Prayers For the Fallen Angel ~ Seph/Aerith

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
That sounds like it could've gone that way.

It is a bit sad that he never seemed to find out (pre-crazy) that she was Gast's child, but I think that was made so to create a parallel between Gast and Hojo, due to their obvious rivalry they once had. The symbolism of Aerith standing for good in the pure Lifestream and Sephiroth standing for evil in his tainted Lifestream does seem to reference Hojo and Gast, if you look at it from a broader view.

Btw, Is it just me or do I get the feeling Aerith looks A LOT like Gast? I keep picturing him with dark brown hair and blue eyes and part of her face. I have no idea why xD. I kind of feel her green eyes would come from Ifalna :P.

~ Raz

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
That sounds like it could've gone that way.

It is a bit sad that he never seemed to find out (pre-crazy) that she was Gast's child, but I think that was made so to create a parallel between Gast and Hojo, due to their obvious rivalry they once had. The symbolism of Aerith standing for good in the pure Lifestream and Sephiroth standing for evil in his tainted Lifestream does seem to reference Hojo and Gast, if you look at it from a broader view.

Btw, Is it just me or do I get the feeling Aerith looks A LOT like Gast? I keep picturing him with dark brown hair and blue eyes and part of her face. I have no idea why xD. I kind of feel her green eyes would come from Ifalna :P.

~ Raz

Now that I think about it does make sense in a way because Hojo stood for all the evil when science is abused while Gast represents the good science can produce if handled properly.

I even see how Hojo and Gast parallel as fathers because Hojo just sees his son as an experiment and just something to pander to his ego.Gast on the other hand died so he could prevent his child from being experimented on.Lets not forget Aerith and Sephiroth's mothers.Ifana died to make it so that Aerith could free while Lucrecia willingly experimented on her own child and never was in his life.Although in Lucrecia's case she came to regret this decision and the outcomes.

Man,now that I think about it makes me wonder if Aerith should have been the main character instead of Cloud.I don't know she just seems to be a better parallel to Sephiroth than Cloud does.

I always felt that Sephiroth and Aerith never had a personal connection with each other mainly because their ties are most of the time indirect.Its kinda of makes me wish the fact that they kept the lovers idea because I just feel that it would made the conflict for her more personal.

Althougth I think it would have probably gone the Yuna/Seymour route in my opinion.

Last edited:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I am going to bump this thread up because of the lack of activity.

I also find that both characters have the subtle theme of love surrounding them.Throughout Aerith's life she had pure/unconditional love that surrounded her and helped her be strong as a person.The love she gives back to others also encourages them and even from the grave she manages to bring joy to others.

Sephiroth on the other hand was always surrounded by shallow love.No one talks much about his childhood but I have a feeling it would have been a loveless one filled with people who only cared he was a perfect warrior.Plus if Hojo was a prominent figure in his childhood then it defiantly had to suck.If one thinks about the only reason why Shinra would care about him is because he proved useful and gave them results.I think this was the reason he took his friends leaving Shinra hard because they were the only ones that actually unconditionally cared about him.I think this also plays into his narcissm as a villain because he now can only rely on himself to give him guaranteed love.He no longer sees it necessary to care or be concerned about others because why be concerned with flithy humans who have just used him and his "mother" all his life.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Top Bottom