Remake Voice Actors Announced

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Significantly better than the AC cast on the whole, to the point where I think Barret's English dub is better than the Japanese. It helps that the localisation is way better too.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I kind of wish they got a black voice actor like in AC because there are only a few black voice actors in anime.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I kind of wish they got a black voice actor like in AC because there are only a few black voice actors in anime.

John Eric Bentley is black. (People would be flipping out if he weren’t.) Here is his IMDb page: https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0072829/

Nice list of credentials there! He played an Alliance officer in an episode of Firefly, and a Klingon in DS9. Guys been workin for a few decades.

Last edited:

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I like Barret fine. I had always figured the dialogue from the May trailer was too out of context to show how he would sound, and now the recent trailers show he's not quite as over the top as some thought he was initially. Boisterous to be sure, but not really stereotypical.

Random Nobody

local roach
I like Barret fine. I had always figured the dialogue from the May trailer was too out of context to show how he would sound, and now the recent trailers show he's not quite as over the top as some thought he was initially. Boisterous to be sure, but not really stereotypical.

pours-my-th-drink-313590-2-jpg.3436

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I only just realized the actress playing Aerith is the host of Strange Rebel Gaming. She just finished a playthrough of FFXV a few months ago, which is why I know of her, but this is actually both really cool (just cuz of the small world effect) and also relieving (because she definitely can play to Aerith's more fun loving side). Also, in an unrelated note, somewhat sketch since she is also one of the youtubers who was shown in the Life Is Strange portion.

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
He seems very passionate about doing Cloud justice and I genuinely believe he will, I really feel they've a great line up for the VAs so far

That tweet from George though:( made me feel so sorry for him even if I wasn't a fan of him voicing Sephiroth, obviously it wasn't his decision to not reprise the role(probably that way for most of the previous VAs) and he'd still love to be a part of it judging from that tweet. He's every right to feel bummed about it after voicing him for what 13/14 years now and to not get the chance to do that for the remake the biggest thing he can do with the character was probably a huge blow.

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
Cody Christian strangely sounds like a younger Steve Burton. With what little dialogue Cloud had in the showcase, I was impressed with his voice acting
Right?! The way he sounds in that conversation with Tifa, or the "Go ahead", if you told me that's Burton I would believe you 100%.
That makes me think they were ok with the original voices, but something else went down. This is big, long project, mb they were afraid old voice actors would be... too old at the end.
I'm happy with their choice. Was it different company we would get Troy Baker as Cloud and Nolan North as Sephiroth* xD

*I know they are great, but for god sake, is there a game they are not in?! They are in Avengers now!

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Didn't someone say Troy doesn't do Japanese games any more? And I fully expect Nolan North to be another character in FF7R. Anyone from Palmer to friggin Cait Sith. Or even just random soldiers.

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
Didn't someone say Troy doesn't do Japanese games any more? And I fully expect Nolan North to be another character in FF7R. Anyone from Palmer to friggin Cait Sith. Or even just random soldiers.
Did he? Idk, I don't really follow the news. Huh, interesting.
And Nolan yeah. Seems possible. Very.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Bentley has a great speaking voice but when he's speaking as Barret, it seems like he's pushing something a bit more harsh and heavy and I think that's why it might sound unnatural. It sounds unnatural to me anyway.

When Aerith opens her mouth and the voice comes out, it sounds incredibly unnatural to my ears, like she's lifting her voice up to sound cute or innocent. I realize her VA has a naturally high pitched voice, but it isn't fitting for the character, IMO. In the trailer, specifically when Aerith is all "halllp meeee", I can't help but cringe at how unusually high her vocal pitch is.

I'm content with Tifa, super content.

Cloud's voice is surprisingly perfect to my ears. He sounds very young, which...if we consider his story,
he has been floating around in a bacta tank since he was...what...like seventeen years old? Did he physically grow or mature during that time?
In that regard, it makes sense for him to sound super youthful. And his voice sounds really natural, so that's nice.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Did he? Idk, I don't really follow the news. Huh, interesting.
And Nolan yeah. Seems possible. Very.

I mean I don't know either, just something I heard somewhere. If it's not true, I can totally see him being in this game too. Like North, anything from friggin Reno to Don Corneo to a random soldier.

Top Bottom