• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm REALLY stoked that we're getting confirmation that there will be enemy affinities that are character-specific. For anyone who doesn't know what that's referring to, FFXV's enemies have type strengths / weaknesses specific to weapon types (in addition to the regular elemental whatnot). This sort of thing will make it so that there's likely more thought when it comes to party composition and optimization. Quite excited to see what the new enemies are gonna be.

Also stoked to see that there are gonna be dialogue options, as that'll REALLY open up replayability in going through all the scenarios compared to just the purely linear voice-acted option like it seemed like it might've become.

X :neo:

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Has SE ever bowed to pressure on something like this? Part of me wonders if the's gonna be less "restricted" come next build....

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
I don't understand why especially the ethical apartment made this, so called "artistical choices". It would mean that Tifa's design was morally concerning. It's like they shouting out, that the whole world should know:

"BIG BOOBS = EVIL!!!"

That would be hilarious...

Last edited:

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
All he really said was they need it to be in a bra that isn't made of tissue paper since they don't want her to look like a DOA reject. It's not like its an actual reduction of her chest....
that's how I understand Nomuras statement too. He is saying that they didn't want her breast to jiggle, just because it would look cheap compared to the other characters

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Was just on the way to post this. :monster: Knew it wouldn't be long before my "SJW Department" prophecy came true, and with headlines like this baiting knee-jerk reactions ... Well, you can see the comments already racking up on that article.

By the way, let's make a drinking game of this. Take a shot every time someone misquotes "restricted" as "reduced." :monster:

EDIT:
It's not like its an actual reduction of her chest....
How do you know that?

::takes half a shot::

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
At this point I think it's just ignore it.

This type of ignorant baiting and reactionary bullshit over the appearance of a character's chest is the type of shit that is not even worth engaging over. It's asinine.

No, her fucking chest wasn't reduced. Yes, she was given a new bra that properly holds her boobs in place so they don't smack her face or break her back while in combat.

If this bothers you, you're part of the problem. Starving this faux controversy any fuel will hopefully make it stop spreading.

People trying to foment outrage over this need to, as Cloud would say, "get help."

Lex

Administrator
It's been hitting me in slow waves that we get to spend something like another 5-15 years with new FFVII content to look forward to. I know it would have been nice to have the whole thing as a single game but my (many of our) favourite game of all time, favourite story of all time, favourite characters - we get to see them a whole lot more than I ever imagined possible. The original will always be there, but FFVII really has a future now. We get to talk about all this stuff, say things like "I really like the colour of that" or "I can't believe what they did with this scene!" and so on, for years and years to come. I'm so excited.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
It's been hitting me in slow waves that we get to spend something like another 5-15 years with new FFVII content to look forward to. I know it would have been nice to have the whole thing as a single game but my (many of our) favourite game of all time, favourite story of all time, favourite characters - we get to see them a whole lot more than I ever imagined possible. The original will always be there, but FFVII really has a future now. We get to talk about all this stuff, say things like "I really like the colour of that" or "I can't believe what they did with this scene!" and so on, for years and years to come. I'm so excited.

Long enough for when it is remade again for the holodeck, we will then have two games to compare it to, even if our eyesight is failing completely by then.....

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Maybe my first statement was a little premature, but didn't changed the argument about my concerns about how much influence the ethic department has over the project now and the future. It looked like the ED changed things on an already finished Tifa design. The changes they did and we know of, are focused on her clothes. We DON'T KNOW what else they changed. That was everything I was indicating, and that was the reason why I asked @FFShinra that question. No reason to make a big deal out of it... I thought (the most of us) are all adults here? :huh:

Top Bottom