• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Pixel

The Pixie King
This is an interview vid from 97, but its interesting hearing about their approach to the game, especially what Uematsu says about his approach to the music.

NewQuixote

Lv. 1 Adventurer
By 'No new charachters' I do hope they are regarding this RE as a separate entity from the compilation. I felt it really messed with the game's symmetry to have Genesis show up with Sephiroth in the reactor in CC. It takes away from the extremely tight dynamic between Zack, Cloud, and Sephiroth, IMO. I think everything in the compilation so far, while not presented poorly by any means, does appear as fan-fiction, this is likely due to the fact that they accidentally created one of the most memorable games ever with the original haha. :) There's a typo in a poem by Nash that reads 'Brightness falls from the air' It was meant to say hair, but this typo cemented it as one of the great Elizabethan lines in Literature.

The original FF7 is kind of like that, it was a great game with a ridiculous marketing campaign, but the fact that it has stayed with us is a testament to the appropriate (and accidental) sensibility it managed to strike in us as players. The Remake, while I doubt it will capture that again, will nonetheless have better chances if they focus less on tying up loose ends with their spin offs and instead put their efforts into polishing all the rough edges the original contained, story and gameplay wise.

That's what I hope 'No New Charachters' means anyways haha :P

Pixel

The Pixie King
That could probably be doing with its own thread and a front page article :monster:

I think if we find more behind the scenes stuff, it would be more interesting. Id like to put more stuff like this on our youtube channel, and make it more of a hub for video content.

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
I'd be fine if the entire compilation died a slow painful death at the bottom of a cliff.

In flames.

With an extra dousing of gasoline, for good measure.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
IDK, I quite liked AC and CC, :monster:. The rest doesn't seem to impress a lot of people though.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I like all of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can fully acknowledge and recognize parts (some even fairly large) of CC, BC, DoC that were absurd or dumb, contradictory or contrived. The whole compilation is ridden with flaws. But I don't care, I love all of it. Is all FFVII to me.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
They weren't all received well (especially Genesis, gross), and they'd have to be pretty tactful with that.

Just saw this comment of yours; thank you for making me laugh by calling Genesis gross. :monster: I couldn't help it!

Though I don't care a whole lot for his character, I actually like the Nibelheim Incident more because of his inclusion.
Anyway, not on topic, but hey. :monster:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Lex

Administrator
I'm heading to the shops right now so I'll keep an eye out for this (since it seems to be the UK version) however none of that info from Nomura is new, it's just worded differently.

Although even if the magazine has nothing it's not a total loss. Because they contain this:

11709529_870005389703762_6919623425297127375_n.jpg

Pixel

The Pixie King
It says in last month's issue, "Look out for our interview with him next issue." So its just the interview they did at E3.

Lex

Administrator
They didn't have it in my local store (shocker >_>) but I'll go source it from somewhere else later. Will provide scans if I get it.

Lex

Administrator
It's a PS4 lightbar decal, they're fairly common :D. And you can get it with

THIS MONTH'S EDITION OF PLAYSTATION UK MAGAZINE FOR [!price] AT ALL GOOD NEWSAGENTS NEAR YOU

Meaning the newsagent I hit earlier was not good.

Lex

Administrator
There's a KHIII section too.

Bought it, scanning it in now, will provide links to scans shortly. Article someone?

hleV

Pro Adventurer
Dramatic changes, yet still recognizable. Sounds good to me. My guess is that they want to leave the complexity and quantity of actions that you can perform in battle, but in a more modern and less wait-for-your-turn way.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yoshinori Kitase
Gematsu (from Famitsu)
25/08/15
“We’re starting to see the visual direction,” Kitase said of the remake. “On the other hand, we’re currently working out the battle system and such through trial-and-error.”

“Since there’s a possibility that the command battle system of the old days might not work today, we’re thinking hard about what kind of direction we can take it.

“Normally, when you do a remake, it becomes somewhere along the lines of a familiar action RPG, so we’re looking at how we can put out something like Final Fantasy VII while still surprising players.

“Please don’t ask about how far into development we are and such. (Laughs.)”

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Tetsujin you son of a bitch, I was just looking for the thread to post that in. :haunter:

Top Bottom