• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Pokémon General Thread

Lex

Administrator
I think we could do with keeping discussion of Pokémon to the one thread. We already have a thread for one of the Pokémon movies, but I wanted to share a link here because it's available to watch on the official Pokémon website for free right now:

Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You

It's a re-telling of the original story so I'm expecting some amount of nostalgia.

Pokéstuff to look forward to in 2018: moar Pokémon Switch news. I'm excited to hear more about it since it'll be the first HD Pokémon game and the second screen is gone for Switch.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
It'll be the first main Pokemon title to be on a home-console(even though Switch is part Console part handheld) too.

If we're lucky, we might be seeing the 8th Generation game next year and then a (Finally) remake of Diamond and Pearl games.

I've yet to see the new Pokemon Movie trailer that came out a couple of days ago, but I wish they kept Ash's eye design the same as at least the "I Choose You" film. His eyes in this new one are too big.

Surprisingly, this month is a Pokemon Mania and here's why:

The delayed English Dub episodes of Sun and Moon(now titled as Ultra Adventures world-wide) in a couple of weeks, and in those same weeks, the English and full version of Detective Pikachu comes out as the VERY last Pokemon 3DS game.

Lex

Administrator
Rumour: Pokémon Switch will be a reboot of the franchise.

Bitch I am so down for this. 800 Pokémon now

latest

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Seriously? Rebooting the entire franchise for Switch? Well, I guess 800 is enough for them to finally say stop making more titles and just decide to restart from scratch.

But seriously, how can this be rebooted if they already made Remakes from Red and Blue to Ruby and Sapphire and still haven't remade Diamond and Pearl? Not that I'm against in not making any more Pokemon species since 800 is a bit too much and I think they've finally ran out of ideas of newer Pokemon.

I'm just not certain how this will turn out. But then again, this rumor might be false.

"Reboot" is kind of vague - does it mean a complete reset, Gen 5/Black and White style deal (no old Pokemon during the main story), return to Kanto, major gameplay changes, or something else? I highly doubt they'd get rid of all (or any) of the previous Pokemon. I'd definitely welcome changing the mechanics up, though. Nothing against the series' formula, but I'd be disappointed if Pokemon Switch turns out to be essentially just a prettier-looking 3DS game. At the very least I'm hoping it'll be less linear.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
"Reboot" is kind of vague - does it mean a complete reset, Gen 5/Black and White style deal (no old Pokemon during the main story), return to Kanto, major gameplay changes, or something else? I highly doubt they'd get rid of all (or any) of the previous Pokemon.

Or maybe a change in storyline since it all began more than 20 years ago? At this point, none of us know for certain yet, and I doubt the new game will be out this year. 2019 sounds more likely for a release year.

I don't think they'll get rid of the previous Pokemon either, but maybe change the Pokemon Professors, or maybe it'll be like the Reboot/story change like the Pokemon I Choose You movie that came out last year.

I'd definitely welcome changing the mechanics up, though. Nothing against the series' formula, but I'd be disappointed if Pokemon Switch turns out to be essentially just a prettier-looking 3DS game. At the very least I'm hoping it'll be less linear.

I'm thinking, similiar to the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game, the new Pokemon game will have voice acting for most human characters. Kind of like how Final Fantasy X was the very first Final Fantasy game in history to introduce voice acting.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I said this in the other thread but I think Pokemon may as well make the full transition into a full JRPG. They seemed to be heading in that direction with Sun/Moon.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I probably wouldn't mind if they added some dank fresh shit to the series, I haven't played much but I found the games after Red / Blue to be pretty much carbon copies of the originals, an' shit.

inb4 in app purchases, spend $10.000 to CATCH 'EM ALL!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think a reboot of the games console style would be great. Obviously doesn't mean getting rid of all 800 Pokemon and starting fresh but with a console there are so many new opportunities for play to change it up. I'll only get a Switch when this is out.

Lex

Administrator
Rumours abound that there's going to be an announcement for Pokémon Switch tomorrow. Including a Tweet from the official German Pokémon Twitter.

Lex

Administrator
^I was wrong about that. HOWEVER

Various leaks today (and a domain name registration) for Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee and Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu, along with this tweet from Matsuda.

Everything points to Kanto, the rumour is a post-apocalyptic Kanto.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
And yet still one core RPG game to be announced later on. This may be what gets a switch for me later this year. Comes out day after my birthday :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
This gives me the perfect chance to buy Switch for a friend of mine for Christmas this year!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm not going to buy me a switch until they release an improved v2, which I hope will be announced soonish. Something that can do stable frame rates and shit.

Prototype(s) of Pokémon Gold and Silver
In November 15th, 1997, a playable demo of Pokémon Gold and Silver debuted at Space World '97 for the public. On May 31st, 2018, an anonymous user dumped a ROM of the elusive demo, twenty years since it was last playable by the public. May Game Freak have mercy on our souls.

From the TCRF twitter
The Spaceworld 1997 demo of Pokémon Gold is available.

There is a team working on an English translation, as well as reverse-engineering and documentation. We expect to have more to show on that in a month.
The article links to a spreadsheet with all of the known information, including various Pokémon names, sprites, stats, as well as other things.

(Note that the archive now includes a fixed ROM as well, as the original header was incorrect and wouldn't run on real hardware.)
The other 3 builds have been uploaded. Gold and Silver, both with debug-enabled and non-debug-enabled versions, as well as header-fixed versions of them (8 ROMs total).
Wild stuff!

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Kanto's a bit weird, it's all smushed into one map:

There were some pokemon dropped too, like a baby Vulpix, baby Meowth, a Tiger line - Tigerette and Electiger and even Leafeon:
5pi95s5b8b111.png

While we're on the subject of that, the MissingNo from Gen 1 were revealed in a manga in Japan. One of which was "Gorochu", an evolution of Raichu. Some of the others were:

Deer
Shark
Cactus
Crocodile

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I wanna be hyped for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee but the fact that it's connected with Pokemon Go kinda turns my off. Let me fat ass live, Nintendo.

Or I guess die of eventual cardiovascular disease in this case...

Last edited:

Tenshin26100

A fan of Betas/Demos
Imagine if it was a Nintendo employee who shared such betas online for the only purpose of creating a biiig hype when they realized the disapointement of people with the Pokemon switch games announced recently ? :P *joke*

I can't wait to see the upcoming discoveries that will be shared coming from those ROMs ! :)))))

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Agatha lives in the snowy town that has a Ghost type gym:

Might have just been a place holder though, as there's a couple of Ethans walking around too.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Well slap my ass and call me Sally, those are amazing. I would have loved to have that full roster of mons, and more baby Pokemon would have made more sense then, than the 3 or so we got.

Top Bottom