• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm more bothered that his face is reflected (?) in the sword that is behind him and also facing the wrong way :monster:

Anyway cheer up guys, Stranger Things 2 is on it's way and we only have to wait until October for that :wacky:

That light show is the saving grace for the snow sculpture. The way that the light paints the snow is a marvel. 0:46 is an excellent moment because for a brief moment it looks like the snow version of Sephiroth comes to life.

I genuinely enjoy watching it and HOLY LIFESTREAM that is a high quality video upload! Not only 1440p available, but 2160p as well. o__O That's nuts.

Could somebody tell me what is going on from 0:40 - 1:02 and 1:21 - 1:34? Does anybody know the source of those three red orb clips?

The way the music is slowed down from 01:31 - 01:52 is also an auditory delight. Quite ominous. I could easily see this used for several FFVII cutscenes.

Is the message "see you... next winter" a nod to visitors of the snow festival event...or a nod to FFVII fans awaiting more FFVII remake news?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Could somebody tell me what is going on from 0:40 - 1:02 and 1:21 - 1:34? Does anybody know the source of those three red orb clips?
I think it's some of the original animation that went into this, like the lightning at the beginning or the shatter effect.

Shademp said:
Is the message "see you... next winter" a nod to visitors of the snow festival event...or a nod to FFVII fans awaiting more FFVII remake news?

Nomura: "Well, what do you think? If indeed it was Aeris remake news, then the bit in the ending was the answer. You might say it was made so that you can take it that way. Cloud FFVII is a popular character game, and I don’t really want to decide myself, yes he the remake is like this. Because players make strong conclusions by themselves, I want to leave room for everyone’s line of thought.”

:monster:

Lex

Administrator
Nomura: "Well, what do you think? If indeed it was Aeris remake news, then the bit in the ending was the answer. You might say it was made so that you can take it that way. Cloud FFVII is a popular character game, and I don’t really want to decide myself, yes he the remake is like this. Because players make strong conclusions by themselves, I want to leave room for everyone’s line of thought.”

We align so closely on our opinion of Nomura it's not even funny. Sometimes I struggle to comprehend how people don't share this line of thinking, but then I remember I have you and that's all that matters because shit like this quote literally just sum up his entire being XD. He is a ball of extreme frustration.

please look forward to it

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
We align so closely on our opinion of Nomura it's not even funny. Sometimes I struggle to comprehend how people don't share this line of thinking, but then I remember I have you and that's all that matters because shit like this quote literally just sum up his entire being XD. He is a ball of extreme frustration.

please look forward to it

A ball of extreme frustration with a stupid sense of humor.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

VII Remake releasing in winter, I'm sure.

The winter of our lives.

We can only dream. A new trailer or two along with new KH3 trailers(and a release date for at least august 2018), hopefully, but not either of the games themselves.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201702/07126346.html

Apparently Nomura answered some more questions at the snow sculpture event.

Was also able to find a Twitter that partially translated some highlights from the article.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If I am understanding this correctly, I guess there will be a significant surprise info release sometime later this year at a video game event or something I guess?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 5.30.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 5.30.28 PM.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 5.30.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 5.30.19 PM.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 163

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think the red/purple orb things are some original animation to make summoning Bahamut and Meteor more sense.

Also, Clerith confirmed :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
At around 0:46, we zoom into the yellow-trimmed entrance to a mako reactor. That has literally been the most exciting thing Square Enix has done for me since 2015.

It's actually quite an impressive sculpture, and the light show was well done.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...Fantasy-7-Remake-VII-release-date-update-news

Apparently Nomura is going to be attending the Monaco Anime Game International Conference as an advertised guest, so there's some speculation that there might be some info update on the Remake there, though personally I'm not holding my breath for much more than restating of information already known. But I figured this was still worthwhile to bring to the site's attention.

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Woah. The entire game already? That's actually really neat as it means that they have meticulously planned out all the story and the individual 'parts' of the game to the letter.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Well, it's probably just part 1, and probably just the main story stuff, not random npcs and stuff.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
What Pixel said. :monster: The quote was メインの物語のボイス収録はほぼ終了 -- "The voice recording for the main story is almost finished." If all the NPCs get voice recording too, then they're probably still nowhere near done.

Here's a photo of the page, by the way, but I've yet to identify what magazine this is:

http://i.imgur.com/QtbDDUg.jpg

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Excellent news! In Japanese, I assume? What do you mean by pre-AC? Who is cast?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'm just really happy to hear that Kitase has made a dichotomy between "AC" Cloud and "Prime" (pre-AC) Cloud. As someone who has lost a bit of interest in the character due to his more "mopey" appearances in other titles, this has me slightly relieved.

Top Bottom