Prometheus, Alien: Covenant, (and likely others)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I hope that as a full trailer it conveys a sense of complete and utter terror like the original Alien trailer does. I mean seriously, I've seen Alien a gazillion times, but that trailer still creeps the ever-living bajeezus out of me.

Also, I'm hoping that it's not one of those "show-you-all-the-important-parts-of-the-film-in-quarter-second-clips" trailers that's become so common, although I have faith that Ridley Scott's better than that. (That's actually one of my favorite things about the Avengers trailers so far, is that they manage to be exciting, while not showing a great deal of things that seem extrordinarily plot-related).

X :neo:

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I was going to say something about having to watch previews of trailers, but so many people already beat me to it. :monster:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
That trailer wwas quite good. Gave me a good idea of the feel of the movie and really got me hyped for it, but it didn't tell me anything that might let me know what the fuck is actually happening beyond vague ideas. Just the way a trailer should be.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Well that Space Jockey is a dead giveaway!

Lets see what new lifeform lies underneath all this. I'm glad they've been manufacturing something different other than Xenomorphs.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
When I compared the '79 Alien film with Prometheus, it makes sense...it all makes fucking sense! the music, the atmosphere, the terror from beyond... My god! MY GOD! It's about the space jockeys!!!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I think the latest trailer is a bit....trailerish. Yeah, compared to a lot of trailers today it was quite oblique, but I still felt a parts of it were a bit cheesy y'know? I much prefered the other trailer, found it a hell of a lot scarier too.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
so question is this confirmed alien prequel or no?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
In answer to your question Aki, it is connected to the same universe as Alien (Weyland, Space Jockey ship, etc). It takes place prior to Alien and has some threads and events connected to it, but it is meant to stand alone as its own film. It was originally written to specifically be JUST an Alien Prequel, but the script evolved and it's written as a logical connection to that film, but not as intrinsically tied into it (if that makes sense). There's a Q&A with Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof that discusses this (click to see the bit of the interview covering that question).

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Watching the recent trailers...

Am I the only one who's thinking "It's a trap!" ?

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
I haven't been scared by the trailers, tbh, which was something I'd really been hoping for. Like, all the focus is on the action and shit and not the potential terror. Unless the movie isn't meant to be horror like Alien was.

Idek. Everything is too bright. It doesn't have that shadowy, gritty quality that Alien had.

Also, is there going to be much or any allusion to man rape in this movie? Because that was such a big thing in Alien.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@Chi: almost everything you're asking about is mentioned in the Q&A I linked, though you'll probably want to start it from the beginning.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
@Chi: almost everything you're asking about is mentioned in the Q&A I linked, though you'll probably want to start it from the beginning.

Ooooh. Thanks.

But why bother watching something when I can just ask you guys? :awesomonster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I totally would've just written out the answers from the Q&A, but I was browsing on my phone, while on the bus. :awesomonster:

For anyone else still wondering, or who cba to check out the Q&A:

There are still gonna be scary parts, but I think that Ridley Scott is very much one of those directors who would rather that you go see the movie to find out what they are. Thus I think that the trailers are presenting most of the setting and action to draw you in to seeing it. He mentioned that there will still be terrifying stuff in it ala Alien, and probably doesn't want to spoil the setup for it.

Ridley Scott said that he's done gritty future (see Blade Runner), and now it's overdone to the point that he wants to shoot himself if he ever sees another one. Also, Alien was about space truckers getting pulled out of their way to go check this thing out. Prometheus is about a mission designed to go investiage this thing, so it's logical that their equipment would be much newer/nicer.

That falls under the "go see the movie" questions that the Q&A gets into, but doesn't directly answer so that it doesn't give away anything that they want to remain under wraps.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
The whole Q&A was really interesting. Most of my questions were answered and I thought the audience and questions from online were really interesting (probably because I'm dumb, el oh el).

However, my inquiry about man-rape wasn't answered. It doesn't look like the Aliens from the original Alien are going to play a large part in Prometheus (they haven't appeared in the trailer), though, the answer to my original question is probably, "Probably not."

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
According to what I read, the xenomorph will not appear in the movie.

Much as I love the xenomorphs, its actually pretty cool to think there are other things out in the black that are potentially just as bad.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I would think the Xenomorph, or something quite similiar, might show up towards the end. After all in the original ALien wasn't one of the non-xenomorph aliens shown to ahve been chest-burstered?

Top Bottom