• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Merchandise

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
I put down my preorder pretty quickly when I saw it on facebook, the only thing that kills me is due to being released in different months, postage is always a big ticket item PER SHIPMENT. I wish there was a way to amalgamate it to keep the postage cost down.

In saying that, if I were to buy them in Australia, they would still be like $50AUD approx. more than doing it through Ami Ami.... so I should just shut up :P

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I got Tifa and Barret for now:) Must. Resist. Urge. To. Buy. More
It's this awful slow burn. I originally just wanted a Vincent figure so I could use it for drawing reference, then they released advent children Cloud and I was like "well, I should get him too." Then I buy Rufus so I can run a fake presidential campaign for him (don't ask) and suddenly here I am with like 13 of the things.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It's this awful slow burn. I originally just wanted a Vincent figure so I could use it for drawing reference, then they released advent children Cloud and I was like "well, I should get him too." Then I buy Rufus so I can run a fake presidential campaign for him (don't ask) and suddenly here I am with like 13 of the things.
Lol you definitely went down the rabbit hole to ff7 collectibles oblivion

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
I'm terribly shattered to report that my package that was coming.... was coming.... it's now turned back because Japan have stopped shipments to/from Australia.... freakin sighhhhhh......!!!!!! I thought the dude had shot it off early enough (27th March) and it would be well and truly on its way!

FFS!!!!!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm terribly shattered to report that my package that was coming.... was coming.... it's now turned back because Japan have stopped shipments to/from Australia.... freakin sighhhhhh......!!!!!! I thought the dude had shot it off early enough (27th March) and it would be well and truly on its way!

FFS!!!!!
I'm sorry for your loss.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
I'm sorry for your loss.

I hope it's not a bloody loss considering the coin handed the F over!!!!!

I just don't understand WTF took the buggers so bloody long to get it on a freakin boat/plane and to Australia FFS!!! (insert Barret voice... I crack the shits and have a short fuse like he does, I think that's why I love him so much... we have so many similar traits!)

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
(I hope this is the appropriate thread, but...) IT CAMMMMMEEEEE!!!!

Now it lives behind my most precious Aeris statue in my middle (most special) cabinet till I hook up my decks to actually play the music LOL!

Attachments

• IMG20200417174131.jpg
    IMG20200417174131.jpg
    998 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20200417174446.jpg
    IMG20200417174446.jpg
    887.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20200417174555.jpg
    IMG20200417174555.jpg
    828.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG20200417174832.jpg
    IMG20200417174832.jpg
    754.2 KB · Views: 13

gapone

Lv. 1 Adventurer
(I hope this is the appropriate thread, but...) IT CAMMMMMEEEEE!!!!

Now it lives behind my most precious Aeris statue in my middle (most special) cabinet till I hook up my decks to actually play the music LOL!
Could not wait to play it on my turntable. Here is the sample, just for you guys!
TBH the selection could be better but still - the package is sick.

I love those polygonal figures. But what does this small print mean?
Set of eight box version... No matter what figure you get it will be a great fun addition to any classic Final Fantasy VII collection!
and
Please Note:
•Each blind box contains one of 8 different designs, with a chance it could be the special ''Chaser'' figure.
•Each display is not guaranteed to contain the full set of figures as each individual figure comes in a blind box.

What is a 'blind box'? How can I buy a 'set of eight' box version that isn't guaranteed to contain the complete set? How can it be a 'set of eight' when there's only 7 figures in total - Barret, Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Red XIII, Sephiroth and Reno?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I love those polygonal figures. But what does this small print mean?

and

What is a 'blind box'? How can I buy a 'set of eight' box version that isn't guaranteed to contain the complete set? How can it be a 'set of eight' when there's only 7 figures in total - Barret, Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Red XIII, Sephiroth and Reno?
The product is meant to be displayed in stores, where the customer can buy one of 8 boxes with a chance of getting any one of the figures. Since we're basically just buying a store display, you're guaranteed to get the 7 normal figures (Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII, Aerith, Reno, Sephiroth) but there's a much rarer "chaser figure" that isn't guaranteed to come with the display. So you either get that figure (girl Cloud) or you get a double of one of the other 7. Welcome to loot boxes, friend.

Many thanks to @lithiumkatana17 for the tip to put the Cloud figurine's tight hands in hot water to make them more malleable. It worked wonders, without deforming the hand or damaging the paint. Can also confirm in my test that the hand doesn't shrink its hole back to original size, so it doesn't get stuck on Cloud's wrist like a mountain. The hand remains firmly attached, easily able to hold the Buster Sword, but not so hard you can't switch hands.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Final Fantasy VII Remake PLAY ARTS Kai Sephiroth (AmiAmi)
Final Fantasy VII Remake PLAY ARTS Kai Sephiroth (Amazon JP)
Release Date: Feb-2021 | Price: 12,200JPY | Size: W148mm x D53mm x H283mm
eLXkAwK.jpg

wxZ4BHG.jpg

Final Fantasy VII Remake PLAY ARTS Kai Reno (AmiAmi)
Final Fantasy VII Remake PLAY ARTS Kai Reno (Amazon JP)
Release Date: Dec-2020 | Price: 12,200JPY | Size: W78mm×D36mm×H276mm
gHijEvo.jpg

duDDiZe.jpg

Final Fantasy VII Remake PLAY ARTS Rude (AmiAmi)
Final Fantasy VII Remake PLAY ARTS Kai Rude (Amazon JP)
Release Date: Jan-2021 | Price: 12,200JPY | Size: W83mm×D48mm×H278mm
3ZtZTmG.jpg

V0vyLHl.jpg

My Japanese copy of the FFVIIR World Preview book (which will have an official English release by September) just arrived. Wish I could scan some pages but my printer cable finally gave out. Time to order a new one.

In the meantime, I still went through the effort to transcribe Yoshinori Kitase's opening statements to the book. Short version: Nothing of interest is said here. :wacky:

『ファイナルファンタジーVII』と言えばクラウドやセフィロスを中心としたキャラ
クターたちと、美麗なCGで表現された「圧倒的な世界観」が印象的でした。とく
にスチームパンク要素をベースとした近未来都市ミッドガルは当時のファンを魅
了し、それまでの『FF』とは違う新しいファンタジーの形を体験することができ
ました。
しかし……それも23年前の話。いまではそのCGもクラシックなものになってし
まいました。本作『ファイナルファンタジーVIIリメイク』で開発チームはその「圧
倒的な世界観」を現代に蘇らせる事にチャレンジしています。オリジナル版では
ヴィジュアルにまだデフォルメ感が残っていて建物のディティールなどは甘いも
のでしたが、よりリアリティにこだわりミッドガルに存在感を持たせています。
それによって前とは違う新しい魅力をミッドガルにもたらしています。
一方で、オリジナル版のファンが当時プレイしたイメージを壊すことがないよう
注意を払っています。オリジナル版のファンの方の頭の中には、クラッシックな
グラフィックスも23年の時の中で、美麗な世界観に変換されて記憶に残ってい
ます。本作ではいわゆる「思い出補正」に対しても期待に応えるように細心の注意
を払って制作しました。

オリジナル版のファンの方も、新しいゲームファンの方もそれぞれの『ファイナ
ルファンタジーVII』を楽しんでいただけたらと思っています。

ゲーム本編をプレイする前の予習として、もしくはプレイ後により深く世界観を
理解するために本書を楽しんでいただけたらと思います。

PRODUCER
北瀬 佳範
Yoshinori Kitase

Speaking of "Final Fantasy VII", the characters centering on Cloud and Sephiroth and the "overwhelming world view" expressed in beautiful CG were impressive. Especially, the futuristic city Midgar, which is based on the steampunk element, attracted fans at that time and was able to experience a new fantasy shape different from the previous "FF".

But…that was 23 years ago. Now that CG is also classic. In this work "Final Fantasy VII Remake", the development team is challenging to bring back its "overwhelming world view" to the present age. In the original version, the visual still had a feeling of deformation, and the details of the buildings were sweet, but the reality is more focused and Midgar has a presence. This brings a new charm to Midgar that is different from before.

On the other hand, we are careful not to destroy the image that the original version fans played at the time. In the minds of fans of the original version, the classic graphics have been transformed into a beautiful world view in 23 years, and remain memorable. This work was created with great care to meet the expectations for so-called "memory correction".

We hope that both original version fans and new game fans will enjoy each "Final Fantasy VII".

I hope you enjoy this book as a preparation before playing the main part of the game, or to understand the world view more deeply after playing.

PRODUCER
Yoshinori Kitase

EDIT: And here are Tetsuya Nomura's words that close out the book. Again, nothing new here.

自分が『ファイナルファンタジー』の開発に携わったのは『V』からでした。『V』の
バトルの面白さと奥深さに、開発中何度も繰り返し遊んでいました。次の『VI』で
は、魅力的なキャラクターを生み出すべく、開発一同争うようにエピソードのア
イデアを出し合っていました。
そして迎えた『VII』は、ハードも初めて次世代機と呼ばれる物になり、これまでと
まったく違った作り方になると言われ、開発当初、これまでの自分のノウハウが
活かせないのではないかと不安に思うのと同時に、それまでは実現しそうになか
った事でも盛り込めるんじゃないかと可能性も広がっていました。『V』のバトル
の楽しさ、『VI』の魅力的なキャラクターたち、それらの経験を経て、可能性を集
約し、完成したのがオリジナル版の『VII』でした。

それから10年近い時を経て、コンピレーションという形で『VII』のスピンオフ作
品をいくつか作りました。『VII』開発当時から、その世界観とキャラクター達への
アイデアは10年経っても尽きていなかったのです。

更に10年近い時を経て、遂に『ファイナルファンタジーVII リメイク』が制作され
ました。オリジナル版から20年以上の時を経て、多くのタイトルを制作し、『VII』
の世界に描く夢も鍛錬され、ここに帰って来たように思います。

おかえりなさいの方も、初めてこの地を踏みしめる方も、まずはその一端を感じ
てみて下さい。

DIRECTOR & CONCEPT DESIGN
野村 哲也
Tetsuya Nomura

It was from "V" that I was involved in the development of "Final Fantasy". During the development, I was playing with the fun and depth of the "V" battles over and over again. In the next "VI", we were discussing the ideas of the episodes so that all the developers would compete
to create an attractive character.
The "VII" that we welcomed would be the next-generation machine for the first time in hardware, and it was said that it will be a completely different way of making, and at the beginning of development, I was afraid that my know-how I had accumulated may not be utilized. At the same time as I thought, the possibilities were widespread that I could include things that were unlikely to happen until then.
The fun of the battle of "V", the charming characters of "VI", and the experience of those experiences brought together the possibilities and completed the original version of "VII".

It's been nearly 10 years since then, and we've made some spin-offs for VII in the form of the Compilation. From the time of the development of "VII", the idea of the world and the characters hadn't been exhausted even ten years later.

Finally, after nearly 10 years, "Final Fantasy VII Remake" was finally produced. After more than 20 years since the original version, I made many titles, and the dreams of drawing in the world of "VII" were trained, and I think I came back here.

Whether you are welcome back or stepping on this land for the first time, please feel a part of it.

DIRECTOR & CONCEPT DESIGN
Tetsuya Nomura

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I like the Reno and Rude. Also, finally.

This Rude figure actually bears a striking resemblance to one of my coworkers.
He loves snowboarding, so now I'm gonna imagine the FFVII snowboarding minigame except with Rude's field model instead of Cloud's whenever he talks about it.

The irony is that he is actually very talkative. He's also one of the very few people I feel I can have a "real" conversation with at work, beyond, like, work stuff, or the weather.

Top Bottom