Pokémon General Thread

Lex

Administrator
Professor Turo is a fuckin babe.

1659874267247.png

I know what one I'm getting!

Anyway I'm actually looking forward to this - I haven't played a new Pokémon game since Moon and I don't think I finished that. I just wish this wasn't releasing the same week as God of War Ragnarok.

Sen Jenko

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Blaster Master
You know, I actually stuck with Pokemon all the way to Sun and Moon and I actually enjoyed those ones. Then I got a Switch and Pokemon Sword and just... did not like it. Maybe I've outgrown the series? Pokemon Crystal is my favorite Gameboy RPG and I still replay that one every so often so it makes me a little sad that I've seemingly grown out of the series.

And me not liking Sword/Shield wasn't a matter of not trying - I restarted it three different times in an attempt to really give it a chance and each time I got a little bit further and immediately jist lost all interest. I never plan on quitting completely, I just end up not thinking about it and then when I do I'm just like... eh.

I won't bad mouth it because if it brings you joy that's awesome. I'm jealous. I'm really not sure qhy I disliked this one so much. It was still jist Pokemon. It wasn't any graphical problems because I don't care about that... I really just don't know. I don't even really think it's burn out because I can still enjoy other older pokemon games???

I have 2 theories:

1. Maybe I'm just getting old

2. Maybe I just hate british people

:shrug:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Sword and Shield were bad because Nintendo were being accurate to how shit it is being in the UK right now. Absolute genius, I know :monster:

I fell off during Sun/Moon because the tutorial was way too long. I think I played about 10 hours before I got bored. The last one I played a lot of was X/Y. I respected that it threw you right into the game without any bullshit. The move towards a more story-oriented JRPG in Sun/Moon was interesting, but I think the story was too flimsy for me to get passed the fact that it essentially turned it into a slow pokemon game.

I really was enjoying Legends: Arceus, but it got pretty repetitive quickly, so when I put it down I never felt the urge to pick it back up. I feel like Game Freak has the ability to make something truly great with that direction if they really gave it a few years of dev time. Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath, because it seems as though they wanted to move on from Arceus really quickly in order to have people refocus on the mainline formula.

I'm still with the series because it's been such a part of my life, but I also don't hype up every generation like I used to. I've pretty much outgrown the mainline series. If they do something that catches my eye, I'll be rushing to put in my pre-order. At this point, it takes a lot more than putting out reskinned versions of the same game 2-3 times a year to pique my interest :monster:

Wol

Saving a Lost Future
AKA
Dawn Warrior
And he still didn't grow up an inch.

I wonder who will be the new mc pokemon.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
pokemon-visual.jpeg

Show will debut on April 14 with a one-hour first episode. Series will be directed by Saori Den, franchise first female director.

Top Bottom