• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Good point actually about April. I didn't think of that. They probably do plan this stuff to align with the fiscal years.

If something is coming in April though, we're gonna need to hear about it quite soon. They surely want to give people a few weeks notice.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
If only. I was literally in an argument with a guy who told me it was "impossible". In fact I was arguing the Midgar-only point right up to the trailer reveal. Oh well.
TELL THEM @Kain424 SENPAI!!!

It was my dream to have a full explorable Midgar, since I played the OG! But I never thought one second about, this would ever become a thing.
I was not interested in the Remake before, would it not be for the announcement of the multi-part structure, following the interviews about expanding Midgar, and the possibility about Midgar getting his own game, I would've never been here...

His-lost--thought-face-just-makes-you-want-touch.gif

Last edited:

hleV

Pro Adventurer
Midgar does seem like an interesting enough city to spend the entirety of a game in. It makes sense for Square not to have done that with OG, but now we can finally have that, in all its glory.

Other places may not have the potential of being expanded as much, so it could still be 2 part or 3 part game.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
After Midgar it's Kalm/Nibelheim/Mount Nibel, the swamp, the Mythril Caves, the forests where you meet Yuffie, Fort Condor, the city of Junon (big setpiece), the freighter, Costa del Sol, the Corel Mountains, North Corel/Gold Saucer/Corel Prison (another big setpiece), Gongaga, Cosmo Canyon (you are here a good while), Nibelheim again and as has been shown in articles here, Cloud's flashback Nibelheim and recreated Nibelheim are different in a thousand tiny ways.

At this point you've explored the span of two continents, as opposed to the single city of Midgar, which requires two BR discs. Then you get the Tiny Bronco in Rocket Town and you gain access to the Wutai continent, the Northern continent and the southern/Mideel continent. I can't see that happening in Part 2 anymore. I feel they're gonna have to cut it at the return to Nibelheim, have the confrontation with Sephiroth there be more then a Destruction Materia thrown at Cloud's head or fall short scaling up the world outside of Midgar to even remotely the same degree as the world inside Midgar. Or Part 2 is a small bookcase of discs you pick at the store in 2022~.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
After Midgar it's Kalm/Nibelheim/Mount Nibel, the swamp, the Mythril Caves, the forests where you meet Yuffie, Fort Condor, the city of Junon (big setpiece), the freighter, Costa del Sol, the Corel Mountains, North Corel/Gold Saucer/Corel Prison (another big setpiece), Gongaga, Cosmo Canyon (you are here a good while), Nibelheim again and as has been shown in articles here, Cloud's flashback Nibelheim and recreated Nibelheim are different in a thousand tiny ways.

At this point you've explored the span of two continents, as opposed to the single city of Midgar, which requires two BR discs. Then you get the Tiny Bronco in Rocket Town and you gain access to the Wutai continent, the Northern continent and the southern/Mideel continent. I can't see that happening in Part 2 anymore. I feel they're gonna have to cut it at the return to Nibelheim, have the confrontation with Sephiroth there be more then a Destruction Materia thrown at Cloud's head or fall short scaling up the world outside of Midgar to even remotely the same degree as the world inside Midgar. Or Part 2 is a small bookcase of discs you pick at the store in 2022~.

Whether it's for Part 2 or 3, they'll have to render the whole world eventually. Why not make the flow of the games match the story's 3-act structure?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
It must be tough doing a press tour for Part 1 of a remake. So many of our favorite moments are after Part 1's endpoint, so the focus has to be on getting people hyped for this installment. Give us an inch, and we'll only be talking about Vincent or whatever and before you know it, the hype train for the engine car is getting crushed by the caboose. So I don't expect anything but half answers and couched intentions for their plans beyond Midgar.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I wouldn't doubt AVALANCHE members being playable at some point here, which makes me wonder how much other stuff they plan on changing. I am wondering if they will throw in some of the more popular characters from the original game.

Obviously I hope not, and what I've seen has won me over is an incredible way (as optimistic as I've been over the years with regard to a Remake, I was getting pretty cynical by the time 2015 rolled around), but there exists the possibility they are only showing us things they know we already know and like. They do seem to know exactly what we want, and I am very impressed. But damn.

I'm still sticking with my initial prediction:
1 - Midgar (confirmed)
2 - Kalm to Northern crater (Meteor summoning, Weapons emerge)
3 - Rest

All my arguments about a Midgar 1st game were based entirely on your suppositions.

Top Bottom