• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Replacing Inactive Staff Members. With Votes.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I vote for everybody that has been nominated so far too and I'd also like to nominate Alex, I'm actually quite surprised he hasn't been nominated yet. He's also a very fair, level headed, non-biased and all round great contributing member here.
I'm assuming you mean Alex Strife. I've updated the above tally accordingly. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I demand my muse, Dawn, becomes mod as well. She has done the community a great deed back in the day and she is very patient.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Thank you, Dawn, for the endorsement. :properhug: While I would be willing to return, I did quit in the past and therefore I feel most of the other nominees are more deserving. The atmosphere around here was certainly different then, but still. If, somehow, NONE of these nominees can do it, I'd step up, but as it stands I cast my vote for...any of them :monster:

And yeah Tres for Admin.

Lex

Administrator
While uni is taking over my life at the moment, it should level off shortly. In any case, I still pop on at least once or twice a day and look at most threads. Would I make a good mod? I'm not sure. A long time ago I let defensiveness get the better of me when I felt like I was being attacked and ended up coming off like a bit of a sanctimonious prick without realising it.

Since then, and since becoming site director, my top priority on the forums has been (trying to) be as friendly as possible to the people who help make this site great. Anyone who generates good discussion is wanted and welcome.

Now, there are a ton of candidates that I think would do an amazing job. Everyone nominated so far would be great. I'd also like to nominate Rishi (looneymoon) because I think she'd do a great job. Carlie and GLD would be my other nominations if they weren't already nominated.

I'm keeping my hat in the ring because if people want me to do it, I'll do the best job I can do, and anyone is welcome to PM me or whoever they feel comfortable PM'ing about anything, anytime whether or not I'm actually a mod. Plus I love this place and appreciate the nomination :desu:

also i already have the admin power to change usergroups and i've yet to ban you all randomly you're welcome

EDIT: I really wish some people who've turned down their nominations would reconsider. If you have the time and you're active enough and the community wants you to do it, I think you should just go for it. I don't think there's a way to know if you're going to be crap at it, but at the very least don't be afraid to do it. Time-wise it's literally just making another post or two every now and again, it's not really a huge time-dependent role. If you post often enough and frequently, you should reconsider removing yourself from the pool purely due to time constraints too.

In particular, I'm looking at you fangu. I can respect your decision if you really don't want to be a mod, but remember that people nominate you because you see beyond a pissy post and look for the reasons someone is doing it, and you've always got valuable input. Whether people have agreed with that or not, there's a reason people want you to be a mod - you'd do a good job. The only reason I didn't nominate you the last time or this time is because I know you don't want to do it, but just... think about it :D.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
In particular, I'm looking at you fangu. I can respect your decision if you really don't want to be a mod, but remember that people nominate you because you see beyond a pissy post and look for the reasons someone is doing it, and you've always got valuable input. Whether people have agreed with that or not, there's a reason people want you to be a mod - you'd do a good job. The only reason I didn't nominate you the last time or this time is because I know you don't want to do it, but just... think about it :D.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
What I've said on this page, coupled with Sprites' nominating (assuming she meant me! If so... thank you! :) If not... thank you as well!) is particularly hilarious. I think. But seriously, those words both honor me and make me blush! They make me warm inside in a good way too.

On-topic. If you guys believe I'd do a good job and have faith in me, I'll definitely do it. If not, it obviously means I wasn't the right one for the place. At least at this point in time.

Whichever way it goes, I'm happy with the outcome.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I wanted to thank everyone for their recommendations of me for Sm(ex)od (c wut i did thar?) earlier but honestly felt uncomfortable because...well, because I was flattered and embarrassed and all. Everyone nominated would make a fine mod, I truly believe this, and I'm pleased to be in the running with such persons. I look forward to the chase! *runs off with boobs bouncing*

Fangu

Great Old One
Ooh didn't see this until now!
Lex <3 Well, I wouldn't mind being a mod and I wouldn't object to it if people wanted it - but the thing is, and I'm gonna sound like I'm scheming some grand master plan here, and/or that I'm a sneaky minx - I like working in the shadows. Not as in manipulating people into anything, I'm pretty sure you guys who know me know I never kiss and tell, what people tell me stays with me. And I never try to sway anyone's opinion, I merely talk to them to find out their feelings regarding a matter. But, I feel that having the Mod title slapped on your name, make some people see their relation to you as imbalanced, which can sway their opinion about you before they haven't really gotten to know you. I don't know if that makes sense? I'm a team player that knows both the mods and a good part of the member mass, and I sometimes feel I'm in a better position to mediate when I don't have the formal title. Sometimes it might lessen the gap between the 'big bad mod team' (I don't think anyone sees it that way now but it has been so in the past) and the members, if you have someone who knows people on both sides.

I don't know if this sounds schemy or if it's really just very obvious, but I feel I contribute more without being credited for doing so, if you know what I mean? Not that I'm saying anyone with a title is being treated uneven or is generally seen as "a person of elite/power", and this opinion of mine might be very Norwegian (seeing as people in Norway prefer a flat structure and are likely to be less respectful towards authorities) but it's how I've been thinking all along - you don't need to be mod to help out to keep things neat. If this is something that sounds strange then I'm probably being too much Norwegian at heart, but I'm gonna have to ask you guys if what I'm saying sounds valid or not.

This is something I threw together right before packing my stuff for that cabin trip (when my mother comes in the door she's gonna be all WHY HAVEN'T YOU PACKED YET just like old times aaw <3) so I'm probably not explaining it very well or I sound like a biatch but anyway. :monster:

Edit: The last time I declined because I didn't think I was the mod TLS needed. We needed people a certain group of members could trust. I think I mentioned that as well, even though I didn't name it as the main reason. I felt if I was voted in as a mod, I wouldn't be able to contribute as much as someone the user base who left could trust.

Last edited:

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
Well, I've joined this forum recently and I'm not familiar with everyone yet, but I must say Lex and Tres somehow stand out for me :) Shademp and Alex would be great too!

Great post Fangu.

While we're on the subject of mod-ship and titles, I can confess that one of the primary reasons I stepped down as the formal "Site Director" is because the title itself weighed heavy on me. I stressed myself with the responsibility I associated with the title. Now with that title gone, I am much more at peace. Granted, a mega-huge amount haven't changed, but just lifting off that mental weight has done wonders.

The same would be if I had a forum mod title. The responsibility would be integrated into my daily thoughts and I would worry and stress. In order to be an official moderator, you need to know that the task won't sacrifice your inner peace.

I also like the idea of working in the shadows, to some extent.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I don't know if this sounds schemy or if it's really just very obvious, but I feel I contribute more without being credited for doing so, if you know what I mean? Not that I'm saying anyone with a title is being treated uneven or is generally seen as "a person of elite/power", and this opinion of mine might be very Norwegian (seeing as people in Norway prefer a flat structure and are likely to be less respectful towards authorities) but it's how I've been thinking all along - you don't need to be mod to help out to keep things neat. If this is something that sounds strange then I'm probably being too much Norwegian at heart, but I'm gonna have to ask you guys if what I'm saying sounds valid or not.

Well, your Norwegian sensibilities have swayed me. Endorsement withdrawn! :awesome:

Nah, I still totally would back you and think you'd be great. Honest to God, though, until we actually talked about it in this thread, I forgot you weren't a mod, so I think you've been fulfilling whatever capacity is uniquely yours perfectly.

In order to be an official moderator, you need to know that the task won't sacrifice your inner peace.

I'll let you in on the secret. The key is being able to indulge in cba-ness guilt free. :monster:

Who thinks I'm joking? :awesome:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
So I guess I'll start this in a day or so if no one has any more nominations. Fangu, should I consider you as accepting or not accepting the nomination?

Fangu

Great Old One
Nah, I've decided I think I'll stick to the tech stuff. I'm trying to decrease the amount of Stuff I pay attention to, and not gain more :wacky:

Telcontar

Donator
Why do you need a mod if there is nothing to moderate?

ACF needed mods because there were hundreds active on the site at its prime. This site has only a group of 10-20 actives. Actives who aren't 13, but rather 30.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Staff do a lot more than just deal with rule-breaking posts here. They also work on settling disputes between members, drive activity by planning events and keeping the forums updated with news, and various other things that might not be considered typical staff work.

Anyway I'll probably start a voting thread in a bit

Top Bottom