Prometheus, Alien: Covenant, (and likely others)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I can't believe that we don't have a topic on this.

It's Ridley Scott's new scifi film that's coming out this summer that's strongly rumored to tie into the first Alien film... somehow. Here's a link to a HUGE magazine scan with some more details. Suffice to say that I'm wicked excited about this.

X :neo:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I hadn't kept up with this, but I am definitely interested hearing that it ties in with Alien.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeah, I was worried when it was rumoured that Angelina Jolie was going to be in it, because as far as I am concerned she's a guarantee of a shit film (yeah maybe she was ok in Girl Interupted or something but I really don't care :monster:)

Anyway really looking forward to it, and the casting looks pretty good. Hopefully Scott is going to capture some of the naturalistic style of the first Alien film, and even if he doesn't it should be an enjoyable romp.

Really interested in seeing the Space Jockeys again or at least finding out more of what they we're doing, which I've only seen touched upon in a comic once.

Also. Ridley Scott is 74?! Bloody hell.

EDIT: Actually....
do you think that huge head thing is part of the 'temple/pyramid' that was going to be included in the original Alien? Could be interesting.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I don't know about you guys but I'm finding that huge 'human' head very unsettling. This is meant to be a prequel where near light speed travel has only recently become possible.....and then their finding a 'human' sculpture.

I'm thinking that this might be explaining more than the origins of the Aliens here.... :O

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
While I did watch Alien - and while I'm not one who really likes horror, I can admit it was a great film; also, I'm interested in this movie for it's story and tie in with Alien - I will probably have to wait to see this. Make sure I know when to mute and cover my eyes.

:awesome:

I'm thinking that this might be explaining more than the origins of the Aliens here.... :O

That's what the article said...

And according to that site that X-Soldier posted:

Ridley Scott, director of 'Alien' and 'Blade Runner,' returns to the genre he helped define. With 'Prometheus' he creates a groundbreaking mythology in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Potential for the long awaited Space Jockey backstory?

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Potential for the long waited Space Jockey backstory?

Possibly, though I'm not sure how detailed, but this quote from Ridley Scott gets me excited:"The last eight minutes of the “Prometheus” story evolve into “a pretty good DNA of the ‘Alien’ one.” "

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
promethesus-movie-poster-teaser-03.jpg

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2011/12/14/first-prometheus-poster-revealed/

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Yes, it's a teaser of the trailer that comes out on Thursday. But never-the-less, it gave me chills. I am SO fucking excited for this.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Squueeeee!

I am getting such an Alien vibe off this (lol obviously) specifically that background music, the look of the set there and the choppy camera footage.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Oh fuck yes. Its so similar to the original Alien trailer! Squeeeees pants! God, it just goes to show how different things are now, when trailers more often than not have to give away the entire fucking film.

EDIT: Shitty cuntbags Fox have taken the vid down now. What the hell is wrong with these people? Have they not heard of viral marketing? People want to see your trailer you stupid wankbags! I suppose they think people are going to pay for a film they don't even want to see just to see a trailer.....which is taking things too far. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is my type of film though, I just don't agree with the principle.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Sooo....it looks to me, from what I could tell, that Space Jockey(maybe) ship crashes on the planet while they're doing their exploring thing, then they investigate the wreckage and terrible horrific things happen.

Is it the same ship though? Or just one of many? :hohum:

God I hate being this excited about stuff...

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Nice screenshots over here: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=41347.0

Some examples of the Alien nostalgia material:

vlcsnap-2011-12-22-11h09m37s228.png

vlcsnap-2011-12-22-11h10m04s238.png

vlcsnap-2011-12-22-11h10m08s32.png

vlcsnap-2011-12-22-11h13m08s34.png

vlcsnap-2011-12-22-11h10m20s144.png

vlcsnap-2011-12-22-11h13m59s36.png

vlcsnap-2011-12-22-11h14m08s123.png

Also, just grabbed this one from YouTube.
PrometheusDerelictExplosion.png

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Those are the urn things that were mentioned in the first drafts of the Alien script aren't they?

Something I never understood. When the facehugger manages to melt through the space helmet, how come it doesn't dissolve John Hurt's (or anyone elses) face? What kind of acid could eat through glass that fast but leave skin unharmed? :huh:

EDIT: actually in this shot his face looks a bit burnt (assuming its the same person), still not as burnt as you'd expect though
vlcsnap-2011-12-22-11h12m33s206.png

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Yeah, its amazing that even though I've seen Alien a billion times and I know what happens that trailer still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Even though I know that thats just a hens egg or something there :lol:

EDIT: Yeah, that guy.....he doesn't have a helmet on...so either that scene takes place pre-crash, or he doesn't need a helmet at all? - actually lol stupid, they don't have helmets on in the egg room either so nevermind.

double edit!: does the guy leaping from above look weird to you? Theres something wrong with his face.... http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...eus Trailer/vlcsnap-2011-12-22-11h13m04s0.png

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Maybe that happens after he someone gets melt-faced. They go all psychotic and deformed. Hell, maybe some part of the assimilation process for the eventual construction of the Xenomorphs...

I think that by the end of this, it might be fair to look at the entire franchise within 3 different continuities:

Prometheus Continuity: "Prometheus, Alien"
- This is Ridley Scott's vision containted entirely in a vaccuum, and how Prometheus as a film should be looked at.

Alien Continuity: "(Prometheus), Alien, Aliens, Alien³, Alien: Resurrection"
- This is the continuity of the Alien films alone, possibly (likely) including Prometheus.

AvP Continuity: "Predator, Predator 2, AvP, AvP:R, Predators, (Prometheus), Alien, Aliens, Alien³, Alien: Resurrection"
- This is the continuity that connects all of the Alien & Predator-related franchises, and may possibly include Prometheus depending on how much of an origin it is for the Xenomorphs, and if it allows them to exist on/reach Earth in the past.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Saw the trailer tonight before The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It didn't really shed much light on the plot, but it was well done and piqued my interest quite a bit more than it already was. I just feel compelled to point out that, as if we needed any more reason to be excited about this, Damon Lindelof of Lost fame is co-writing it. Oh, and Noomi Rapace (who delivered one of the best performances I've ever seen as Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and its sequels) is in the lead role. I don't really have anything else constructive to add.

This better not suck. If Fox decides to neuter this film by making it PG-13 I will shit bricks.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
This better not suck. If Fox decides to neuter this film by making it PG-13 I will shit bricks.
Proof that kids ruin everything.

This is making me wish I'd got that Alien Vault book when I saw it, but then I wondered if there wasn't a better book available and couldn't fit it in my book budget :awesome:

Top Bottom