Thank you very much anyway for what you're doing and for all your efforts :)

Sephiroth 713

Rookie Adventurer
I checked the option to be contacted by email from other users. I think it should work now. Let me now.

Hi, sorry if I created confusion. I have sent the message via email just a few hours ago. I didn't noticed that also that option was available yesterday, I realized this and sent the message only today (sorry: I'm also new in this forum).
It should be arrived, just in case it hasn't yet let me know and I will re-send it.

Sephiroth 713

Rookie Adventurer
Thank you, now let's hope.
If they contacted Studio Bent Stuff I surely was curious to know about what kind of answer they received

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Got an e-mail back about this:

Hi Glenn,
Last week we had a meeting with Mr. Fudetani (he is in charge of organizing the Comiket and he is also present in the American Sakura-Con anime convention). We talked about the Ultimania project and he is glad to help us. He knows a lots of people inside Square Enix and already contacted them. As you know, it is time for E3, so they are busy now.

If needed, we will proprose the kickstarter idea. I would prefer to avoid to get the fans to pay for something Square Enix should pay for.

Here in Japan it takes long time to get an idea approved, but we are ready to start anytime.

Regards

Paolo Caracciolo

He mentions a kickstarter idea because I had suggested it in case it would help get things rolling.

Also, the Mr. Fudetani he mentioned is Yoshiyuki Fudetani, who has been a producer on things like "Trigun: Badlands Rumble," "Hellsing Ultimate" and the first "Gungrave" game.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Not so good news:

Hi Glenn,

Sorry for being late. We had an answer from Square Enix through Mr. Fudetani and we also had a chance to contact a translator who worked for SE.

Square Enix seem to have no interest in our idea. The translator who worked for SE told us that after the merging with Enix the mood in the company got very bad and at the moment they are not in a very good fiscal position. A lot of people, including this translator, got laid off by SE.

The only chance left for doing this project is talking to Studio BentStuff who maybe have an interest in having their books sold abroad.

As I feared, after the merging with Enix, SE became a company only interested in making money from the Final Fantasy brand.

Regards

Paolo Caracciolo

::heavy sigh::

The translator who worked for SE told us that after the merging with Enix the mood in the company got very bad and at the moment they are not in a very good fiscal position
I wish I remembered where I read this sentiment before, because the notion sounds really familiar that Square suffered a lot from the merger with Enix. =/

I'm thankful to Paolo for still keeping us informed through Tres.

Sephiroth 713

Rookie Adventurer
*heavy sigh from me too. I'm very sad for this :(

I'm very thankful to Paolo for still keeping us informed too anyway

Just imagine if they sold even some translations in the form of downloadable books. That would save them from the cost of paper and ink.

SE, just sayin'.

Sephiroth 713

Rookie Adventurer
Just imagine if they sold even some translations in the form of downloadable books. That would save them from the cost of paper and ink.

SE, just sayin'.

I completely agree. I would love that too. E-books are very handy.
Anything that could let me read those books without searching for hours if there is a trace of a fan-made translations all over the web. I don't have time to learn such a difficult language like Japanese :(
That would be very appreciated by all the western fans who crave to read them *sigh

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
11 jul 2014 — Dear FF fans,

First of all I would like to thank you all for signing this petition and I must apologize for kept you waiting for an update.
In these three months we found a few way to contact Square Enix indirectly and directly but we had the same answer from everyone.

At the moment Square Enix is not interested in making an English translation of the Ultimania series books for various reason I cannot say here. Even if the petition reached 10,000 signs the result wouldn't have changed.

I am very sorry for not being able to make this dream come true.

Regards

Caracciolo Paolo

https://www.change.org/p/bentstuff-...dium=email&utm_campaign=petition_update_email

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
perhaps they will/may be more open to including this stuff with the strategy guides in the future rather than a separate book on its own

Interbooks

Rookie Adventurer
Hi all,

sorry for not being able to update everybody. I would like to thanks TLS in particular for the support you gave us.

Yesterday I received a reply directly from a man who work at Square Enix and who talked with his superior about the Ultimania project. As you already read in the update on the petition page we got a negative answer. Even the people that we contacted earlier gave us the same answer.

I am very sorry.

Top Bottom