Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

I'm betting 77 mako capsules that we will not get a (satisfactory) sense of how things are going with the remake.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Pre-announcing the "Episode Jesse" DLC mission to see what happens with her, and how she gets stuck, which will end with a teaser trailer for the "Episode Tifa" DLC where she tends the bar and watches things in the slums while thinking about Cloud. :awesome:

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Episode Train Station Dude
Watch him find just the right metaphors related to his occupation -- so when he offers up his life story to the first obviously uninterested terrorist off the train, he can do it with pizzazz!

Post-credits epilogue: Crushed to death when the plate falls. Last line: "There ain't no gettin' off this train."

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I can't wait to see what comes out of the full interview. Hopefully we get some sense of how things are going since it's been so silent until now.

I wouldn't expect too much from the interview regarding more info on the FFVII Remake, since the interview was likely primarily done for Kingdom Hearts 3, like a bunch of video game journalism sites have done interviews/questions with him in the past few days (probably from D23).

EDIT:
The full interview just got released: http://www.dualshockers.com/kingdom-hearts-3-interview-tetsuya-nomura/

And as I said, it's primarily KH3 oriented. Though the interviewer does ask about/mention the clickbaity reports a couple months ago that FFVII Remake and KH3 would take three to come out.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-...earts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areas

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/1...tory-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Translation summaries of a interview Nomura just did with Famitsu. Talks about how:
Although there are parts [of Final Fantasy VII Remake] further along than Kingdom Hearts III, such as cutscenes, it is unlikely we’ll share information for a while as we switch from mainly external to mainly internal development.
Plus how Nomura is able to work with the different Square Enix Business Divisions for KH3 and FFVII Remake.

But from the sounds of things, I'm guessing if were very lucky the Tokyo Game Show might have some FFVII Remake update/info, but if not it's liable we're gonna have to wait until the PlayStation Experience in December for a major update.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-...earts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areas

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/1...tory-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Translation summaries of a interview Nomura just did with Famitsu. Talks about how:
Although there are parts [of Final Fantasy VII Remake] further along than Kingdom Hearts III, such as cutscenes, it is unlikely we’ll share information for a while as we switch from mainly external to mainly internal development.
Plus how Nomura is able to work with the different Square Enix Business Divisions for KH3 and FFVII Remake.

But from the sounds of things, I'm guessing if were very lucky the Tokyo Game Show might have some FFVII Remake update/info, but if not it's liable we're gonna have to wait until the PlayStation Experience in December for a major update.

From the sound of things, we'll be lucky to get anything this year. It sounds an awful bit like they are redoing every single asset that CC2 was involved in. Otherwise they wouldn't be so cagey.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
From the sound of things, we'll be lucky to get anything this year. It sounds an awful bit like they are redoing every single asset that CC2 was involved in. Otherwise they wouldn't be so cagey.

I don't really think there is anything indicating that they are having to redo all the assets that CC2 was involved in, if anything the fact that they have so many cutscenes done, sounds like more evidence they are retaining everything. The current slowed development seems more due to the restructuring/reorganization switching to full internal development caused than anything else.

And while I agree info at the TGS game show is a lot less likely now than before, I still think there is a pretty good chance we'll see a major update at the PSX, since as stated before, even with FF Versus/XV, the longest gaps in major updates was never more than two years.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes

I don't really think there is anything indicating that they are having to redo all the assets that CC2 was involved in, if anything the fact that they have so many cutscenes done, sounds like more evidence they are retaining everything. The current slowed development seems more due to the restructuring/reorganization switching to full internal development caused than anything else.

When there is, in effect, a media blackout for such a massive game, including what exactly was the relationship and cut-off of CC2, I just can't believe that to be the case.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
When there is, in effect, a media blackout for such a massive game, including what exactly was the relationship and cut-off of CC2, I just can't believe that to be the case.

I really don't think this justifies comparison to a "media blackout", yeah Square Enix's community relations definitely leaves much to be desired, but I don't think a lack info can currently justify itself as evidence for previously created assets being completely/majority of scrapped.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
*Shrugs* I think it does and is a very justifiable remark. At the end of the day, it sounds like the team doesn't want their 'pride' tarnished, whichever way they see this, which led to the severing of ties with CC2. The lack of footage, that was specifically vetoed, at the Magic event preceding the announcement, I find also very telling. To me, this signals that CC2 will not end up with any credit on the Remake whatsoever. In order to ensure this, any assets that they developed or worked on will be touched up 'significantly' (whatever significant means within a legal construct) to allow this to occur.

That's just how I feel about events. If they suddenly come out with something at December, all the best, but I doubt we will ever see anything from the CC2 compiled trailer ever again as it was.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Which one was the CC2 trailer again? The concept teaser or the gameplay footage?

hian

Purist
I don't know if it makes sense to assume any assets will be remade, given that the assets themselves would still be property of Square regardless of whether or not they were made at CC2.
Consider the remake assets already used in Mobius.

However, there are definite suggestions that there's a serious issue with CC2 and Square. Have a look at the FFVII remake official website.
http://ffvii-remake.square-enix.com/

The last time I checkded it, a couple of months back, it had links two both trailers, and to G-Bike (with CC2 being credited if I remember correctly).
Now the site only features the reveal trailer, and there is no G-Bike there, and no reference to CC2.

So, not only are SE being extremely tight-lipped about the shift, they're also removing CC2 associated material from their official site.

I'll add the caveat that they might simply have removed it because the game has ceased its services. However, as far as I know, the G-Bike reference was there long after that happened.

EDIT :
I was on the wrong site.
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffvii_remake/

Japanese one has both trailers. The G-Bike stuff is gone there too though.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

I'd really always expected CC2 to do most of their work on the cutscenes, since that's what 90% of Asura's Wrath was (and they did that in efficiently compartmentalized teams per chapter), not to mention that massive parts of the Ultimate Ninja Storm games are cinematic cutscenes as well, so it's wholly unsurprising to me that they'd've put in a bunch of the legwork to get those parts in place. It very much makes sense that the Remake would be further along on that end of things than KHIII, and depending on what the pacing of that looks like it might've created some strife with them but without any sort of official information, it's super difficult to tell what happened exactly.

@hian: Can you use anything like the Wayback Machine that you can use to verify if there were once CC2 credits on the site that no longer exist? Because that change would be something worth mentioning if it's the case, but it'd need to be something we can be definitive about. Also, I don't see the removal of G-Bike being as big of a deal since that game's very much over at this point regardless of their current standing with CC2. The fact that both trailers are still on the Japanese site (which would be the most censored if they're being aggressive about distancing themselves) makes it seem like it might not be all as big a deal as your post makes it sound.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I had hoped that the reason they took down G-bike was because they intended to dissect the source code and integrate it directly into the remake. Now it looks very unlikely.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I had hoped that the reason they took down G-bike was because they intended to dissect the source code and integrate it directly into the remake. Now it looks very unlikely.

Given that we don't know what work CC2 did, it's still entirely possible that G-Bike-based things could be in the Remake. The biggest thing at this point is everything that we don't know making it seem like everything is definitely the worst.

All we DO know for certain is that the CC2 & SE relationship is different than it was for <reasons> with some hints of tension previously, but we don't know how or even IF that affects anything that's been done up to this point at all.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I quite liked the assets in the gameplay trailer :( well except for Barret's impractical sunglasses, CC2 can keep those.

Top Bottom