Playstation 5

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Oh that's right! Now that the trends are on the right on my twitter, I always forget to look at them (well down Twitter, your new twitter sucks arses).

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Square Enix’s new project looks fairly mind blowing from what we just saw. Can’t wait to hear more.

The environments, at least. We don’t know anything else, really.

Edit:
The more I watch this conference, the harder it is to get excited about most of these games. The trailers don’t show anything worth grabbing onto, I think. They’re brief and don’t show much other than some visual reels. I’m getting a bit worn out on all the neon-pink out there.

I am also wary how games are stylistically becoming homogenized with other forms of entertainment, primarily movies. Sure, people having been calling games like MGS “movie games” for years, but stylistically they were worlds apart from actual cinematic franchises. A lot of stuff here looks good! A lot looks lame.
The Square announcement was probably the highlight for me so far, with some other good stuff occasionally.

All and all, the performance of the PS5 seems definitely “next gen,” however. Which is awesome!

Also, I think I’ve enjoyed the fun :square::triangle::circle::x: transitions more than the games themselves :P

Last edited:
Reactions: LNK

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Also, the console design is controversial! But I’m glad they’re doing it, personally.
11DCCD44-E030-4070-9E7F-B86644DAE5AF.jpeg

I’d rather have this than the literal box that Xbox is putting out, aha. “Too crazy” is better than “too boring.”

I like it

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm hyped as hell for Resident Evil: VIllage...

But goddamnit. Chris got bitten by the voice-change fairy now too. Christ, Capcom doesn't want anybody reprising their character's voice acting roles. What the fuck. I don't understand this new trend of just rotating folks out of their iconic voices. What a shame.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Also, the console design is controversial! But I’m glad they’re doing it, personally.

I’d rather have this than the literal box that Xbox is putting out, aha. “Too crazy” is better than “too boring.”

I like it

The degree to which people get hung up on the design of the box is crazy to me. It could be an old shoe, as long as it plays good games.

Not that people can't have a design opinion of it, but there were actually people in the youtube chat going "GAMES CAN COME LATER, SHOW US THE CONSOLE." ....are you serious?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
As long as the console fits in my house, doesn't spontaneously combust, and doesn't present an environmental hazard, I don't give a shit how it's design really looks. Like you said, it could be a fucking witch's old boot, and as long as it boots up my games and plays them properly, I'll be satisfied. :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I'm excited for RE8, but since the rumours/leaks about it have been correct, it makes me a bit wary of a potential RE4remake.

Kinda lowkey hoping we kill off Chris in this game tbh.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why do you want him to die?! :no:

Just because Capcom can't make up their minds over how he looks or sounds doesn't mean he deserves death!

...Pretty damn ironic that the game Capcom finally makes Chris recognizable in the new RE Engine, is the game they switch his iconic voice actor out. Which they kept for his first appearance in RE7, where Chris didn't look like himself at all.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
This detail flew over people's head, Capcom also announced another game on top of Resident Evil 8:

Oh yeah, I saw the little Capcom trademark at the end and was a bit surprised it was them! I thought it’d be an eastern studio from how the characters were stylized, but that was another highlight.

Pragmata, Demon Souls Remake, Athia, the Little Big Planet Platformer, the Abe’s Odyssey sequel, and (reluctantly) that one Dreamworks-movie looking adventure game were all highlights to me.

As far as RE:VIII is concerned, is anyone else not really onboard with the VII-onward style? Stylistically, they’ve made RE feel more like a generic horror film (paranormal activity, etc) rather than that classic RE charm.

(The remakes are fantastic and feel classic though)
Still, some of the locations in VIII look intriguing. I’ll definitely give it a chance.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Just because Capcom can't make up their minds over how he looks or sounds doesn't mean he deserves death!

...Pretty damn ironic that the game Capcom finally makes Chris recognizable in the new RE Engine, is the game they switch his iconic voice actor out. Which they kept for his first appearance in RE7, where Chris didn't look like himself at all.

He's kinda boring and keeps re-appearing. I want other characters to come around more! Chris' arms alone take up the space of 3 characters in this cast!

I also didn't realize Chris in RE7 was actually him for a while lmfao. Admittedly, I didn't get super far in that game because it's the only one that legitimately makes me really scared :( I've been meaning to get back to it but I am a wimp.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
As far as RE:VIII is concerned, is anyone else not really onboard with the VII-onward style? Stylistically, they’ve made RE feel more like a generic horror film (paranormal activity, etc) rather than that classic RE charm.

(The remakes are fantastic and feel classic though)
Still, some of the locations in VIII look intriguing. I’ll definitely give it a chance.

I love the new aesthetic and style of the RE Engine games VII and up. It's the exact type of new life and refreshing the series needed to stay on top.

I love the fuck out of the RE4-RE6 era. They're some of the most entertaining, enjoyable and badass games I have played from Capcom.

But they are not scary in the least. They simply aren't anymore. They're the B-Action Movie Era of Resident Evil, where the action was juxtaposed with some B-horror elements. The series became desensitized to itself. The Revelations sub-series was a return to form which was awesome, but it wasn't enough. A complete fresh start, utilizing the console's entire potential is what was necessary to get Resident Evil back on track as a cutting edge Horror franchise.

Capcom can call back to the other sides of Resident Evil and it's style with games like Resistance and the Remakes, but in order for Resident Evil to not die like Silent Hill did, it has to evolve and challenge itself. It has to periodically refresh itself.

...I just wish Capcom could fucking keep their character designs and voices consistent. It's so fucking weird seeing the same character with 80 damn designs and 40 different voices.

He's kinda boring and keeps re-appearing. I want other characters to come around more! Chris' arms alone take up the space of 3 characters in this cast!

I also didn't realize Chris in RE7 was actually him for a while lmfao. Admittedly, I didn't get super far in that game because it's the only one that legitimately makes me really scared :( I've been meaning to get back to it but I am a wimp.

I remember theorizing he was a fucking clone created by Wesker or some shit. LOL because he does not look like Chris at all!!! It's the most baffling, bizarre and frankly terrible redesign for the new era. He's so different, he doesn't resemble the character he's supposed to be! Glad they scrapped it and made him recognizable again. Too bad now I have get used to a new voice again. :monster:

If Chris dies, then the burden of carrying on the Redfield bloodline rests solely on Claire. And we know how much luck she's having with getting Leon to get over Ada..... It'll be a true crisis at this point.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Chris had a different voice in VII already though

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
To echo what everyone else is saying: The new Resident Evil game looks neat!

I should get into the series; it's almost sad that I haven't played any of the games. I only know a little bit about the characters, and the memes that came from the older games (my personal favorite is "Chris...? Stop it! :(")

Top Bottom