AKA
Ody
efb3go2tjcm41.jpg

Coming when square? I NEED them.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Bit stingy of them to sell the older version of Cloud with the 1st Class Edition - probably won't bother with the new Cloud but I'll need that new Barret.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...How is it improved? I mean, the current FFVII R PAK Cloud looks incredible, and I'm only noticing a slight variance of the hair style. That's it.

Like, I don't even see the point, tbh. But if thats what people want, good for them. I have the FFVII-R Cloud with the OG coloring and that's my favorite version of his Remake look so :monster:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm not insane enough to buy a 3rd PAK Remake Cloud yet, but I'm looking forward to Aerith and Tifa! Barret doesn't look that different to me though?

@Makoeyes987 Cloud's face looks pretty different, a lot more like it does in game now. The old PAK is clearly based on his 2015 design.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Barret definitely has a completely new head sculpt, and the sunglasses and gun arm look more accurate too. It does otherwise look mostly the same, so presumably a retool rather than a totally new figure? Can only guess it's the same for Cloud.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah I compared my original Barret to the new one, and the new one has a much better looking face. The gun arm also does look a little different, but the sculpt seems largely the same.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Crisis Core Aerith gets my vote for "most worthless FFVII PAK." Like, why the heck is she in her regular outfit? The white dress she wore most of the game would have made that figure much more unique! At least once I get the Remake one, I can have her hold the flower basket since the CC one already has the staff.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Anyone notice how much better Play Arts Kai’s quality has been getting lately? Before, the details would be kind of “muddy,” but all of the Remake figures have been fantastic.

And these new ones are an improvement on top of that. Too bad it’s $530.00 USD for a whole set.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I have the whole advent children line, and the quality from the start to the end of that line is hilarious since it took so long to get them all out. The Rufus figure is kinda aweful, but the Sephiroth is probably the nicest PAK I own.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Impatience and fear for what may happen to the postal service in the coming months made me cave in, I just imported the polygon figures from Japan instead. Coincidentally, they could arrive on the day the remake launches! I'll have me a little FF7 party with the gang since I can't see my friends due to social distancing. Will provide pictures later.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Impatience and fear for what may happen to the postal service in the coming months made me cave in, I just imported the polygon figures from Japan instead. Coincidentally, they could arrive on the day the remake launches! I'll have me a little FF7 party with the gang since I can't see my friends due to social distancing. Will provide pictures later.
That’s very exciting! You’ve got a good day set aside when the remake launches. You can stand the party up beside you and they can watch you play... Just make sure to cover their eyes when their respective selves get knocked out in the game.

Were the Japanese prices reasonable? The prices are being inflated like crazy in the West.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
That’s very exciting! You’ve got a good day set aside when the remake launches. You can stand the party up beside you and they can watch you play... Just make sure to cover their eyes when their respective selves get knocked out in the game.

Were the Japanese prices reasonable? The prices are being inflated like crazy in the West.

If you just want the main set of 7, it's right around $70 which is about as much as I assume square will charge once they're up on the US store. Of course, I wanted all of them, including the secret girl cloud figure, so I may have blown about $200... but its fine since I've barely gone out lately and the big event in may I usually blow too much money at has been cancelled. I've basically only bought groceries and paid rent for the past 3 months, besides my little book making excursion.

@The Twilight Mexican I just got them on ebay from Japan. Found one that wasn't too stupidly priced and had free shipping.

Top Bottom