Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I don’t like eyelet hems, is all, and the chevrons make it look ratty. The coat and boots are great (it’s too much to hope for shoulder pads post-1998 XD) and the colour is fine. It’s literally just the hem that bugs me.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I don’t like eyelet hems, is all, and the chevrons make it look ratty. The coat and boots are great (it’s too much to hope for shoulder pads post-1998 XD) and the colour is fine. It’s literally just the hem that bugs me.
For me, it's the hem, the color, and the "floof."

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Yeah, if that's what he means, then I agree. They haven't shown overly much concern about that previously.
Would be strange when they seeking for M, but the same time trying everything, to show no blood in battles. Sure, there is more content besides Blood\Gore to get the highest rating... but I doubt we will see anything like that.

I want to thank you @The Twilight Mexican and @ChipNoir for clarifying the "Ethics Department" mistranslation. Everthing makes more sense now, because the function of an ED is to give feedback about already existing material, but everyone said otherwise, and that confused the hell out of me.
Now that we know it's actually the guys from the rating management, I can already visualize how the conversation about Tifa's appearance transpired:

Nomura: ...so, we planned Tifa has still big tits
RM: that's alright, but are you guys want them to jiggle around, because that would give you a higher rating...
Nomura: nah, don't need to
RM: give her sports bra then
Nomura: alright
RM: good... next topic is...

Last edited:

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Dualshockers have their own take on the interview and it's a great read, for those who haven't read it already.
https://www.dualshockers.com/tetsuya-nomura-details-final-fantasy-7-remake/

My favorite part: "If one were to judge by appearance, Aerith seems like a beautiful but naive girl, while in truth she’s extremely strong-willed. Meanwhile, Tifa wears more revealing clothes, so one could think she’s confident in herself, but she actually keeps her thoughts bottled up inside and avoids imposing herself."

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Would be strange when they seeking for M, but the same time trying everything, to show no blood in battles. Sure, there is more content besides Blood\Gore to get the highest rating... but I doubt we will see anything like that.

I want to thank you @The Twilight Mexican and @ChipNoir for clarifying the "Ethics Department" mistranslation. Everthing makes more sense now, because the function of an ED is to give feedback about already existing material, but everyone said otherwise, and that confused the hell out of me.

I'm not sure that's been established with any degree of certainty. Just from what we have to review, there's no way of determining whether the production material of the original game was all that had been considered at that point in the department's guidance or if new material had been produced to be assessed -- and if new material did exist, whether it only existed as a design on paper.

OdaDaimyO said:
Now that we know it's actually the guys from the rating management ...

This is still a department internal to Square Enix, not a ratings board.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Haven’t seen this discussed or posted:

“Before changing the topic, Nomura also talked about Sephiroth, who had to be adjusted until just before the announcement. They had to include his 'fascinating' feature in which there is something scary about him despite his beautiful looks. The scene shown in the trailer was initially only emphasizing the scariness through the lighting from the flames, so Nomura and the team had to work hard to adjust the nuance. There are also more accessories added to his attire, and they used Dissidia Final Fantasy as a reference for this. They also added more details to his coat, including a stitching pattern which is supposed to resemble black feathers.”

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/8664-t...-and-kingdom-hearts-iii-remind-dlc-in-famitsu

Ite

AKA
Ite
I do not like the pluralization of materia as “materias” in that article. *shudder* euugghh it’s like calling it moneys. I really hope that’s just that writer and not the actual upcoming translation.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I do not like the pluralization of materia as “materias” in that article. *shudder* euugghh it’s like calling it moneys. I really hope that’s just that writer and not the actual upcoming translation.

My goodness are you quick to assume the worst, lol. Why would what is basically a glorified fan-translation indicate a change to the way it's officially referred to in English when every single extant example has "materia" as plural as well as singular?

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
*shrug* I dunno, it’s a new localization team, right? It’s not totally out of the question that they might pluralize it that way. I don’t assume they will, but I sure hope they don’t.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I dunno if this really counts as an "interview", and I keep forgetting to mention it (had a rough month, to put it lightly). But I asked John Bentley (voice of Barret) about how much he's able to improvise and whatnot. He said there is really none. It's a very tight script, with the writer always "onsite at all times". The idea is to "match the timing and intent of the Japanese takes." Right now, they're still recording little lines and they will do lip synchronization later.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I thought it may prove to be in disparity with what Max said about them doing it differently across all regions.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
By the way, I watched her Q&A she did on twitch afterwards. She doesn't give away anything (she was very aware of the NDA), but she did say the thing she liked about Aerith was that she was spunky. This despite the fact that she has not played the original game. Leads me to believe that Aerith won't be saccharine sweet boringness a la compilation.

Top Bottom