Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Here is a better view of the Key Visual

C3fbSDoUkAAdueV.jpg

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Looking back at the key visual (because it is absolutely stunning to look at) I'm loving the juxtaposition of Sephiroth behind Shinra and Cloud facing opposite with the lights shining on him. That's pretty neat.

And I'm really glad that they took the criticism of Cloud onboard and buffed him up slightly. His physique looks better from the glimpse we can see. His hair also looks slightly shorter, but it's hard to tell from the back.

paleofan

Pro Adventurer
:fail:
Well, it's really over now. As expected, the event was a let-down and there's no damage controlling it. At least we learned a little about Sephiroth's appearance but with nothing more than a picture at this time, I've lost any hope for a 2017 release of the first part knowing Square Enix. Welp, I'm just going to focus on other things instead :awesomonster:

Last edited:
I remember how we were disappointed at FFVII's 15th Anniversary when at first all we seemed to get were stickers.

In the end that anniversary was improved because there was some event where Takahiro Sakurai and a few others talked at length about FFVII. Sakurai even voice-acted one of Cloud's bits in the original game. We also eventually got some nice magazine interviews with the minds behind FFVII and got to see official artwork that (I think) we hadn't seen before. But I don't remember how much of this actually happened on the day of the "first" anniversary. Take into account that the American anniversary, on September 7, is also an important date.

All this 20th Anniversary event gave us was an epic poster and a few announcements about FFVII in other titles. Better than just stickers, but I hope they'll compensate by featuring remake news in magazine articles soon.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Chin up guys. Hopefully they'll have a trailer ready in time for VII's 25th anniversary!

On a more serious note, I don't really care for the new key visual. Displaying Midgar on that dramatized slope just looks silly to me.

Had fun staying up with you all! Until next time!

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Yea it was fun, even if we did end up with virtually nothing.

To say this is the first time we are seeing the top of the Shinra building and Sephiroth in the Remake for what it's worth.

Also now there is a count of three separate releases on the 28th of March.

I wonder if the presence of Sephiroth's black wing in the poster is a sign that the remake will actually show Sephiroth with the wing, or if it's just there to boost the atmosphere of his "looming presence".

Since current canon has his black wing appear for the first time in Advent Children, it'd be interesting if they changed this to have the wing appear during the original game's continuity.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I wonder if the presence of Sephiroth's black wing in the poster is a sign that the remake will actually show Sephiroth with the wing, or if it's just there to boost the atmosphere of his "looming presence".

Since current canon has his black wing appear for the first time in Advent Children, it'd be interesting if they changed this to have the wing appear during the original game's continuity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Sephiroth's black wing iconicity is sorta like how the character Igor is to the Frankenstein mythos, he never actually appeared in the original novel or 1931 film (the assistant was named Fritz in the film), but is now considered a staple/integral aspect of the story.

I can only read like 10% of it.

--------

Top image:

Square Enix's FF Smartphone Title(s?)
Collaboration with FF7.

-

Something about "3 smartphone titles". (Looking at the site, those three titles are Mobius, Brave Exvius and Opera Omnia

-----------

Bottom Image:

2-day FF7 event?

"Fatal? Calling"

Something about a Cloud and Sephiroth event.

Bonus Content.

Something about a "bet?"

Please login.

-------------------

You'll need the other 90% of it to make sense of it all.

Last edited:
I now have the new FFVII remake poster as my phone background(s). The half with Sephiroth as my "phone is locked" background and the Cloud half as my standard background. Nice.

Since the Sephiroth half includes most of the Shinra Building it also matches my TLS avatar. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Yeah it's a nice image. Shame there wasn't more news but at least they acknowledged the event in some way, which is more than I'd hoped for in the end XD

Mandrake

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Could anyone translate these images for us to post on the front page?

Not front page quality this one but at least I tried. :wacky: In the bottom image the white part says something like “In early February starts a new FFVII collaboration event (*insert title here* what the heck is that even? Fatal Calling?) as well as Cloud and Sephiroth's new event(?)” and “Furthermore, in celebration of the 20th anniversary of FFVII & 10 million registered users you can also get various bonuses. Please sign in to take advantage of this opportunity.”

I spent way too much time figuring out those goddamn kanjis. In the end it wasn’t even anything interesting. Well, I'll take it as practice.

So...the Moebius trailer essentially acted as a kind of FFVII remake teaser. :lol: Thanks to D&D for the first link.

We have Cloud drifting through what could be compared to the lifestream but with different lens effects than is usually employed for that realm. I don't know what Sephiroth is saying, but Cloud's reply "Reunion" and the Black Materia(?) showing up suggests to me that Sephiroth is quoting or paraphrasing lines from the original game.

Seriously that feels so much like a preview of the remake.

Top Bottom