• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I don't know why, maybe because I'm a nerd, but the more they explain the multi-release the more it makes me think of Shenmue. I guess it's an association I have with it telling an epic epic story though very dense parts.

hian

Purist
Lex, my Dengeki interview is missing one sentence.

The first question dealing with the format of the game, the last paragraph by Kitase should be followed by one more line -
"By splitting the game, we want to deliver a complete content full volume remake
without cutting out content from the original game.".

I missed this line because it was squeezed in between two pictures in the original article rather than together with the rest of what he said.

hian

Purist
The interview will be out in the next physical copy of famitsu. This introduces a few issue for me translating it right away - because with a digital copy to work off of, looking up Kanji is going to be a pain in the ass, and because it's going to cost me money.I'll stop by a convinence store and have a look though.

hian

Purist
Nah, I'll pay for it myself, but I want to have a look at it first to see if it's worth it.To translate it I'm probably either going to have to dig out my electric dictionary or ask my wife to put furigana on the kanji I can't read (you have no idea how out of proportion my Japanese fluency to Japanese reading is, since I learned my Japanese primarily through use, not studies), and she's gonna hate that =p

So it's down to how much new information is in the interview versus time and effort it will take to translate it.

How expensive can it be anyways? 500 yen?

Edit :
Just asked my wife =p
I'm on. I'll buy thing when it's out on the 17th (or tomorrow night, since my local 7/11 usually stock up early), and do my best to have it up with scans and everything by the next day.

Last edited:

Pixel

The Pixie King
They want add delver further into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
They have an idea about the number of installments that will be released, but they’re not at the stage where they can say anything.
They’re not talking about online right now.
The scenario of the first part up until its ending is already complete.
They’re getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with Unreal Engine 4, since they’ve been using it with Kingdom Hearts III.
Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be more meaningful.
As for the cast, they’re continuing plans with the voice actors from Advent Children, but there are some that still haven’t been offered yet. Red XIII only made a cameo appearance, so his voice is likely to be changed.
Separate from Limit Breaks, there is another unique system. They can’t show it yet, but the it’ll be different depending on the player’s fighting style.
Nothing has been decided about guarding yet.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-one-scenario-complete#xxffqidDYh4hg4yb.99

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-one-scenario-complete

Lex

Administrator
Writing newspoast

EDIT: Where did you get the info about Nojima? Famitsu's website only mentions that Kitase and Nomura were interviewed again.

hian

Purist
Just got my hands on Famitsu. Will scan the interview, and start translating the moment I get my son to bed. Expect it to take a little while though as it's 3-4 pages long.

Edit : 8 pages in total, 1 introduction page, 7 with the interview broken up by images and some comments. They expand on world-building and the battle system etc. but a lot of it is a rehash from the earlier interview. In fact, it seems it's the same interview - simply that the one I translated first was but a section of the entire thing.

Last edited:

hian

Purist
Enjoy this while waiting for the translation, because it might take me a while.
In fact, it's so large that I can't release it in one installment without making it a "digest" version of the interview, so it's probably better if I split it up into parts =P LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Here are the scans (I had to reduce them to 20% of the original size because they were something like 4000*2000 pixels and at around 20MB a piece, but if someone wants higher quality for the graphics, just say so, or send me a PM) :

hzeVBgD.jpg

5VkGFzZ.jpg

eXqLlAx.jpg

bTYPxS8.jpg

v3sMZCe.jpg

6b8Y94B.jpg

JWBxvCe.jpg

fQZZHJ1.jpg

Album link
http://imgur.com/a/I3muJ

Last edited:

Kaneki

Banned
Enjoy this while waiting for the translation, because it might take me a while.
In fact, it's so large that I can release it in one installment without making it a "digest" version of the interview, so it's probably better if I split it up into parts =P LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Here are the scans (I had to reduce them to 20% of the original size because they were something like 4000*2000 pixels and at around 20MB a piece, but if someone wants higher quality for the graphics, just say so, or send me a PM) :

hzeVBgD.jpg

5VkGFzZ.jpg

eXqLlAx.jpg

bTYPxS8.jpg

v3sMZCe.jpg

6b8Y94B.jpg

JWBxvCe.jpg

fQZZHJ1.jpg

Album link
http://imgur.com/a/I3muJ

Thanks very much for this it looks awesome!
Love the look of the scans and the amount of detail on the buster sword you can now see. Though one question, who is the guy with the white hair in that screen with Cloud?

hian

Purist
Thanks very much for this it looks awesome!
Love the look of the scans and the amount of detail on the buster sword you can now see. Though one question, who is the guy with the white hair in that screen with Cloud]

That's the main character from the mobile game Mobius Final Fantasy, which is now doing a collaboration event thing to create press for the remake, where Cloud joins as a summon or party member or something like that. It's not from the actual remake.

EDIT :
It might actually not take that long. Most of this interview is a rehash of the original one on the famitsu site, with a few additional comments here and there.
For that reason, I'll just do the additional comments, add them to my previous translation and high-light them for clarity.
I'm not sure if I'll bother to translate stuff like captions on the images etc. as they are famitsu comments and have nothing of substance to say.

Last edited:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Nova Crystalis have summarized the article
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/...inal-fantasy-vii-remake-development-progress/

In this week’s issue of Famitsu, Final Fantasy VII Remake staff – including Tetsuya Nomura, Yoshinori Kitase and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima – shared a multitude of new information across the publication’s 8-page interview scoop. While we’ve already heard some bits and pieces earlier in the week concerning the game’s scenario progress, forum user Rin has provided several more important details.

Nomura says he didn’t know when he’d appear on the PSX stage until the day of the event, after he’d entered Moscone (name of the center in San Francisco where PSX was held).
Right about when the 7R project was gearing up, it was Hashimoto who said that he wanted the remake to have AC-level visuals. Since Nomura is AC’s director, the decision to have him direct 7R was a natural one.
Nomura knows that we (the fans) are worried about the remake project’s schedule, and he says that they (Square Enix) also want to play it ASAP. This is one of the contributing factors to their decision to split the game into several parts.
Some parts in the Compilation that have been difficult to understand will be connected better in the Remake.
Nojima was impressed by voiced Biggs, Jessica, and Wedge, and he sent a message to Nomura saying, “I want them to talk more!”
Part of the escape after the Bombing Mission will serve as a tutorial for the game.
Nomura says that he and Kitase are not able to discuss online components of the VII Remake at this time. They have to focus on the game first.
Nojima has finished the main scenario of the first part of the remake. All the team have left to do is add side stuff and flesh out side characters such as Jessica, Wedge, and Biggs.
Kitase: “I hope to resume voice recording in January. Is that all right with you?” Nomura: “Are we even allowed to say that here? (laugh)”
Real ≠ Photoreal “Real” is an important keyword for 7R, but Nomura says this does not mean photo realism. The “real” comes from maintaining integrity and unity of the world.
Cyber Connect2 may have put together the latest PV. Nomura complained about CC2’s difference in directing taste, and so they changed the trailer’s style to fit more of SE’s.
The Osaka Kingdom Hearts team are in what seems to be frequent contact with the VIIR team back in Tokyo. Specifically, the KH team relay to the VII team about what successes they’ve had with Unreal Engine 4.
Nomura says the Shinra soldiers will not reappear in future promotion because they have yet to be refined. Compared to Barret, their design is still very rough, and Nomura says that the soldiers need to be detailed or else they won’t appear real.
Nomura mentions that grains of asphalt looked too big when compared to the size of the characters. He admits that he spent forever getting them to look finer. Kitase also says they’re working hard to make the roads look good.
Nomura says the quality we’ve seen in the PV will only get better. This is not representative of the final product.
VII’s famous opening, where the camera zooms in all across Midgar, etc., will probably be changed in the remake.
The remake will have more scenes of people actually living in Midgar.
The Guard command is being investigated, but the option to dodge is still available.
Kitase says that VIIR’s “ATB” is different, and while they still call it that, its formal name will likely change.
Another system that is not yet shown involves your party. It is different from party cooperation, though.

In closure, here’s part of a message scenario writer Nojima had for the fans: “This enormous train, FFVII, will take a bit longer to reach your station. Please use this time to prepare yourselves for the journey and battles ahead.”

Lex

Administrator
Thanks for the scans, I've got them saved and will clean them up a bit in PS before posting them along with your translation.

EDIT: Omg Nojima with the train reference. You sweetie pie you <3

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
The remake will have more scenes of people actually living in Midgar.

YAY! And yay to like everything else!
My body's ready for this whenever it comes out. :neo:

Aya Lee

Pro Adventurer
Is Jessie short for Jessica? I hope that was just a translation error. How can you not know Jessie's name though if you played the game? lol Anyways, very cool! I agree with Flare, I can't wait to see people actually living on the pizza! I hope you can still go inside random people's houses and even their bathrooms, lmao. I think FF7 is the only game I've played where you see toilets. :wacky:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Some parts in the Compilation that have been difficult to understand will be connected better in the Remake.

Looks like we can put the whole Reboot argument to bed for good. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Top Bottom