Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The era of Versus XIII Nomura never stopped.

"It's progressing, waiting for a time to release more info, please enjoy other stuff in the meantime, please be excited"

:kermit:

January 31, I BELIEVE

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Is this going to be the saga of Versus XIII all over again? If so, then Nomura's a really bad director when it comes to this these days.

And STILL nothing on what they're gonna do with the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING NOTHING BUT BAD NEWS THAT NOMURA GIVES US.

GIVE US GOOD NEWS FOR A CHANGE, SQUARE! What's so hard about that?

"Please be excited" this, "Please be excited" that. They're just saying that just to avoid losing support. If they keep going like this, then Square's gonna end up shutting down before we even see Final Fantasy XVI.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Is this going to be the saga of Versus XIII all over again? If so, then Nomura's a really bad director when it comes to this these days.

And STILL nothing on what they're gonna do with the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING NOTHING BUT BAD NEWS THAT NOMURA GIVES US.

"Please be excited" this, "Please be excited" that. They're just saying that just to avoid losing support. If they keep going like this, then Square's gonna end up shutting down before we even see Final Fantasy XVI.

I think you need to take a break from video games if they're stressing you out this much. I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything. Every post your make is an all caps temper tantrum over and over again about how your favorite game isn't out yet.

I'm serious dude, you need to find something else to do with your time if video games are causing this much mayhem in your life.

also to repeat myself in the KH III thread.

EDIT
Having said all that, I do wish they'd stop interviewing him if this is all he's going to say. Like wait until there's actual news before interviewing him

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
And STILL nothing on what they're gonna do with the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.

From that massive FFVII article Polygon recently published:

Nomura said:
From the beginning, we planned to only do four spin-offs of Final Fantasy 7, and we publicly announced that [the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7] would end with those four. We planned it that way ourselves so we wouldn’t oversaturate the market.

http://www.polygon.com/a/final-fantasy-7

As I myself have often said, they announced four titles and released those (as I have often heard the argument "they should finish what they started") and never had concrete plans for more.
Whether they will resume making more spin-offs or not is something even they couldn't give you a definite answer on since they now have a multi-part remake to focus on.

For your sanity's sake however, I would advise you to simply let it go and assume there won't be more.

Nomura said:
From the beginning, we planned to only do four spin-offs of Final Fantasy 7, and we publicly announced that [the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7] would end with those four. We planned it that way ourselves so we wouldn’t oversaturate the market.
I'd like to see this public announcement. :monster: If he ever said anything of the sort, then that statement exists in some interview that is yet to be translated.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
And STILL nothing on what they're gonna do with the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.

From that massive FFVII article Polygon recently published:

Nomura said:

http://www.polygon.com/a/final-fantasy-7

As I myself have often said, they announced four titles and released those (as I have often heard the argument "they should finish what they started") and never had concrete plans for more.
Whether they will resume making more spin-offs or not is something even they couldn't give you a definite answer on since they now have a multi-part remake to focus on.

For your sanity's sake however, I would advise you to simply let it go and assume there won't be more.

Assuming on your own doesn't count as it being confirmed. I don't want to let it go. I just want an actual confirmation. Besides, when was this posted?

Nomura said:
I'd like to see this public announcement. If he ever said anything of the sort, then that statement exists in some interview that is yet to be translated.

Again, when was this posted? Besides, he had said before.

Nomura has stated that while Advent Children Complete did not represent the end of Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, as the staff still had more ideas, it marked "the end of the Advent Children saga" as there would be no more re-releases or extended versions.[47]
This was the last thing he said almost 7 years ago and if they haven't said anymore or had confirmed to have changed their minds on this, and that they hadn't changed their minds on on adding the Compilation details in the Remake then it's clear that it's still active, unless he said what he meant to say in reverse.

Plus, like someone had said earlier, interviewing him when he's just going to say small words is a bad idea when he's not gonna be giving out any good news.

I immediately thought of Tasha when I saw that bit, haha.

Ha, ha. Thanks for the compliment And my nick-name under "Tashasaurous" is Tash, not Tasha.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I have to second Shademp. While it may well be true, it was never left that cut and dry from what I saw at last comment (in 2009)::

http://thelifestream.net/lifestream...uya-nomura-on-ffvii-advent-children-complete/

— The Compilation of FFVII has come to a stop with this. Will there be a next Compilation title?

Nomura: We’ve got ideas. But, it’s come to a stop here. I don’t think anything will be happening for awhile.

Now, granted, I've not been expecting anything. I wasn't expecting the remake for that matter. I just don't think he can claim they ever made it as clear as he's saying now.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Follow the link, Tash, it was posted the other day and the interviews were conducted over the course of the last two years.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I have to second Shademp. While it may well be true, it was never left that cut and dry from what I saw at last comment (in 2009)::

http://thelifestream.net/lifestream...uya-nomura-on-ffvii-advent-children-complete/

— The Compilation of FFVII has come to a stop with this. Will there be a next Compilation title?

Nomura: We’ve got ideas. But, it’s come to a stop here. I don’t think anything will be happening for awhile.
Now, granted, I've not been expecting anything. I wasn't expecting the remake for that matter. I just don't think he can claim they ever made it as clear as he's saying now.

So unless "for a while" is the new, "Never happening" all of the sudden, it still kind of leaves me a little hopeful, especially since they still plan on adding material to that and just in the last year they've still used Cloud's AC outfit.

Follow the link, Tash, it was posted the other day and the interviews were conducted over the course of the last two years.

What's that supposed to mean? I know they said that they'd 'Take a break from the series' but was that reversed as well?

So are they saying that the Remake is the very last FFVII game they're making? They could at least confirm that in words, but then again, honesty is the lamest policy in Square's case these days. *Sigh*

Sorry for my temper and tantrums, guys. I wasn't taking it out on all of you. I just want people to understand how frustrating it is rather than forcing me to be on their side and I hate taking sides. It's even worse when I'm always in the middle.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sorry for my temper and tantrums, guys. I wasn't taking it out on all of you. I just want people to understand how frustrating it is rather than forcing me to be on their side and I hate taking sides. It's even worse when I'm always in the middle.

And we got it the first thousand times you posted it. We're just tired of hearing it. Like I said it'd be nice to look at these threads on this forum without it constantly being you yelling and screaming about how the game isn't out yet and about how quality doesn't even matter.

Would it kill you to just NOT post that just once? Get a private blog and you can rant about it there. That's what i used to do

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
And we got it the first thousand times you posted it. We're just tired of hearing it. Like I said it'd be nice to look at these threads on this forum without it constantly being you yelling and screaming about how the game isn't out yet and about how quality doesn't even matter.

Would it kill you to just NOT post that just once? Get a private blog and you can rant about it there. That's what i used to do

I wasn't yelling or screaming. I didn't even use the exclaimation mark today. I was just saying how frustrated I am but I wasn't even yelling and I'm not even yelling now.

I'm sorry, okay?

Edit: Plus, I've always felt that the Polygon website to be dodgy and unconvincing like most websites who reveal dodgy links by saying things that aren't true.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I wasn't yelling or screaming.

This is seriously, utterly, ridiculously, and frustratingly way beyond the joke now. I was so hoping for some good news on KH3 and hoping for an bit of an good update.

If you say so

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I wasn't yelling or screaming.

This is seriously, utterly, ridiculously, and frustratingly way beyond the joke now. I was so hoping for some good news on KH3 and hoping for an bit of an good update.

If you say so

None of my posts have any of these "!"....Okay, except for the "GIVE US GOOD NEWS FOR A CHANGE, SQUARE!" part, but I wasn't yelling at you guys. I was groaning at Square.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
For the love of God we get it. Stop. No one cares anymore. If you must whine and moan about your lack of a video game, set your phone to "record," go on one of your tirades, wait an hour, and then play it back. Maybe then you'll get why we're all tired of it.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I said I was sorry. How many times do I have to say it?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I said I was sorry. How many times do I have to say it?

You don't get it. You've apologized before but you do the same thing over and over. Actually change this time and don't just do the same thing again and go "LOL sorry!"

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Tash I think it'd be appreciated by many if your negative outbursts regarding KH/Nomura/SE were kept to a minimum. Everybody only has so much patience and it can make others unenthusiastic about getting involved. I see you've apologised which is appreciated, but I want to make it clear that this can't be an ongoing thing. Like others have mentioned, this isn't an outlet for your venting.

Everybody else let's try to be respectful yeah? I get that we can't always be on topic but half a page of back-and-forth nonsense isn't conducive to good discussion.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

What's that supposed to mean? I know they said that they'd 'Take a break from the series' but was that reversed as well?

What's what supposed to mean? You asked:

Tashasaurus said:
Again, when was this posted?

About what Nomura said about the Compilation. I told you to click on the linked article, where it says it was posted yesterday and that the interviews were conducted over the last two years.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I meant what conducted meant...*shrugs in embarrassment*. Plus, I've checked it out, but I haven't seen anything that stated as such with the Compilation. Probably have to check it out again, though.

But the website itself, as I've checked, still looks kind of dodgy.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
There are genuine concerns here. Yes modern games are a different beast, but as we've just learned the majority of the original FFVII's production took just over a year, which is how long it's been since the last update* on its remake -- PART 1 of its remake.

Nomura is a very creative and ambitious artist. No one will deny this. I think it's becoming clear that he is too much of a dreamer to be a proper leader, and that he needs a true business partner, now.

Tabata's approach with FFXV seemed to be trashing everything that wasn't done, polish up what was there and get it on the shelves. Reactions to this are mixed, from what I gather, but I'm on the outside of XV as of yet. It sounds like Nomura and Tabata might work well together if they had an equal share of power on a project. As it stands, Nomura is all talk, no product. How embarrassing.

*The last update that wasn't: "We don't have anything, please stay excited."

Top Bottom