• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Oh yeah, Clouds ultimate weapon needs a total overhaul. It looked like some cheap piece of shit toy sword you'd win at a fun fair.

Excuuuuuuuuse me, it is badass as fuck - look how shiny and those prongy things? Totally functional

Ultima_Weapon_(Cloud).png

Don't know why Octo thinks the Ultimate weapon needs redesigning. I think it looks practically awesome. Fits perfectly for Cloud, even for any Final Fantasy game.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
The Ultima Weapon, at least the Dissidia version, does a pretty good job of evoking the industrial aesthetic of the game.

The colors also always reminded me of this:

latest

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
And Cloud_S, would you mind if we used the other enlarged images you've posted?

Sorry for the delay, I just got back in from work. Of course! By all means. :)

Here's the other image enlarged x4:

l9dBDSe.png

I also enlarged the key art for the hell of it. Now it's 3848x2160, if anyone needed something larger.

Couldn't upload to imgur, so trying this host: http://www.adk.pics/#/view/photo/uahvphwhxnsi13rp/FF7R_Keyart(x2.0).png

Cropped section of enlarged keyart:

jNqh9xX.png

Better for viewing details?

Last edited:
Don't think it's been posted yet...

“We’re currently brushing up the scene from the announcement trailer,” Kitase says. “We can now see the line of quality that we’re aiming for more clearly, but there’s still a ways to go.” The team’s goal is to carry this effort through the project’s multiple episode releases.

So how will they fill the gap while waiting for each episode? Kitase says they don’t have any plans to do another Final Fantasy VII Compilation-type project for now. Because they can’t release each volume in just a few months of each other, however, he says they’d like to think of a way to supplement the gaps to hold interest.

As for downloadable content, Kitase notes he’d like to use Final Fantasy XV as a reference. “A live stream or a program to keep in touch with the users is something I’d like to do, but Final Fantasy VII Remake will be episodic, and if we want to have it go all the way to the end of the original version, then I believe we’ll need to devote everything we got for it, so I have no idea what will happen for things such as filler development [between episodes] and other works.”

Currently the base of the battle system has been solidified. Kitase confirms both Tetsuya Nomura and Mitsunori Takahashi, who worked on the Kingdom Hearts series andDissidia Final Fantasy series, are putting their best into it. Although he can’t say much at the moment, he also stresses they won’t be removing any parts of the original FFVII that were well received, such as the Materia system.

In closing, Kitase hopes to show progress made on Final Fantasy VII Remake sometime this year. He thinks it would be nice if they could have it playable or a trailer for it at an event. Famitsu also asked him about a possible Final Fantasy VI Remake, to which he replied: “Right now, we’re working on Final Fantasy VII… The staff within the company are also saying [they’d like to remake it] but it’s on reserve.”

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/02/yoshinori-kitase-talks-final-fantasy-vii-remake-progress/

Probably a trailer at TGS? If so, looks like it's not a 2017 release. Might not even be an early 2018 release.

Last edited:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Remember when Square said they wanted to split up the game so it could come out quicker?

Seems like Remake part 1 will come on 7's 21st anniversary(not to the actual day). Funny because 21 is divisible by 7.
_____

Regardless I'm glad they gave us some kind of an update. I'm not expecting to see the Remake at MAGIC 2017, but would be surprised if we did.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
VOYhYKY.jpg
VWC6bPx.jpg

Nothing new probably, just thought it'd be nice to have the pages here.

Lex

Administrator
'tis a most satisfying coincidence indeed :monster:

I love how they're at least two years into development and they've "solidified the battle system". Solid progress there guys XD

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I love how they're at least two years into development and they've "solidified the battle system". Solid progress there guys XD

I think that with the still-recent release of XV, they probably got a lot of feedback on basic functionality for their combat system that means that that's where their team would logically be (re)focused most recently.

X :neo:

On the positive side, if they are FFXV-eing it up with the production length of this remake, the final product will be filled with GLORIOUS glitches that somehow aid in our love for the game.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Just out of curiosity is your "at least two years into development" statement based on something specifically stated in the above Famitsu interview? Or is it based on an extrapolation that the latest time/date when development could have started for the FFVII Remake was around winter in early 2015? (and the earliest time/date when development could have stated was winter in early 2014, as previously discussed a few months ago).

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
SNIP...

Probably a trailer at TGS? If so, looks like it's not a 2017 release. Might not even be an early 2018 release.

Darn. That sounds a heck of a ways off.

Couldn't this year's PAX East and E3 also a be a possibility for new info/trailer/content?

EDIT: A link to the translated Famitsu interview for posterity's sake (since the previous link was just a summary of it): http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/3...roducer-progress-might-take-final-fantasy-xv/

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
SNIP...

Darn. That sounds a heck of a ways off.

Couldn't this year's E3 also a be a possibility for new info/trailer/content?

We'd be lucky to get another trailer or two of the remake this year, because there's no way the game will release this year, let alone next year. If anything, we'll be seeing KH3 next year first(hopefully) and then part 1 of the Remake in early 2019 because both are huge projects and KH3 has been in development since 2013 while FFVII Remake just started in late 2015, and the former had more work and showing done than the latter.

paleofan

Pro Adventurer
Damn, I really wanted to be excited about this game but Square Enix is making it real hard. To be honest, I already started to boycott Square Enix since 2013 or 2014 because I had enough of their devious ways: milking on people's nostalgia, this "hype first, think after" mentality, making as much spin-offs as they can, no shame using big names such as "Final Fantasy" for everything they produce, including poor quality mobile games, and since recently DLCs and unfinished games. In my opinion, Square Enix would be nothing without it's glorious past (and incredible marketing budget) and I'm really against how they operate as a company. So why am I here? Because I just frickin love FF7, and I though there was no way they could misfire a remake of this game. I've been optimistic about it all along and I truly believed the multi part release was for good reasons but now I realize it's obviously not, with them not knowing where they are going for the future (which means this remake business won't end anytime soon if it bring them enough money) and taking FF15 as a reference (really?). I have no doubt the remake will be some quality games and I'm pretty sure I'll still buy it because it's FF7 but it's already clear it'll all be in the image of the company: greedy and centered around money rather than love for the game.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
greedy and centered around money rather than love for the game.
First and foremost Square-Enix is a private bussiness company, it is NOT your friend nor a charity company and they never were since their Squaresoft days otherwise why did they make you pay money for VII?

I´d like to know what you as define here as greedy and love in this context?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
The original FFVII is a videogame, made by a company, but it is also art. It's not Candy Crush - whose sole purpose is generating profit.

So, it's reasonable to expect that the remake - which will undoubtedly generate a huge profit for SE regardless- will also be a well crafted and well thought out videogame.

It's like if a band decided to reissue/remaster a classic album, you're going to want them to do a good job of it, not 10 minutes arsing about in a mixing suite and pumping out an inferior product just to cash in on their back catalogue.

Sure, nobody is obliged to buy it, but they're entitled to call it out if it looks like a company of creatives are taking the piss and going through the motions. Not saying that is definitely the case here.

Can't speak for paleofan, but I'd define 'greedy' as them putting out an inferior product knowing that they'll turn a profit anyway (unless the game was broken/unplayable of course)

'Love' in this instance I'd define as the creators having a genuine interest and care about their work, wanting to revisit the story when they can now take advantage of the advances made in videogames over the last 20 years.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Found some higher quality scans of the Famitsu interview with Kitase for those who are interested. Seems like there is more info in these scans than what the Siliconera article translated, so maybe it's source (http://gamestalk.net/post-74267/) was just a summary of of the interview as well?
tumblr_okpczagaot1vsb5ezo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_okpczagaot1vsb5ezo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_okpczagaot1vsb5ezo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_okpczagaot1vsb5ezo4_1280.jpg

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The original FFVII is a videogame, made by a company, but it is also art. It's not Candy Crush - whose sole purpose is generating profit.

So, it's reasonable to expect that the remake - which will undoubtedly generate a huge profit for SE regardless- will also be a well crafted and well thought out videogame.

It's like if a band decided to reissue/remaster a classic album, you're going to want them to do a good job of it, not 10 minutes arsing about in a mixing suite and pumping out an inferior product just to cash in on their back catalogue.

Sure, nobody is obliged to buy it, but they're entitled to call it out if it looks like a company of creatives are taking the piss and going through the motions. Not saying that is definitely the case here.

Can't speak for paleofan, but I'd define 'greedy' as them putting out an inferior product knowing that they'll turn a profit anyway (unless the game was broken/unplayable of course)

'Love' in this instance I'd define as the creators having a genuine interest and care about their work, wanting to revisit the story when they can now take advantage of the advances made in videogames over the last 20 years.

I agree with all this...it's just that Square very rarely strikes me as this. When they screw up it almost always seems to be more a matter of ineptitude or poor decision-making rather than greed. They never strike me as a Ubisoft, Activision, EA, or Konami. Just...hapless at times, lol. Their first few attempts at mobile games absolutely smacked of greed, but Record Keeper and Exvius really turned that around.

When XIV bombed, they completely rebuilt it from the ground up while not charging anyone who was crazy enough to play the original. I've never seen another company do that. Versus must have been a massive sunk cost and they did nothing but dump MORE money into it to try and make something of it. And they're adding whole story scenes for free (which I hope isn't a precedent, but it's not really greedy). People may well have legitimate reasons for disliking XIII, but corporate greed clearly wasn't the case. They spent 5 years on it, a company thinking only of the bottom line would not waste so much time polishing rocks.

And with the remake, I wish it weren't going to be split in parts...but unless the release proves me otherwise, that doesn't seem to be coming from a place of greed either, but rather extreme ambition. We'd probably all have been perfectly happy with something far simpler than what they're making.

Square "We can't believe Westerners like Bravely Default even though that's the type of game that made us famous in the first place" Enix always seems stupid to me, not greedy. Again, with the exception of something like All the Bravest, I never get the impression that they "shit a game out." Rather if they release a bad game it's always something that all this care went into and you're just left wondering "what were they thinking?"

(Now, Square Europe with their Hitman drip-feed and Deus Ex preorder shenanigans is an entirely different beast.)

Top Bottom