• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

PlayStation 4

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Sony finally fixed a long standing oversight in the PS Store.

Article said:
One of the most embarrassing oversights on the PlayStation Store is that, up until very recently, you couldn’t purchase a game if you’d previously claimed it courtesy of a PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Now subscription. This meant that, if you’d added a title to your library but let your membership lapse, the only way for you to access it was to resubscribe to the service you'd obtained it through.

Fortunately, the error has now been fixed.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i thought pubg was already free (although i have never played it nor tried so what do i know). and was sf5 the one that released with barely any content, does it now have content

but man. i have been kinda disappointed with the line up for the free play games, especially since it became only ps4 titles and only two at that. i was looking back through past stuff (from the japanese store at least) and there was loads. i have 100+ ps1 games from when they included those, not to mention psp and vita stuff in addition to home consoles. now there’s two a month and sometimes one of those is a sports game, gross.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i know that’s the hip new thing now but i just got around to starting death stranding and let me tell you, delivering things has never been so fun

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Trophy system will be updated tonight.
New Trophy Levels

The first thing you’ll notice is the big change to your Trophy level. We’re increasing the Trophy level range from the current “1 to 100” to “1 to 999,” so following this update, your Trophy level will automatically be remapped to a new level within this new range based on the Trophies you’ve earned to date. For example, if your current Trophy level is 12, your new level will jump to somewhere in the low 200s. The exact level will depend on the number and grades of trophies you’ve acquired. There will be no changes to the Trophies already earned or Trophy information, such as unlock requirements.

New Level Calculation Structure

We’ve implemented a new Trophies level calculation system that is more optimized and rewarding. Players will progress quicker through the early levels, and levels will increase more consistently. Platinum trophies will count more toward your level progression, making them even more valuable.

New Trophy Level Icons

With an expanded level range, we’re also updating the trophy level icon on PlayStation 5, as well as PlayStation App at a later date. Currently the Trophies icon is just a single gold star, but we’re adding a few variants:

• Bronze: Levels 1 to 299
  • Silver: Levels 300 to 599
  • Gold: Levels 600 to 998
  • Platinum: Level 999
The icons will also have a subtle distinction to visually suggest how close you are to the next level.

Your Trophies Come with You to PlayStation 5

Lastly, just for clarity, Trophies that you’ve earned on previous PlayStation systems will come with you to PlayStation 5, just as they have in previous generation transitions. The new Trophy levels will be reflected in all locations that Trophy levels are shown, including past systems, PlayStation App and My PlayStation.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's both a great improvement and shameful that it was so bad in the first place. I can commend them for supporting and updating an older game though. I've got the remaster somewhere myself (PS Plus iirc), I'll get around to playing it eventually.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Since it's the end of the gen (though the term 'gen' is pretty loose these days), I couldn't help but reminisce. Here's the top 10 games I enjoyed on my PS4, in reverse release order:

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
Devil May Cry 5
Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony
Gravity Rush 2
Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone
Hyper Light Drifter
Overwatch
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain

Probably my favorite gen yet, just need the nostalgia to build up and it'll be on par with the PS2 era lol. Anyone else have some top games? Doesn't need to be ten.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Since it's the end of the gen (though the term 'gen' is pretty loose these days), I couldn't help but reminisce. Here's the top 10 games I enjoyed on my PS4, in reverse release order:

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
Devil May Cry 5
Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony
Gravity Rush 2
Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone
Hyper Light Drifter
Overwatch
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain

Probably my favorite gen yet, just need the nostalgia to build up and it'll be on par with the PS2 era lol. Anyone else have some top games? Doesn't need to be ten.

One of the mods should make this a top 10 ps4 list

I'd go with...
9. Tales of Berseria
8. Tales of Zestiria
7. FF7 Remake
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Assassin's Creed: Origins
4. Uncharted 4
3. God of War
2. FF15
1. Ghost of Tsushima

I clearly don't have many games lol

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Trying to think of a list made me realize just how little PS4 games I've played all of the way through to completion. When I have played games recently, it's either been on SNES, PS1 or PSP lately.
Resident Evil 2, Uncharted 4, and FFVII Remake are all games I've beaten that I can remember off the top of my head.

I'm a decent way through Assassin's Creed Origins (not too fond of the gameplay loop as a whole, but the historical fiction/fantasy maps keep me intrigued for hours), I'm about 98% of the way through Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (pretty great game as a whole, I started it a handful of days ago to remind myself what playing console games felt like)

I have a decent amount of hours sunk into Sekiro, Bloodborne, Berseria, Judgement, FFXV, and Tsushima but have yet to beat 'em. And I still have MGSV, Shadow of the Colossus and Death Stranding on my backlog on top of those! How does anyone have time to beat all of these?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Trying to think of a list made me realize just how little PS4 games I've played all of the way through to completion. When I have played games recently, it's either been on SNES, PS1 or PSP lately.
Resident Evil 2, Uncharted 4, and FFVII Remake are all games I've beaten that I can remember off the top of my head.

I'm a decent way through Assassin's Creed Origins (not too fond of the gameplay loop as a whole, but the historical fiction/fantasy maps keep me intrigued for hours), I'm about 98% of the way through Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (pretty great game as a whole, I started it a handful of days ago to remind myself what playing console games felt like)

I have a decent amount of hours sunk into Sekiro, Bloodborne, Berseria, Judgement, FFXV, and Tsushima but have yet to beat 'em. And I still have MGSV, Shadow of the Colossus and Death Stranding on my backlog on top of those! How does anyone have time to beat all of these?

I totally forgot about RE2 Remake and Fallen Order

Top Bottom