Ready Player One

InterfaceLeader

Pro Adventurer
Definitely a fun movie (and so much better than the book) though they could perhaps have thought a leeeetle bit about the ramifications of having ...

oh, I have no idea how to make a spoiler tag.

is this how?

EDIT: Yay I worked it out!

ramifications of having the white boy 'win' at the end, rather than it being a group win. Especially as so much of the book/movie, thematically, was about connecting with people (don't be a solo, clan up etc.) it would have been nicer if there had been more than one person in at the end.

I actually liked the 'three keys' concept from the book, which I felt would have reinforced that theme.

The dystopian thing is blatant window dressing, and has no impact on the plot whatsoever.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Definitely a fun movie (and so much better than the book) though they could perhaps have thought a leeeetle bit about the ramifications of having ...
ramifications of having the white boy 'win' at the end, rather than it being a group win. Especially as so much of the book/movie, thematically, was about connecting with people (don't be a solo, clan up etc.) it would have been nicer if there had been more than one person in at the end.

I actually liked the 'three keys' concept from the book, which I felt would have reinforced that theme.

I think that
it was still a group win, because his friends are the only reason he didn't get caught & shot to death, and that also hits in on the point that the real world is just as important as the virtual one at the same time.

X :neo:

The technical details of how they did that one movie scene are really awesome, and I hope that this film has a shitton of cool BTS stuff when it's released on BluRay.

X :neo:
Wait...
most of that was digital? Wtf? I sincerely thought they had recreated the set. Except for the blood elevator, I figured that would have been too tough to make convincingly, so I assumed that was just the shot from the movie with Aech thrown in.

Jeez... bravo.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
I went into watching the movie having gone through a touch more than half of the book... The movie disappointed me in a few ways, especially with the direction they chose with the 1st gate and Wade's Auntie... I didn't get anywhere near half of the feeling of how shit on Wade is. There is the whole "we're all friends" from the start & how quickly Art3mis & Wade fall in love & stuff. Calling Shotto, Sho & just being so different to the book... I didn't like that bit. I did like names popping up that are relevant in the book but didn't touch on in the movie, ie, the plannet where Wade goes to school & finds the 1st key, I'm glad they used the same spelling for Art3mis & Aech and so forth...

The movie was good and all, totally awesome with as many memories as you can process each second of watching the scenes when there are SOOOOO many characters & references that take you wayyy back :D

Hanging to finish the book though. But thus far, I prefer the book.

Top Bottom