Question about Genesis and Tifa

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I agree that it would be odd if they didn't try to stop him at all. I can only conclude that they sent the Tsviets to stop him -- and those guys, of course, wouldn't have actually wanted to.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I agree that it would be odd if they didn't try to stop him at all. I can only conclude that they sent the Tsviets to stop him -- and those guys, of course, wouldn't have actually wanted to.

Restrictors: Well, go on then.
Weiss: Well we tried sir, but he was so strong. We're sorry.
Restrictor: well, okay as long as you did your best, back to your room it is.

Is not how that would go.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
It's not like they would have executed them either, though.

They can keep sending them after Genesis though. Genesis is down there with the Restrictors and the Tsviets in Deepground and he's not only able to fight them off, he's able to sleep through the affair.

demonwolf

Pro Adventurer
Sometimes I resent Genesis's existence just because of how many loose ends he leaves in his wake. Pun intended.

Last edited:

demonwolf

Pro Adventurer

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

They can keep sending them after Genesis though. Genesis is down there with the Restrictors and the Tsviets in Deepground and he's not only able to fight them off, he's able to sleep through the affair.
I don't think we're supposed to assume they know where he is.

I think really strong, especially since the word of god said he wants to protect the world. Knowing SE, he's prolly not a crippled messiah-wanabe.
It would make him more intereting tho if he was.

It really would! Fanfic idea if anyone wanna adopt that.

Shademp and I have done that. :monster:

demonwolf

Pro Adventurer
It would make him more intereting tho if he was.

It really would! Fanfic idea if anyone wanna adopt that.

Shademp and I have done that. :monster:

Of course! I should've known better than to think everything hadn't been explored already with a fandom this old.

I skimmed (i.e. read the summary gomen I'm a lazy prick) the thread. Is Genesis the antagonist in the story or is he the misunderstood hero?

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Sometimes I resent Genesis's existence just because of how many loose ends he leaves in his wake. Pun intended.

I see him as unintentionally unsympathetic , a creator's pet, and a karma Houdini who should have died in Crisis Core, for his heinous actions.

Tres, I can't find find the bit about Genesis being crippled/having lost his powers.

It is such a shame that game never came to fruition, even tho I know SE would never have let it see the light of day. It's funny how they tolerate fan fiction, fan music, fan art, and even fan artists making a living off producing Final Fantasy art, but they won't tolerate a non-profit fan game.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

Maybe they just respected his refusal and kept it moving?

Do they have to get into a frothy rage and pointlessly fight Genesis?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

They being the greater Shin-Ra organisation when they are told Genesis was captured but is now on the loose again underneath Midgar and is doing God know what? What do you think their response would be?

demonwolf

Pro Adventurer
@Licorice-san lol

I feel like ShinRa/Deepground are more of control freaks than to just let him go like that.

But since we're spitballing.

Maybe Genesis acted too much like a pacifist in their custody. Combine that with a constant torrent of LOVELESS lectures, and they finally decided he was more trouble than he was worth and kicked him out.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
They being the greater Shin-Ra organisation when they are told Genesis was captured but is now on the loose again underneath Midgar and is doing God know what? What do you think their response would be?

Depends; is he more trouble than he's worth to try to capture? The Turks for example, easily make the determination of 'fuck this' more than once when dealing with AVALANCHE.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

Depends; is he more trouble than he's worth to try to capture? The Turks for example, easily make the determination of 'fuck this' more than once when dealing with AVALANCHE.

Genesis is the most powerful being left on the Planet and personally started a solo war against the Shinra that sprawled the entire world. He's on a completely different level from either versions of AVALANCHE. Yeah, I have a hard time believing anyone is sleeping quietly knowing he is beneath Midgar and doesn't have a chip in him.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Genesis is the most powerful being left on the Planet and personally started a solo war against the Shinra that sprawled the entire world. He's on a completely different level from either versions of AVALANCHE.

So is that a guy you're trying to fight?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Genesis is the most powerful being left on the Planet and personally started a solo war against the Shinra that sprawled the entire world. He's on a completely different level from either versions of AVALANCHE.

Your best chances of taking him down are in Deepground, but you prefer to keep all of them tucked away in Deepground for good reasons. Genesis, out there on his own devices might decided to go topside where they don't like deploying Deepground. So unless there was some reason they knew Genesis would underground that seems like a timesensitive issue they'd wanna get on ASAP.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

Your best chances of taking him down are in Deepground, but you prefer to keep all of them tucked away in Deepground for good reasons. Genesis, out there on his own devices might decided to go topside where they don't like deploying Deepground. So unless there was some reason they knew Genesis would underground that seems like a timesensitive issue they'd wanna get on ASAP.

We're speculating because we're not really sure of Genesis level of strength relative to Deepground's, but generally (and I feel comfortable saying this as an actual representative of a military), military forces, at least smart military forces, aren't in the business of getting into fights that they can't win.

If it was determined that engaging Genesis would lead to a certain level of casualties or damage that would disrupt their greater strategy (or would generally be unacceptable), then I can absolutely seeing them letting him walk away, if only to plan something else later on.

Going "oh well the answer's no Genesis? prepare to fite" and then getting murderized by Genesis immediately afterwards as a result is not a smart move.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
They didn't make the "smart move" and leave Sephiroth to his own devices after he left Midgar either.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
If anything that only helps my argument, that was before Genesis; couldn't they have learned from that very stupid and very fatal mistake?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
If anything that only helps my argument, that was before Genesis; couldn't they have learned from that very stupid and very fatal mistake?

That was after Genesis. It goes Nero and Weiss retrieve Genesis, Genesis is brought to their slave society underneath Midgar, Genesis politey declines to be part of the Deepground is and leaves peacefully, Sephiroth kills the President and the chase for Sephiroth begins.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Ah, my mistake.

Alright, I'm gong to level with you; I'm making the most sense by using the simplest rationale (as per Occams Razor) for a situation that honestly, wasn't really well written or conceived in the first place.

I definitely wouldn't give the writing associated with Genesis (or Deepground, or DoC as a whole and CC to a less extent) the same levity and thought I'd give to say, J.E. Sawyer's incredibly meticulous care and respect he gave when writing Fallout: New Vegas.

It's much, much more reasonable in my mind to just assume that Genesis wasn't worth the trouble to fight at that time than to leave it up to the birds, or worse, come up with a much more convoluted answer.

Top Bottom