Remake Merchandise

Saven

Pro Adventurer
I'm going to wait and see if all the songs will be included on the soundtrack. "Select tracks" concerns me.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I mean, one day we're going to die and the discs will stop functioning, if you bought it you might as well just use it.

Also it will be soon be replaced by a super special edition down the road, capitalism sucks.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I mean, one day we're going to die and the discs will stop functioning, if you bought it you might as well just use it.

Also it will be soon be replaced by a super special edition down the road, capitalism sucks.
Well, that's certainly one way of looking at it! Only functional CD player I have is in my car though, and I usually just listen to the radio in my car.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
It doesn't say 'Select tracks' though...

Looks like it got updated. I remember there was a discussion about it a week ago when news of the OST first dropped. Thankfully that means everything will be included (usually always is with all the Square OSTs I buy). Great news!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you got all 8, then no you're not stupid. Cause you ensured getting the rarest figure, Crossdress-Cloud. :monster:

The box sets of 8 include the 7 main figures in the set. It's not truly "random." A box will have 7 different characters. The actual random chance is if the 8th box will be Cloud crossdressed or a duplicate of the 7. That's why it's so expensive, it's the chase figure.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
If you got all 8, then no you're not stupid. Cause you ensured getting the rarest figure, Crossdress-Cloud. :monster:

The box sets of 8 include the 7 main figures in the set. It's not truly "random." A box will have 7 different characters. The actual random chance is if the 8th box will be Cloud crossdressed or a duplicate of the 7. That's why it's so expensive, it's the chase figure.
I do not read the description like that at all

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah, Mako, I think you've got it wrong. These two bullet points:
  • Each blind-box contains one of 8 different designs, with a chance it could be the special ''Chaser'' figure.
  • Each display is not guaranteed to contain the full set of figures as each individual figure comes in a blind box.
really sound to me like each box is random.

EDIT: no, I'm the idiot, Mako knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, Mako, I think you've got it wrong. These two bullet points:
  • Each blind-box contains one of 8 different designs, with a chance it could be the special ''Chaser'' figure.
  • Each display is not guaranteed to contain the full set of figures as each individual figure comes in a blind box.
really sound to me like each box is random.
I'm reading it the same way as Mako. Why only specify there's a chance the Chaser could be included if the chance applies to all of them?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've changed my mind. :monster: I think they're all random.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I've been buying these type of collectible figures for years, from various manufacturers including Square-Enix, and while the legalese conveys they're completely random, that's because the purchase of a random individual box, does not guarantee any particular figure, and could be the secret.

However, what you're pre-ordering and buying from the S-E store is essentially a display box. A box that would be displayed at a retail establishment that would allow the purchasing of these boxes, individually. That's why they're individually blinded boxed, even when sold by the display box.

The retail box, or case, contains a set. A set of figures that make up the main set, which in this case, are the 7 characters. However, there's an 8th individual box that could potentially be the secret figure, or a duplicate.

Someone going into a store and purchasing these figures one by one, would have no guarantee or knowledge of what the potential figure would be. Buying the entire case or display box however gives you the main set. And maybe the chase.

This is why on the secondary market they're all relatively the same price, however Crossdress Cloud is exorbitantly priced. Because they're are less of that figure than the rest. It's scarce. But the others? They're all in a box.

You're gonna get a case and open them up to find 5 Aeriths and 1 Barret. That's not how it works because then no one would buy the cases, stores or individuals. They have to maintain a variety for individual buyers so that they will buy up a box, and chase the secret.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I've been buying these type of collectible figures for years, from various manufacturers including Square-Enix, and while the legalese conveys they're completely random, that's because the purchase of a random individual box, does not guarantee any particular figure, and could be the secret.

However, what you're pre-ordering and buying from the S-E store is essentially a display box. A box that would be displayed at a retail establishment that would allow the purchasing of these boxes, individually. That's why they're individually blinded boxed, even when sold by the display box.

The retail box, or case, contains a set. A set of figures that make up the main set, which in this case, are the 7 characters. However, there's an 8th individual box that could potentially be the secret figure, or a duplicate.

Someone going into a store and purchasing these figures one by one, would have no guarantee or knowledge of what the potential figure would be. Buying the entire case or display box however gives you the main set. And maybe the chase.

This is why on the secondary market they're all relatively the same price, however Crossdress Cloud is exorbitantly priced. Because they're are less of that figure than the rest. It's scarce. But the others? They're all in a box.

You're gonna get a case and open them up to find 5 Aeriths and 1 Barret. That's not how it works because then no one would buy the cases, stores or individuals. They have to maintain a variety for individual buyers so that they will buy up a box, and chase the secret.
Okay, that makes sense. Sorry, the wording had me confused. Nobody would get this if they could just end up with 5 Clouds and three Tifas. I guess doing it this way lets the chaser figure of Girl Cloud keep its rarity.

Top Bottom