Remixes of Final Fantasy Music in Final Fantasy XIV

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I'm not quite sure where this would go... It almost feels like it should belong with the other fan-mixes, but it's also in a main Final Fantasy game, so it's not like it's really a fan-mix either. Mods, feel free to move this where it should be!

Over the course of Final Fantasy XIV, there have been a number of remixes of other Final Fantasy music. Mainly because FFXIV makes a lot of references to previous FF games and not having the music from those games in FFXIV wouldn't sound right. So here's the list!

The Prelude
Prelude ~ Rebirth
Prelude ~ Discoveries
A Cold Wind
Prelude ~ Long March Home
Four-fold Knowing

Victory Theme
A Victory Fanfare Reborn

Chocobo Theme
Bo-down
Eorzea de Chocobo
Gateway to Paradise
Sport of Kings
A Dream in Flight/Ending

Final Fantasy I
The Mushroomery
Battle

Final Fantasy II
Battle Theme 1.x

Final Fantasy III
Hubris
Ever Upwards
Tumbling Down
Now I Know the Truth
Out of the Labyrinth
Shattered
Blind to the Dark
Hamartomania
Hunger/The Reach of Darkness
Eternal Wind

Final Fantasy V
Battle on the Big Bridge Reborn
Deltascape
Omega^2
Decisions
Final, Not Final

Final Fantasy VI
Magiteknical Difficulties
A Decisive Battle - no remix
Battle to the Death ~ Heavensward
Cyan's Theme
The Phantom Train to Sigmascape
A Battle Decisively
Dancing Mad (All Movements)

Final Fantasy VII
Four-sided Circle

Final Fantasy VIII
Shuffle or Boogie - no remix
Game Theory
Blue Fields
Force Your Way
Don't Be Afraid
The Legendary Beast

Final Fantasy IX
Valmo' alla Flamenco

Final Fantasy XI - no remixes
Iroha
The Garden of Ru'Hmet
Onslaught
Turmoil

Final Fantasy XII/Tactics/Vagrant Story - no remixes
Character Creation
Save / Load Screen
Protagonists' Theme
Background Story
Trisection
Precipitous Combat
The Enemy Approaches
Ultima's Transformation
Victory
World Map
A Chapel
Ascent
Boss Battle
The Mystery of Giruvegan
Apoplexy
Flash of Steel
Victory Fanfare (FFXII Version)
Under the Stars
Pressue (No. 1)
Antipyretic
B. E.
A Man Consumed
St. Ajora's Theme
Descent
Ultima's Perfection
Final Struggle
Hall of Worship
Brave Story
Alma's Theme
Poacher's Den
Epilogue
Credits
Intrigue

NieR: Automana
Keiichi Okabe has done some fantastic fusion music for the NieR raid!
Weight of the World (Prelude Version) If Weight of the World was a proper boss theme and mixed with the Final Fantasy Prelude!
Torn From The Heavens/The Dark Colossus Destroys All (Medley) So I thought neither of these songs could get more epic then they already were. I was wrong!
Significance
City Ruins (Rays Of Light)
Voice Of No Return
Alien Manifestation
Song Of The Ancients (Atonement)
Bipolar Nightmare
Crumbling Lies - Front
Broken Heart
Amusement Park
Fortress Of Lies
Grandma - Destruction
End Of The Unknown

Final Fantasy XIV
Masayoshi Soken, FFXIV's main composer does a lot of remixes of his own stuff. So, I'm only putting the... significantly different, shall we say... remixes here.
Silver Tears Remix of Intertwined, the day time feild theme of the Mor Dhona region.
Heroes Remix of Heavensward, the main theme of Heavensward.
Mobius Remix/combination of Locus and Metal, the two main Alexander raid themes.
Nightbloom Remix of Revolutions, one of the main themes of Stromblood.
A Land Long Dead Remix of Penitus, the dungeon theme of the Praetorium, the last dungeon of ARR.
Heartless Remix/combination of Torn From the Heavens, The Maker's Ruin, and The Prelude. Torn From the Heavens and The Maker's Ruin are basically the Warrior of Light's personal theme songs at this point.
From the Heavens Another remix/combination of Torn From the Heavens, The Maker's Ruin, and The Prelude. It's an evolution of Heartless in a lot of ways.
A Pall Most Murderous Remix/combination of Stormblood, The Measure of His Reach (Gyr Abanian National Anthem) and Imperial Will (Garlean Main Theme).
Insanity Remix of the Shadowbringers theme.
A Long Fall Remix/combination of eScape, Rise and Out of the Labyrinth. eScape is the main theme of Omega and is itself a remix of Order Yet Undeciphered, the Azys Lla/Allagan theme. Rise is one of Alexander's themes. Out of the Laybrinth is the main theme of the Crystal Tower. So it's a remix of remixes.
Blinding Indigo Remix of Through the Maelstrom, the main theme of Leviathan.
Landslide Remix of Under the Weight, the main theme of Titan.
Twice Stricken Remix of Thunder Rolls, the main theme of Rhamu.
Primal Angel Remix/combination of Primal Judgment and Fallen Angel, the themes of Ifrit and Garuda.
Return to Oblivion Remix of Footsteps in the Snow and Oblivion, the themes of Shiva.
Ultima (The Primals) Remix/combination of Ultima (both normal and orchestral versions), the theme of the Ultima Weapon. I usually don't put versions by The Primals on this list, but this arrangement is a lot more than just the rock version of the original. And man if the Ultima Weapon theme isn't one of the best boss themes in FFXIV.
To The Edge (5.3 final boss spoilers) Remix/combination of the Shadowbringers theme and Mortal Instants, the theme of Amaurot.

Let me know if I missed any, or if people think of more FFXIV remixes of it's own music that should be on the list. I might go back and add links to videos of where the non-remixed music is used in FFXIV too.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Soken said he didn't think he could rearange it to make it sound any better than it already was. Same with FF12 and Vagrent Story OSTs.

I've also found out The Extreme is in the Savage Raid fight against the last Raid Boss... so I'll link that once someone gets the music up on YouTube.

Last edited:
Top Bottom